How much journaling?

laura&fam

Your stunned silence is very reassuring
I just finished Disneyland pictures in my daughter's scrapbook and I was typing up journaling to put at the end of the pictures. It's turning into an essay!

I'm almost done with one page (of size 14 font) and there are tons more things I want to write about. I didn't put any journaling on any of the picture pages because I was just going to have one write up page.

How much journaling do other people do? What is important and what should I leave out? What will she care about in 10 or 20 years?

Any opinions are appreciated, thanks.

I have done very little journaling, I am just going to find a way to make my trip report its own layout..

I'm really big on journaling.
Each night after we were done at the parks I wrote in everything we did that day from weather to fun things that happened.
Everyone picked on me for writing so much.

Then when I made my first book they all laughed about how I made a novel. Yes, I took a lot of photos. Yes, I journaled a lot.

Now that we look back I'm told it's wonderful that I did so much journaling. There are so many things we forgot that we enjoyed reading about now.

We totally forgot DS's joke about a character. We laughed reading how Chip and Dale were fooling around with DS, but then got in a spat. Chip was pounding the heck out of Dale. It's was so bizarre. I don't know. I'm glad I journaled so much.

I love to journal. Sometimes we forget about the story behind the photo. No with me. lol.

I have a 9 page trip report that I will put in a LO (prob in a pocket page, with a Mickey paper clip). :teeth:

I go hot and cold with my journaling, either there is a lot telling funny annecdotes, etc. or minimal journaling of one liners. When we go back to look at the albums, the one with lots of journaling are so much more special and meaningful. I wish I could do it for all of my layouts, but sometimes I am just not inspired enough.

I havent done any disney pages yet because well, havent been to disney yet. lol. In my regular books I journal every page. Sometimes its a lot sometimes its not. I also journal in my own handwritting.

:thumbsup2 I just started scrap booking and i have been a little stuck on the jouraling part so I went to the library and found some books to help me :confused3 need to go read them.....thanks for the tips!

I journal like crazy, for all events not just Disney. I do it in my own handwriting and I've been known to get a hand-cramp from writing so much ;) I have started to do less journaling lately, though, because a spread that would take maybe 3 pages of photos and memorabilia would be 6 or 7 pages with my journaling, and that was getting to be a bit much!

Like disneysnowflake said, you'll forget stuff and be so glad you wrote it down for the future.

Thanks for the ideas. I'll just type up everything I think we might enjoy reading later, it'll probably be 2 or 3 pages, but as long as I'm not the only one. . . .

I do try to hand write some of my journaling in my scrapbooks, but you can fit so much more in a smaller space when you type. Also since I make a scrapbook for each of my two children in addition to mine it's nice to hit print a couple of times instead of re-writing it all.

I am horrible about Journaling. If something specific happened that I don't want to forget then I will journal it otherwise Date and place is about all my pages get :rolleyes1

I do the same thing. I gave up a long time ago on trying to put my journaling on my page. I usually do a trip report after each vacation and post on my website. That way I can't print the whole thing out and then put in a pocket page or in my cm document holder. On postpound albums I would either make a pocket page or 12x12 journal pages.

Cyndi

MomOf2DisneyKids said:
I have a 9 page trip report that I will put in a LO (prob in a pocket page, with a Mickey paper clip). :teeth:

I do lots of journaling on everything. That's important to me, to get all of the story down, or whatever the LO is about. I don't use computer journaling at all, all of it by hand. Partly because I like it that way and partly because I don't have a printer. Even when I did have a printer, I still hand journaled everything.

For our WDW albums, I usually do a title page LO for each park on one side and the other side is all journaling about the time we spent there, what we did, etc. For MK in our 2004 trip, I did a two-page LO of just journaling. Then I did caption-type journaling around the pictures on the LOs as well on almost each pictures. I write like I talk----lots and lots.

Journal Journal Journal!!! Its so important to record the stories along with the photos! My sons love to read the stories. Sometimes I don't like the looks of a page, too much handwriting, but I think its important. I also like the idea of putting the printed out trip report in the album somewhere. Your family will love the stories forever!
Katy :sunny:

One thing I do for journaling is if my kids do or say something funny or cute I write it down on a scratch paper, post it note or whatever and slide it in my scrapbook in the next empty sheet protector.

There are things I have written down like this and forgotten until I went to scrapbook. Then I can transfer the text to a scrapbook page, but I haven't forgotten it in the mean time.

I keep a journal for all our vacations. When I scrap I usually just put a caption or a small journal box on the the page for facts or describing what is going on in the picutures if the LO needs it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter