How necessary is it to book 180 (+4) for a party of 1?

twixieshores

Earning My Ears
I'm planning a solo trip for early May and understand that if I want to eat lunch at BoG, I probably needed to book a 10 day trip.

That said, as far as my other ADRs are concerned, do I really need to lock myself in when I'm not even 100% sure where I'd like to eat?

The restaurants I'm considering are:
Boma
Chef's de France
Skippers Canteen
Cape May Cafe

Tusker House
The Wave
Grand Floridian Cafe
Spice Road Table
Ale and Compass Restaurant
Turf Club

Those in bold are my first choices at the moment. How late do I have to make a final decision?

Imho, I would definitely book Chef's and Tusker House at 180+.
If it were me, I would absolutely book Skipper's Canteen sooner rather than later.
I think you could wait a while until you have a better idea of your park days to book the others
Another thought, book them all, and then either cancel or change the others.

ETA: stupid autocorrect changed my abbreviation of In My Humble Opinion to "I'm home"! So weird, lol

Last edited:
Technically although your a party of 1, its likely really the same seating/ADR as a party of 2. So I would book what you want now and cancel what you dont want later.

I would book everything. I find walking up to restaurants in Disney almost always get turned away, even for a party of one. If you don't want to get locked in for everything you could open the app day of and see what is available and book something that way, there are usually last minute things you can pick up. Also look for a party of 2, not 1, most of the time the restaurant won't show availability for just one for some reason. So if you are having trouble finding something change the number to 2.

You should be able to book BoG for lunch at 180+4. I had no issues booking it for day 1, 180 days out, during Xmas week which is also free dining. Early May should be easier unless they do some type of FD Special Offer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!