How Scary is Jurassic World?

Rose77

Mouseketeer
We will be visiting Universal Studios for 1 day this October. Our kids are ages 6 and 10. Do you think it would be too scary for the 6 year old? I would say she is about average when it comes to being scared by things. I would most likely show her a video of the ride beforehand so she knows what to expect, but I am just wondering how intense this ride is in person vs. just seeing a video of it. TIA for any insight you can give me!

Which parts are you most worried about that might scare the kids, the dinosaurs or the drop?

I havent been on the new Jurassic World but I have been on the old Jurassic Park. I have watched a YouTube of the new ride. The basic ride layout hasnt changed that much. You are in a boat, the ride starts peaceful with cute dinosaurs, then you start to go up the levels. As you go through different levels , sections, the dinosaurs get progressively more scary, they pop out at you, theres water effects.

The last part of the ride, indoors is where the most scary dinsaur action takes place, and then there is the big really fast drop.

For me the worst part is the drop, its a bit more intense than Splash Mountain. The dinosaurs do make you jump, but its not really that scary.

You should really look at the YouTube videos, as only then will you be able to judge if it will be ok for the kids.

I think it depends entirely on your kids. I haven't been on the new ride, but my 13 year old has loved the old one since he was about 5 and my 10 year old still refuses to ride it because it's dark, scary and big dinos pop out at you. But he hates all dark rides and jump scares, so it's just his personality.

Well, I showed a video of the ride to my kids and they didn't think the end dinosaur part was too scary. (In fact, they thought it looked "awesome.") However, the drop at the end didn't seem like very much on the video. I am guessing it is more intense in person. The kids say they want to ride it, so I guess if the drop is too much for them at least it will be over quickly! Thanks for you input. :)

My 7 year old sobbed through it, but she's also scared of Indiana Jones. She's a tough little girl in general, but Jurrasic World scared her a lot. If your kids can ride Indiana Jones without freaking out then they'll probably be fine.

My 7 year old sobbed through it, but she's also scared of Indiana Jones. She's a tough little girl in general, but Jurrasic World scared her a lot. If your kids can ride Indiana Jones without freaking out then they'll probably be fine.
Thanks for sharing! We will be doing USH first, so maybe Jurassic World will help us know if Indy will be too scary for the 6 year old.

Thanks for sharing! We will be doing USH first, so maybe Jurassic World will help us know if Indy will be too scary for the 6 year old.

I hadn't realized this is their first trip. Have you been to WDW? The dinosaurs in Dinosaur! are about on par with Jurassiac World. They are less realistic in JW, but there's more blood and gore and it's obvious they are trying to get YOU vs on Dinosaur!

Yes, this is our first trip to DLR/USH. We have been to WDW, but we didn't ride Dinosaur! (kids were much younger then).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter