How much time for expo?

Maybe an hour? If you aren’t planning on doing a lot there then you should be fine with that. Build in time though if you are taking Disney transportation.

Will depend a lot of the race weekend and day/time.
Example: Marathon weekend, picking up Thursday...last year the line for Dopey bibs was around a hour long, merchandise line was well over a hour. I arrived at the expo around 1:30, didn't get back to my resort until after 4pm just for bib and merch.

This year was my first time doing a Disney race, we did just the Princess half marathon. We picked our bibs up around 1:30 Saturday afternoon and there were no lines for anything. We stuck around to shop but could have been in and out in 30 minute plus transportation time. I've heard that Thursday and Friday are a totally different story, though.

Generally speaking the first day is the busiest because people are picking up for every race. No one will be at the expo Friday that is picking up for the 5K for example. Even that first day isn't always terrible beginning to end. If you can avoide the first few hours it usually dies down. As a PP mentioned make sure to include travel which is not only the bus time but also waiting. I managed to just miss my bus at Marathon weekend 2011 and it was almost an hour before another one for my resort came back.

This was my experience at Princess this year.

There are two or three buildings you will have to go to. There's the bib building/area, which you have to have before you get your shirt.

Shirts were in, if I recall correctly, the very very far back of the main expo building.

There's the rundisney merchandise building. If rD merch is important to you, go there FIRST. It was the first building/line we came to this year, so that was easy.

Study the map they'll publish in the Event Guide (out probably in February) linked to on rundisney's site. Go where you want to go in the order that makes sense for your wants/needs.

Princess 2018 was my first runDisney event, and we were at the expo for 5 hours:rotfl:

We did go the first day, as soon as they opened (after the early entry), which isn’t suggested but it was my first time and I wanted to see it all! They did let us in earlier than the announced time, but I did make some rookie mistakes.

First, taking pictures outside of the runDisney merch building. I don’t regret this at all, but I was thinking it was a good way to kill time before they let us in. If I had known they were letting people in early, I probably would’ve saved that for the end. We still got in the building early, so it wasn’t a huge deal.

Second, we passed by the pre-purchased items entry, because we didn’t know you could enter the regular merch section that way! I figured, let’s get in line for regular merch, the prepurchased things will still be there later. Biggest rookie mistake of the weekend! We got on the regular long line and snaked all the way around this giant room before we came to a stop on the other side, and waited, and waited, and waited until we were allowed in. When we finally got in we did some looking around, and then we tag teamed for the prepurchased items line and the Dooney/Alex & Ani line. Luckily they let us pay for everything on that line so we didn’t have to wait on another line!

Last rookie mistake was forgetting the printed waivers in the room. Not a big deal, because there was no wait at the computers, but a mistake none the less!

Bib pickup in the second building was quick and easy.

The last long amount of time was the vendor building. We waited on line at the Rock tape booth for the free application which was a decent amount of time but completely worth every second. Shirt pickup was quick and easy, and luckily no shirts needed to be exchanged!

We did a little bit of walking around in the vendor building, which was exciting but also a little overwhelming. Afterwards we did photos at the medal banners before leaving.

All of this to say, the time it takes is greatly dependent on what time you go and how much you do while you’re there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts