How running saved me from myself

Hiya pals!

Long time no see ;)

Things have been crazy around here. I've been working a lot, and taking an online accounting course at Wharton trough Coursera. I though it would be easier, but it is a really good course and It takes a lot of my free time.

And, among all that, I have my running to do! :smooth:

So, I'll run my first 10k race this weekend, and I am super excited!

I can't wait to see how will I be! I mean, maybe I can use finish time as a proof of time for Disney. Well, I shouldn't be worried about that, because I just signed myself to a 15k in September 20, and I bet I'll be faster by then.

Oh, this is a night run - and, as I said before, I love it!

Well, that's all for now...

So, see ya real soon :earsgirl:

Well done on your achievements so far, running has definately had the same effect on me as it had you.
And I completely agree with you, I think a lot running, it is very therapeutic.
Keep setting the goals and it will push you further knowing you have an aim.
We've done a couple 10k endurance runs with obstacles thrown in there for good measure, but now the half marathon is my aim by the end of the year so we can do the London marathon next year.
Looking forward to hearing about your next achievement :)

Things have been crazy around here. I've been working a lot, and taking an online accounting course at Wharton trough Coursera. I though it would be easier, but it is a really good course and It takes a lot of my free time.

I LOVE Coursera!! The Wharton classes are great - I like that they're short. I'm actually starting the Ops Management course on June 1 to help keep my skills sharp in case I decide to go back into the workforce.

@SarahDisney and @roxymama - thank you so much for the good vibes! :cutie:

Welcome @Claireywalsh ! Hope you enjoy our little chat here :p
So, have you ran those obstacle races? This is so great!

Obstacle races are definitely on my 2016 race bucket list. For now, my muscles are not strong enough (I recently discovered that I don't use well my "buttock muscles" to run because they're too weak. Yeah, well...imagine my arms then!).o_O

Do you have any tips for me?

@Keels Thats awesome! It is always important to keep our brain working and our knoledge sharp! Hope you enjoy your course as much as I did I.:flower1:

I hope your race went well! It is awesome that you have dived right into running! Looks like you have lots of races coming up. Looking foward to hearing about how they go! When is the WISH gathering?

Hello everyone!

I now I promised to write here as often as I can...but work has eaten me alive this month! So, I'm sorry for my absence in the past weeks.

Even my running suffered a little, as I've being working over 8pm in the last couple of days (I should be working right now reviewing a few doccuments for a due diligence report I must release this week...but it is Sunday! I deserve a break!)

In the mean while, I had my first Nutritionist appointment, and I'm currently on a 1.500 calories diet. Which makes me sad. Haha

I downloaded a few apps to help me, and I'm currently obsessed with the Fatsecret.
I have to admit that I didn't insert my calories from yesterday. It was my dad's bday and we had homemade hamburgers (D.E.L.I.C.I.O.U.S.), and I made his favorite cake - strawberry, creamcondensed milk aaaaand brigadeiro!

Have you ever tried brigadeiro? It is Brazil's favorite birthday candy and it is awesome! But has tons of fat. Haha

About my race: I loved it! My friend runned with me the whole course, and it was really inspiring.
We finished our 10k it in 1:09h, and I wonder if I should submit it tho the proof of time for the half at WDW marathon weekend.

I've being so homesick this days...guess I'm missing WDW awesome energy and happiness. Is it January yet? :earboy2:

Well, see ha real soon :earsgirl:

I actually googled brigadeiro because I had never heard of it ... looks delicious. Maybe not so healthy, but yummy!

I'm glad you loved the 10k! That's a good time - I definitely think you can submit it, and if you get a better time later, you can just submit that (I'm pretty sure you can submit as many times as you want and they just take the last one you submit).

I've being so homesick this days...guess I'm missing WDW awesome energy and happiness. Is it January yet? :earboy2:

I know, right?
I mean, I'm not ready for the races yet, but I really just want to be at Disney!

@SarahDisney I'll try to prepare a few brigadeiros in January, so I can addict you to it! :P

I loved so much my firts 10K that I registered myself to another one the next weekend!:scared1:

hahaha...let's see how it goes!:lmao:

@SarahDisney I'll try to prepare a few brigadeiros in January, so I can addict you to it! :P
You can bring them, but I won't be able to eat them :( (I keep a very specific diet for religious reason and can't really eat things that most people make at home ... it's called kosher and it's hard to explain if you don't know a lot about it)

I guess this running thing really is addictive! Congrats on signing up for your second 10K!

No problem, @SarahDisney ! I'll find a kosher recipe (I have a friend that follows the same kosher recipie and if there is a way of making kosher brigadeiro a, she'll know it!).

:flower:

Thanks so much for all the support! I am really enjoying this journal, specially because it gives me the opportunity to meet nice people like you! :disrocks:

Last edited:
So...I (finally) climbed my 10k wall.

I

AM

SO

PROUD!

It was only 11k, actually:rotfl:

…but I felt wonderful! Took me a little longer than I’d expected, because I ran 3,5k with one of my running pals, and he is slower than me, so I had to slow down a little to keep at his pace. I finished it in 1h17min, at an average pace of 7min per kilometer (gettin' better y'all!)

well, just wanted to share! :goodvibes

As I am still working (it is 8:55pm…) I won’t be able to go running in the park tonight…ugh! This isn’t good, because I have a tough 10k course Sunday at my second 10k race! Wish me luck, guys!

So...I (finally) climbed my 10k wall.

I

AM

SO

PROUD!

It was only 11k, actually:rotfl:

…but I felt wonderful! Took me a little longer than I’d expected, because I ran 3,5k with one of my running pals, and he is slower than me, so I had to slow down a little to keep at his pace. I finished it in 1h17min, at an average pace of 7min per kilometer (gettin' better y'all!)

well, just wanted to share! :goodvibes

As I am still working (it is 8:55pm…) I won’t be able to go running in the park tonight…ugh! This isn’t good, because I have a tough 10k course Sunday at my second 10k race! Wish me luck, guys!
Keep up the hard work. Only a few short months left till Disney.

Dear all, I am super excited!
I'll be running the Disney Magic Run in São Paulo with my family the next Sunday! Yay!!

Me, my uncle and my cousins will be running the 10k, and my parents, 2 cousins and an aunt will be doing the walking path (3.1k). Isn't it nice?!

I picked up the running kits yesterday. They are cute and all, but the t-shirts are too small! All the sizes are way smaller than usual! I don't think I'll be able to wear mine.

I didn't mention it in here, but I had a major problem the past few weeks.
I was in such pain that I couldn't even walk. I was desperate because it seemed like I wouldn't be able to run my next races or even training right for the WDW marathon weekend!

Long story short, I discovered that I had a minor tendon break because of the position I sleep in!

I feel better now, not completely healed, but definitely better.
image.jpg

Sorry to hear about the injury, but I'm glad you're feeling better!

And those bags from the magic run are adorable!! Have a great time!!

Hi guys!

The race was awesome! It was really crowded (as Disney stuff usually is), but it was really nice to come back in such a merry day!
There was 2 kinds of events that day - the 10k race and the family walk, and even the dogs were invited! haha
My mom and dad took Lola with them (our little Westie), and she was dressed as Minnie Mouse - adorable!

And, of course, I was also dressed up for the event!

btw: that's my dad, behind us, wearing his Mickey hat!

11894651_1038138999529619_2841355527659447419_o.jpg

I'm sorry to read that you had a tendon problem..ouch! But you look adorable for your run.
Glad you still were able to do your run because it looks like a lot of fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!