How often do you watch your Disney movie collection?

The blu-rays really are wonderful. For anyone who is thinking of upgrading from DVDs or tape, you won't regret it. If you've been holding off on getting a blu-ray player--two things: The players are getting very inexspensive, well under $100. The other thing is that you should start buying blu-rays even if you don't have a player yet. Most of the Disney classics are sold in a set with the movie on a regular dvd and a blu-ray disc. If you don't have a blu-ray player you can still enjoy the dvd in the meantime. And...if you wait the darn blu-ray will go "into the vault" and when you do get a player the movie you want may be out of print!

I just got the Roger Rabbit blu-ray but haven't watched it or my Peter Pan disc yet.
They are both in my "to view soon" pile of movies. Also have Mulan and Hunchback on my "to buy soon" list. I've also realized I missed the release of Pocohontas on blu-ray so I need to grab that one too.:earsboy:

My family is counting down our Disney World vacation in January 2014 so we are having Disney Movie Nights at least once a month as an entire family (grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins). My immediate family watches one of our Disney movies about once a week.

That's a great idea Melissa. It's fun to tie-together bits of the movies to the parks.
For instance, take a good look at the backgrounds in Peter Pan, and when you get to MK, notice the paintings of the greenery in the queue of the Peter Pan attraction: It's a match! Of course that's due in part to the DLR imagineers who designed the original attraction in the 50s also worked on the animated features. There is detail like that all over the parks, so it helps to have seen the movies prior to a trip.:earsboy:

I watch them all the time. I have nearly all the animated films so I have a wide range to choose from. Infact I just finished watching Pocahontas and am now watching Finding Nemo.

The Little Mermaid, Mulan, Hercules and Lion King probably get watched more often than the others though (Much to DHs despair lol)

We like to watch one or two a week or as a Disney Movie Marathon over a weekend. Like the PP, watching before trips helps us to better appreciate all of the details in the parks including the music. We have fun chatting about the movies too since we each pick up on something different.:hyper2:

Yesterday we watched Cars 2 and today we're watching Tangled again! popcorn::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter