How quickly it has changed

thanxfornoticin

DIS Veteran
Was just thinking earlier today. Exactly 2 months ago today, we were sitting at a fairly empty Beach Club pool on a beautiful sunny day. The pool was empty because people were taking advantage of the theme parks one last day before the closing on 3/16/20. That seems like a lifetime ago. That night, we had one last evening at HS, and the "feel" of the place was so strange - people not sure how to interact - but still no real distancing, and certainly no masks yet. It was relatively crowded. And just one week earlier, we were attending spring training baseball games, and the NBA and NHL were playing. It seems like a bad dream! Here's hoping that within the next 2 months, things are much improved and moving in the right direction.

It's a nice memory thinking about Stormalong Bay pool! Looking forward to it again.

5 months ago we had just gotten back from a nice trip where we went to EP, MK, and AK with a rest day between MK and AK. Now with all the new requirements and diminished experiences we don't think we'll ever go again. Sad about it

Just 2 months ago our granddaughter was looking forward to setting a career goal of 200 goals for her high school soccer team, her high school graduation and a graduation trip to Disney World with her high school best friends. She's had the remaining soccer season cancelled (8 short of her goal :headache:), prom cancelled, UIL "Math Olympics" cancelled, Sports Banquet cancelled, Academic Awards cancelled and while she WILL get a graduation ceremony she's only allowed to bring 4 guests. 😢 Her Pappy has asked that I be the 4th guest but she's still sad that both of us can't be there. Sad to say, while it's not been "officially" cancelled we're pretty sure that graduation trip to DW, the first week in June, won't be happening. On the "up side" of the last 2 months, she's agreed to play soccer in college and was accepted into the Honor's Program at Howard Payne University AND she was named Class Salutatorian. 👩‍🎓

i-RNMP8V4-L.jpg
:tink:

5 months ago we had just gotten back from a nice trip where we went to EP, MK, and AK with a rest day between MK and AK. Now with all the new requirements and diminished experiences we don't think we'll ever go again. Sad about it
Never say never. It might take awhile, but we have to hope/expect things will get back more toward the normal we used to know.

I remember feeling a certain way after 9/11 too. As though life, as we knew it, would never be the same again.
Never did I imagine a virus would be the next "thing" to change us.

2 months ago today was my last full day of work before we closed 'For 2 weeks due to COVID 19' and we are still closed. We were still planning an August trip to San Diego and DLR that now will likely not happen this year. My coworker was still planning her June wedding which will now look very different from her original plans. We knew things were changing but really had no idea how drastically this virus would change life as we know it.

I was telling my husband if I knew our trip in April 2019 was the last time I’d be at WDW with everything being normal, I would’ve taken time to appreciate it more 😢

id been getting ready to buy DVC also but now I feel too nervous to make a commitment like that knowing that something like this virus is possible, and not just something out of a movie.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!