How To ESTA

Hi,

Sorry probably a couple of stupid questions..

I applied for my husbands ESTA back in May and that came through fine, we had to cancel our trip two days before and I was wondering;

- does this cover us both or do I need to do one for myself?
- do I need to update any of his information as we never actually stepped foot in the US in May?

Thanks

Nicci

Hi,

Sorry probably a couple of stupid questions..

I applied for my husbands ESTA back in May and that came through fine, we had to cancel our trip two days before and I was wondering;

- does this cover us both or do I need to do one for myself?
- do I need to update any of his information as we never actually stepped foot in the US in May?

Thanks

Nicci

You need a seperate ESTA for every person.
Once you have approval it is valid for 2 years. If you input any information regarding where you will be saying when you are there then this may need changing - but it isn't 'required' information so you may not have filled that bit in.

Thanks, very reassuring and painless and great to have the right link easily accessible!

Just want to say thanks to you for the info on this thread.

Though the process is pretty painless, it was nice to have everything laid out beforehand.

Everything went perfectly and both myself and my partner were authorised immediately. :)

Hi, Just wanted to confirm that our ESTA is still valid, we got our ESTA for a trip earlier this year but I have miss placed the booking number. But as we have used the ESTA before and it is now on our passport so therefore it should not matter? Or should it?

How can I find out if it is valid?

Hi, Just wanted to confirm that our ESTA is still valid, we got our ESTA for a trip earlier this year but I have miss placed the booking number. But as we have used the ESTA before and it is now on our passport so therefore it should not matter? Or should it?

How can I find out if it is valid?

If you've mis-placed the number there is no way of checking when it expires but you can re-apply at any time and it will over-write your previous application and give you a fresh two years.

Thank you for this, i wish i had come here a long time ago. I would have saved a lot of time looking round the net.

Thank you for this, i wish i had come here a long time ago. I would have saved a lot of time looking round the net.

Welcome to the Dis :thumbsup2
Anything that is worth knowing about Florida you can find here - as well as a bunch of really friendly and like minded people

Hiya,

many thanks for this - took about 3 minutes for each family member - straight through, no problems, instantly approved too!! A great weight off my mind.

Tessa

Go for it Kathryn - I kept putting it off too -I really don't know what I was scared of - it literally was 3 minutes to do each one - and that included TRIPLE checking all my answers! Nothing complicated - all you HAVE to fill in are the passport details stuff - you don't have to put in travel info or address over there (or even your phone number...) - luckily they are optional, so get the passports out and go for it...:thumbsup2 A wave of relief will follow quickly...

Tessa

Ooooooooo don't say that - I have 2 kids, and work in a school - I am soooooooooooo good at telling people off!!:rotfl:

Tessa

OK I did it!! Phew stressful...!!

We are approved, noted and printed. Many thanks to everyone who has helped and urged me on.

Best wishes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!