How To Book A Cruise Questions!!!

cindala

<font color=blue>Must solemnly vow NEVER to toggle
We are looking into going on a Disney Cruise in July 2005 for our 25th Anniversary if the price is right.

Can anyone give advice to first time cruisers on when is the best time to book, the best way to get the best price, booking through a travel agent or on your own, which ship you would recommend...etc, etc.

Any information is greatly appreciated.

The earilier you book it the more of an early discount you shall get. I would reccomend going through Dreams Unlimited, b/c they also offer "specials" with rebates and if the price drops, you don't have to hassle with the watching and calling.

about DU is they'll keep checking to make sure you have the best rate. The REAL key is book EARLY. As soon as you know when you want to go, reserve it. I priced a few agencies, but ended up w/DU. They were well-priced but they also responded in the most timely fashion.

Thanks for the information about DU. If you are doing a land and sea package, do you book the room yourself or do you also use DU for the land part?

I am so use to booking everything myself, a la carte, and not using a travel agency, I just want to double check.

I say, look at the land/sea package carefully. If it is exactly what you want then go for it. I booked only the cruise because we wanted more than 3 days at WDW and we are a family of 6. For some reason the travel industry caters to families of four. They have real trouble with 6 people--especially price-wise. Also, packages sometimes contain nice extras (lanyards, etc), but if I'm paying more for those, they aren't "nice-to-have" anymore.

One thing I would say in favor of the land/sea package is the seamless transition between the two.

Usually, however you can do it cheaper on your own and do it the way you want.

...but hey, I'm one person! Hopefully someone will post a different view and you can judge better.

I read about the advice of booking early all of the time, but I booked our cruise nearly a year ago and the price hasn't changed a bit. Actually, there is a special running on the Eastern 7-day cruise right now for Sept. Why is it really necessary to book early if the price doesn't change? Is it just for cabin requests??

Thanks,

As far as the which to choose that would depend on your itinerary desire. If you are doing the 3 or 4 night cruise you will be on the Disney Wonder.

If you want to do the 7 night you will be on the Disney Magic.

MJ

We booked our November cruise the first week of January. It now is 700 more for the same cabin on the Disney website, and we saved a little more with our TA. We booked the 7 day and then added 2 nights at the park. I have to say that when I had to change our plans this past week due to a family situation, it was SO easy to just go to the TA. I would have had to cancel the reservation for the resort then make a new one & go thru all the confirmations to request the section we wanted. She just entered a couple things, called to confirm and called the resort directly to handle the room assignment. Everything transferred. Easy as pie! I have never used a TA before but will in the future with all the time she has saved us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter