How much money do you typically bring?

chloerux

Earning My Ears
How much money do you typically bring for the week for 2 people?

We will not be dining at any restaurants.

Thank you in advance.

We don't see the need to bring large amounts of cash with us. Every Disney hotel has an ATM machine which is a MUCH safer way to get cash when needed. Also depends on if you are using credit cards vs. paying cash. Carrying large amounts of cash or leaving it in your hotel room while on vacation is not a good idea no matter where you are traveling.

How much money do you typically bring for the week for 2 people?

We will not be dining at any restaurants.

Thank you in advance.

Do you mean "cash do you bring?" in terms of just having a bit of cash on you? If that is the case, then we usually bring $2-300 bucks in cash.
If you mean "cash do you bring?" in terms of budgeting (I'm only assuming this since you made mention of dining), then we budget about $350 per day for the two of us based on one non-counter service meal per day. Sometimes we go over, sometimes we are way under.

Enjoy your trip!

If you don't need any money for food, then you just need to decide how much you are willing to spend on souvenirs. You can get a pretty good idea of how much stuff costs by taking a look at the Shop Disney website.

I am a little confused about the fact that you aren't going to eat in any restaurants. Are you packing all your own food and going to eat in the hotel room?

$1,000. Just in case. My 33 year old son always laughed at me, he used to take zero cash. Then he went on a trip and all the credit card/atm systems went down and he went 16 hours without eating. Lots of places to buy food, but only if you had cash since the data lines were down. He takes some cash now.

Always about $50 in $1's & $50 in $5's for tips, I like to tip but do not like to overtip for things like extra towel delivery where they start with a $5 but a bad attitude gets less and a great attitude get's a few more $1's. I also live to leave money every day for cleaning service so I know whoever is cleaning is getting paid, I also tip the people who clean up at counter places.

None, I only use credit cards at DVC. That said, I might have some cash for tips.

We figure out all the tips ahead....ME, bell services, housekeeping,airport ,etc plus $25 for extra help we didn't expect. We have that separate and labelled. Then an extra $100 each for DH and I. We usually come home with most of the extra cash.

Drive or fly - We charge everything to room or to the card. There are ATMs everywhere too if cash is needed.

We do bring some cash - about $300 or so. Mostly for tips and very small purchases. We always come back with money.

I always bring a few singles (like to tip at Wolfgang Puck Express) and $5, $ 10 (about $20) to the parks each day "just in case". Many years ago, I think we were trying to buy funnel cake and we were told only cash. This might not be the case anymore.

Just cash for tips, the rest is all electronic. In budget, I budget about $70-80 per day on food and drink, for the entire holiday $50 for merchandise, and depending on length of holiday at least $100 for unexpected expenses.

Used to bring $100 per day for the 3 of us. Now I might bring $100 total. Very few things are cash only. So much easier to use plastic.

We would bring an envelope with cash just for tipping and then we would usually have an additional $200-$300 in cash for miscellaneous stuff. I'd hate to get "stuck" in a situation where all plastic purchasing goes down, which is why some cash is needed, for an emergency.

About $50 in $1s and $5s for tipping and an extra $80/$100 for an emergency. I don't take the emergency cash with me to the parks, but it's nice to have it on hand in the room.

Almost none. Only enough cash for bag/uber tips. We carry consolidated disney giftcards (1 ea.), and a few select credit cards that have 5.25% travel or dining rewards.

I bring $300 in cash for tips and small purchases that won't take CC, especially in Europe. I had to use the ATM in Italy, but so far in no other country. Credit cards with no foreign transaction fee are the way to go.

I also bring about $300 cash and a few hundred in Disney gift cards because we get them for holidays. Then we use the gc's first and then use the cash for small purchases, tips etc. I try to keep the cash more as emergency money.

I also bring about $300 cash and a few hundred in Disney gift cards because we get them for holidays. Then we use the gc's first and then use the cash for small purchases, tips etc. I try to keep the cash more as emergency money.
Eta: we pack backpack snacks and drinks and sometimes lunch. We usually budget a counter service meal in the park per day$60/ 2 adults, 2 children. If we have table service planned we would budget more

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter