How to balance TWO kids and vacation allowance.

SandraC

Longs for the feeling of sandy salt water in her k
Hi, dd is 8 years old and ds is 2 years old. dd gets way more STUFF than ds because ds is too young to know what he's missing. He gets lots of hand-me-down things. Frankly, both my kids have too much STUFF (we have generous friends and family) ~ but during WDW vacations I would like to even it out. I just can't think of how! Last year, we didn't give dd and allowance. we just let her buy anything see wanted because she didn't really ask for much ~ a stuffed animal here are there ~ things we were happy to get her. Last year, ds was 15 months old and we bought him a Mickey Mouse car just so he would have a souvenier (they have the ears, clothes, dolls etc.,. all ready). I know dd will want to buy a couple more stuffed Disney characters, so should I buy the same for ds? He still doesn't get it. Last year I gave him a giant BEAR, from Bear in the Big Blue House. I asked him if he wanted it, he nodded NO. Even now, we will be at a store and I'll ask him if he wanted what he's playing with, he never does. I know that will change because dd was the same way. But I would like to get ds stuff at WDW, just can't think of what to get him! THINGS aren't that important ~ but a few little souveniers would be nice. Sandra

Trying to think of what younger DS liked 2 years ago at WDW when he was 2...those light swords and the light spinners that they sell at the parades, the Toy Story toys that are sold in the cart/kiosk across from Buzz's ride in MK, the stuffed animals at AK (not the characters, the "real" animals ones), and oh, how could I forget, costumes- in the next year, your DS will probably start to enjoy "dressing up". I never knew little boys played dress up until I had boys of my own. Even if your DS doesn't seem particularly interested during your trip, I bet that he would enjoy a Buzz or Woody costume, maybe Peter Pan (my guys love Captain Hook, but you may want to start with a non-villain for your little guy ;) However, your DS might like to have a plastic hook like Hook's) when he gets home (makes it easier to relive those WDW memories when you can dress like a character)...there are some good cowboy costumes in Frontierland near the shooting gallery. Hope these ideas help...Happy Shopping!

Costumes! Of Course! You are brillant! My ds loves HOOK too! Right now, his BIG thing is anything Peter Pan and Toy Story 2. I can't wait until he meets Buzz at MGM! ds has the hook and a Peter Pan hat already. He has Buzz and Woody dolls too. He likes stickers! Maybe I can find some Buzz and Woody stickers! THANKS AGAIN! Sandra

my kids also liked those little cars that you can get with the characters in them. Also the hats. EVERYONE had to get a hat!!

I tend to buy clothes or small tinkets...oh forgot I buy them pins to we collect as a family

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter