How to dress at Palo's

happy mom of 6

Earning My Ears
My family and I will be going on a cruise in April 2004. My husband and I will be celebrating our 5th wedding anniversary while onboard. My question is that we will be going to Palo's and I don't know if I should wear a long gown or a short dress. What should my husband wear? A tux is out of the question. Maybe Dockers and a nice shirt. What do people usually wear? I don't want to overdress but I don't want to underdress either!!

I believe a nice dress or pantsuit for you is appropriate, and they ask that men wear a jacket.

Have fun!

On our cruise, most men wore a jacket. Women were dressed in cocktail dresses or pants. You would look more out of place if you were overdressed than underdressed.

sorry...my DW is traveling...so, I can't offer you her input...

for my .02, most men at least wore dockers and a button down (long or short sleeved) shirt. I am not required to dress up for work (many blessings)...so, Palo was one I wore a suit or sport coat with a tie.

Am sure I'll get flamed for this....but, Palo is such a wonderful experience...I recommend, at least, business casual dress - personally, I'll still wear a jacket and tie. Keep in mind...we either enhance or degrade the surroundings...by what we wear and how we act - do your part to continue magical experiences for all.

You can not overdress for Palos. I wear a tie and coat. We are taking our 4th cruise in Nov. We have done 4 and 7 day cruises. There is a definate difference in the way people dress between the two cruises. Seven day cruisers seem to dress more appropriately for the meals.

It should also be noted that dress for the brunch at Palo is much more casual, with the dress code basically the same as for dinner at the other restaurants.

I totally agree that you canNOT overdress for Palo. In my experience, your DH will be out of place in Dockers and a polo (except for lunch).

When we went in January we went on the last night of the cruise and my dad wore a jacket and tie. he was in the minority. Most men were in Dockers and a polo. He actually felt out of place and he was wearing the recomended dress!:confused:

Personally, I think you ought to dress in your stateroom before going to Palos. Otherwise, not only will you give your fellow diners a thrill, but Palos is all windows and whomever walks buy will get a cheap thrill too :teeth:

We were there Saturday night and the majority of the men were in jackets and ties, didn't notice the pants as they were seated. Most women wore dresses. In fact, a young woman walked in in casual slacks and a sleeveless top and she looked very out of place. For me, it was a nice "dress-up" occasion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter