How running saved me from myself

Thanks @roxymama and @SarahDisney! It was really fun!

After that race I had 2 others.

September 13th was my 15k debut. And OMG, it was CRAZY!
The race name is Adidas Boost Endless Run, and it is actually a challenge: the first course was a 10k that you should run in 1:30 min tops. So the race began at 7am and ended at 8:30. The second course was a 5k, and the race started at 8:45.
I ran the first 10k course in 1:05, so I had time to "rest"... I even had time to have a massage! Haha! The second course was slower, but amazing! It felt awesome! Especially because it was a nice winter day - 9° Celsius. I love the cold weather.

And then I ran my second 15k yesterday. And it was EXTREMELY hot. Jesus Christ, it was too hot 36° degrees Celsius.
I had stomachache since the 6th kilometer, the sun was slowing everybody down, but when I finally crossed the finish line...OMG! I was feeling undefeated! I still can't believe I did it!

I feel a little too excited about it! Hahaha

This was the Gilette Vênus - a girls only race, and it was amazing!

I went with a few girl friends, and our running coach went to support us there. Our running team's name is Equipe Relâmpago (it means "thunder team"), and our coach was dressed as The Flash....hahaha check it out:

image.jpg

Wow! Two 15k's this month, that is awesome! I'll have to be honest that I googled how many degrees Fahrenheit your races were. 36 is HOT!

I think I might like doing a race that had a half hour break before I finished it. But how tempting would it be to say "I'm done" for the day. So cool!

Great job getting through both 15K races!
Wow, 36° is brutal! I can't imagine running in that weather. I'm so impressed that you were able to do it - that's amazing!
I love your coach's Flash outfit, that's awesome!! But probably not very comfortable in the heat...

Brunna, great running log! Thanks for inviting us along!

Love the picture of your team And love sharing your progress
keep us posted :)

Thanks @margitmouse , and welcome! :wave::surfweb:

I don't post here as often as I wanted too, but I'll try to keep you guys as updated as I can.

I have a new race this weekend - Mc Donald's 5k. This is a girls only race, and it happens in multiple cities around Latin America - in Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Brazil and others.

I'll be back with a few pics after the race! :cutie:

So... this is it.
My first half is coming. And I am terrified!

Since I had some injuries, I couldn't do the training I wanted or needed... and I only ran 10 miles until now. Wow..."only" ten miles! Shut up, Brunna! :dance3:

Seriously guys, if a year ago someone told me I'd be training for a half marathon in just a few months, I'd laugh!!! :rotfl:

I am excited as well...but most of all terrified! Wish me luck!

My first Half Marathon.
OMG.

It was AMAZING! Guys, seriously...amazing. I am mesmerized until now. :faint:

I am a very anxious person, which makes me suffer in advance for almost everything, you know? My brain doesn't give me a break. And I spent last week suffering A LOT, thinking that I was crazy about registering myself into this half marathon thing. I even went to an acupuncturist to get some relief. But what really helped was the long talk I had with my coach. He is a great person! He is pacient and kind, and helped me to see myself.
Suddenly I realized that the person I see in the mirror is not the same person people see. Crazy, hu?

Well, the thing is: I realized that if I demand too much from myself, pressure me to get a faster pace I wouldn't be able to finish the race. Then I just slowed down and enjoyed the ride. Literally, I enjoyed all the 21K, and finished sobbing, because I was too happy and proud of myself.
And then, I took this cute little pic...because I deserved it! :banana::hippie::dogdance::cool1::Pinkbounc:woohoo::cheer2:

DSC09661 - Copia.JPG

YAY!!!! CONGRATS and AWESOME and WOO HOO!!!

I hope one day if I ever conquer that distance I can have an equally fun set of pictures. You look sooooo happy!

Thank you so much @roxymama and @SarahDisney !
(it might seem a little cheesy, but I got watery eyes by reading your postings).

It is always nice when people care about you and support you on the go.
And I know you can do this, Roxymamma! I never thought I would...and here I am: I am a half marathoner! :eek:

So I had the worst nightmare of all: I was back from WDW aaaand I had no memory of it. Like, no memory at all.
The worst part is that I always have this nightmare when my trip to Disney is near... crazy, eh?

Well, back to the training log - I didn't do a thing this week. Not even a kilometer. I feel bad, but I was so tired I thought it would be ok not running just this week.
Next week I'll be back in the gym - have 2 months to grow some muscles here! Ha-ha

Can I share something silly here?
Found those babies here in Brazil! A big woohoo!!
Hahaha

I know it is silly, but there are a lot of things that I can only find in USA. But now I am really happy to know that I'll be able to find those here!
image.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!