How often do you go to WDW?

Mrs S

Earning My Ears
With a trip booked for this summer that we haven't even been on yet, my fingers are hovering over putting a deposit down on a trip in 2019 with free dining!! Is this madness? Or is there anyone else who goes fairly frequently? So many of my friends keep telling me it's a "once in a lifetime trip" but since Disney is my happy place I can't look on this summer's trip as being a one off, be all and end all. But maybe I'm mad...I'd be really interested to hear what others do!

Thanks for the reply - the cruises look great too. Honestly I'll have to remortgage the house at this rate!

We have booked next years, and haven’t been on this years yet! Go for it! YOLO, as the youths say...

Oh, that's the kind of thing I like to hear!! My family think I'm slightly mad. I'm far from being a youth but I can subscribe to the YOLO bit! :thumbsup2

Not sure what you mean by fairly frequently. I have been 15 times to WDW, once to DL California and on 8 Disney Cruises since 2004. We have a trip booked this summer and November, and my husband and I had a week at WDW in February too. We have already booked a cruise (and will probably do apre-cruise WDW stay) next summer and are planning a cruise for early 2020 also.

Essentially, we go as often as we can (if we buy APs we try to get at least 2 trips out of them). Owning DVC helps, I think, because it keeps our accommodation costs down. My husband likes to go to other places too, otherwise I honestly think we would have been more.

Thanks so much wilma. Gosh I'm envious of your vacations! I just wanted a bit of reassurance that I'm not so crazy to already be thinking of going next year when we haven't even had this year's trip! In real life literally NOBODY I know understands my love of all things Disney and they're just going on and on about how I "have to go somewhere else..." "you can't be seriously thinking about going again next year?!" and all that stuff. I was just hoping I wasn't alone and it seems I'm not, so yay!

We booked our 10th WDW trip for Sept 2018 holiday in October 2017 (3 weeks after returning from our 2017 trip)
Normally we wait till we are back but I have already booked No. 11 for Sept 2019.

We have been every year from 2008 (with the exception of 2016 when I went to Australia)

We go every other year. I'd love to go more often if I could afford it though. Don't worry about what others might think, it's your vacation and your money, so you spend it however you'd like :cutie:

we go every two years or so. each year we say we wont go for ages then no other holidat gets us as excited so book again. we usually alternate with a trip to switzerland and a trip to dlp on the way home. when dlp disappoints we think sod it we ll go back to wdw.

we usually convince ourselves its our last trip so we can book the beach club haha

this is our first summer and school holiday trip so hopefully it doesnt put us off!!!

With a trip booked for this summer that we haven't even been on yet, my fingers are hovering over putting a deposit down on a trip in 2019 with free dining!! Is this madness? Or is there anyone else who goes fairly frequently? So many of my friends keep telling me it's a "once in a lifetime trip" but since Disney is my happy place I can't look on this summer's trip as being a one off, be all and end all. But maybe I'm mad...I'd be really interested to hear what others do!

We live in the Midwest and invested in annual passes, we usually go a few times per year. (Two separate one week long trips and some long weekends) The passes make last minute weekend trips more manageable, we don’t have to worry about including the ticket costs with each trip. If we can score enough points for a flight we can pretty much pick up and go whenever assuming we can afford the hotel costs. (The annual pass discounts for hotels can be really spectacular too!)

We went for the first time in 2001 as a one off when our son was five. We've now been to WDW 26 times, (normally twice a year), Disneyland California twice, Disneyland Paris about 10 times and five Disney cruises. We have APs and would go more often if the flights from the UK were cheaper.

Thanks so much wilma. Gosh I'm envious of your vacations! I just wanted a bit of reassurance that I'm not so crazy to already be thinking of going next year when we haven't even had this year's trip! In real life literally NOBODY I know understands my love of all things Disney and they're just going on and on about how I "have to go somewhere else..." "you can't be seriously thinking about going again next year?!" and all that stuff. I was just hoping I wasn't alone and it seems I'm not, so yay!

Oh, you are definitely not crazy, I have always worked on the basis that I like to have "one in the hand". I like to have the next trip booked before I have departed on the current one lol

Like other posters went 9 years ago with 2xDD (7 and 5) and DW for a once in a lifetime trip. DW thought it would be a nightmare and didn't want to go.

Been every year since DW and 2xDD love every minute and I start planning the day we return.

Regards

Paul

I've been going since I was 4 but I'm going on my 5th trip since 2014. Think I'm going to take a break after this next trip till 2022 when all the anniversary additions are finished. Not going to lie, it is difficult not to book free dining for next year!

We used to go every 3 years since 2001. Then we went last year and we booked when we got back for this year and im looking at booking for next year before we go on this one!!
That might be it for a couple of years if we do go next year. Just when you look at other vacations and entertaining the kids theres no comparison and i am a Disney nut. Im trying to downgrade as the BC is getting so expensive but instead im reducing my nights to say 10/11 and staying at the beach for the remainder!! DH seems to take to that plan!! Xx

We're DVC members and go every year, if you love Disney then go as often as you can afford/want to go. Lot's of people do see it as a once in a lifetime holiday, we love it and plan to go each year for many years to come hence why bought DVC.

as for the serious answer?
my first trip to WDW was way back in 1974....
since then it was pretty much at least once a year (sometimes even more often than that)...
and each trip was LONG.....minimum 14 days, often 21 days....a few times even longer (last year was 24 days at WDW followed by 4 days on the disney dream)

in recent years, with the kids all grown up and with their own wee ones, it's still been almost every year, but with only DD and DSIL....not every year with DS, DDIL and the grandkids...they can't come as often...
DS hadn't been for 6 years before our big trip last august (when it was the entire family)

our next trip with the entire family will be 2023...
but i'll be back with DD and DSIL before that...probably several times..

anyway.....as i said, no matter how many times you go, it's NEVER enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!