How to dry things?

Chrislovesdisney

DIS Veteran
just wondering what provisions there are and what I would need to bring in order to dry bathing suits and my dd's bibs. Is there a cord that stretches across the shower like some hotels have? Are there hooks (and I would need to bring string to rig something up)? We will be on the fantasy. Tia!

I put our clothes out to dry on the balcony (secured to the chairs with clothes pins) one night on our first cruise and woke the next day to them being completely soaked, more so than when I put them out. We now hang our wet clothes on the line in the shower, still using clothes pins.

I put our clothes out to dry on the balcony (secured to the chairs with clothes pins) one night on our first cruise and woke the next day to them being completely soaked, more so than when I put them out. We now hang our wet clothes on the line in the shower, still using clothes pins.

Just as a note, you are not supposed to leave anything out on the balcony like stuff to dry.

Bring clothes pins. There is a retractable clothes line in the shower. There are also dryers in the laundry rooms.

As Dug720 said, you are not supposed to leave anything outside on the verandahs.

Just a note, we "dried" a lot of bathing suits on the clothes line in the shower. But it is so small and damp in there, that no drying occurred. I'm not saying we put clothes out on the balcony, but if we did, and secured them well, they would certainly have dried a lot faster. :rolleyes1

The dryers in the laundry room is another option. $2 per load, but if you just put a few swim suits in there, it does get the job done.

If the item needs to be drip-dried, I hang it on the line in the shower. Once it stops dripping, I move it to a hanger in the closet away from dry clothes.

One thing to help drying is to lay the wet item on a towel, then roll the item into the towel and walk on the towel, flatten it the other way and walk on that. If the item is really wet, perhaps do it with another towel or the other direction ( lengthwise rather than top to bottom) to help get the excess out.

We drape things over the back of chairs, hang them from the hangers in the closet, etc. If we are in Port and it is sunny, put them out on the balcony until we sail away.

The line in the shower is useless.

Usually, I am a rule follower. 5 cruises and I've Always put items on our balcony. Lots of them. I agree that the line in the shower does not work to dry wet suits. There simply is not enough air flow. Now, this would NOT be an endorsement that anyone else break the rules, but I am not willing to pack 7 suits, and I'm also not a fan of trying to put on a wet suit.

We make sure to bring multiple bathing suits so while one is hanging in the shower we have something else to wear in the mean time.
This is my strategy too. I try to avoid wiggling into a damp swimsuit so I bring 2. We hang in the shower but it never fails and someone will want the shower so I put them on a hanger in the closet. Sometimes no matter what you do you still end up wiggling into a damp swimsuit

Clothing line in the shower. Never had a problem. I've used the hairdryer to get stuff "more dry" in the past.

Also, there are dryers in the laundry room...

We were on the Fantasy in April. Had no problems with drying bathing suits in the shower. I would wrap them in a towel first, to get out excess water. If I happened to be in the bathroom later, I would wring out any water that made its way to the bottom of the bathing suit. We always had extra suits, but the wet ones dried without an issue. Bring plenty of clothespins.

Clothing line in the shower. Never had a problem. I've used the hairdryer to get stuff "more dry" in the past.

Also, there are dryers in the laundry room...

Same here. There is also irons if you have wet material that can handle it.

Also read of a hack to bring along balloons to inflate and use as a makeshift portable drying rack for swimsuits

Tip: no close pins needed just slip the close line through the leg of the swim suite.

That's such a great idea! I'm a little embarrassed it never occurred to me. Lol

If the item needs to be drip-dried, I hang it on the line in the shower. Once it stops dripping, I move it to a hanger in the closet away from dry clothes.

This is what we usually do - things tend to dry faster in the room than in the bathroom.

We make sure to bring multiple bathing suits so while one is hanging in the shower we have something else to wear in the mean time.

We do this too. I always pack at least two or three bathing suits for everyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts