How to get a refund

NWADisney

Earning My Ears
I have a hotel reservation for Disneyland Paris the end of May. I can't get anyone on the phone. There is no chat. Any advice on how to get a refund or in touch with customer service? The reason for my trip has been cancelled for Covid. thanks for your thoughts.

Thanks. I'll try to get on the phone at 2 am central time here (where I live) to get first in line in Paris.

Here's a number for US residents. I called them the night before last and hardly had to wait for them to pick up, very helpful as well. (800)438-9876.

Were you successful getting your refund? We have a trip scheduled for July 5-7, 2020. Since France announced yesterday that everything will continue to be closed through mid-July, I now know that my trip will not happen. I really want a refund, not a voucher.

I called the 800 number and got through relatively quickly. I told them my situation and got a refund. The person said there is usually a cancellation fee so I wouldn't get 100% back immediately. I already got most of the refund and she said the cancellation fee may take longer but should be returned as well.

I just called. They are not giving refunds, even if the park is closed. They are having you reschedule or give you a voucher for 18 mos. and at the end of that time, you can get your money back if you haven't used it. Is that what everyone is being told? I purchased the insurance but it doesn't cover pandemics. Even if the park is open in June, I have been unable to get my passports renewed due to passport office being closed so I don't know how I could get there.

Without getting into to much detail, this was a once in a lifetime trip for my family member. She will not be going to Disneyland Paris ever now. I was blessed to have a cast member who understood our situation. I would have been happy with a voucher if was just being postponed or something we did regularly. Good luck. Stay safe.

I also just called. I did work with a wonderful Cast Member who explained that I should wait to do anything since my trip is July 5-7. She explained I would still be charged the 15% (same if I cancelled today) and that things are evolving and they might change and include my dates for waived cancellation fees. She also explained (at the 61 day mark, and all things staying the same) she would take the voucher. If I don't use the voucher, she said I could get a refund at the end of the voucher period (if I can't use it). Long story short, I'm waiting until May 3 and will call back then.

I also just called. I did work with a wonderful Cast Member who explained that I should wait to do anything since my trip is July 5-7. She explained I would still be charged the 15% (same if I cancelled today) and that things are evolving and they might change and include my dates for waived cancellation fees. She also explained (at the 61 day mark, and all things staying the same) she would take the voucher. If I don't use the voucher, she said I could get a refund at the end of the voucher period (if I can't use it). Long story short, I'm waiting until May 3 and will call back then.
We are the 6-9. We have already canceled the rest of our trip until next summer. I also purchased the useless insurance. Can we go next summer? Probably but these policies are crap for all if used to the civility of WDW.

Can you clarify? Call back at 60 days to get the voucher or hope that the dates are cancelled for no fee by then? OR cancel now and lose the deposit?

As of now, my trip (July 5-7) is still governed by the original booking rules, which means I would lose 15% for cancelling as a cancellation fee. I paid for my entire trip up front (not just a deposit). The Cast Member suggested that I do nothing with my booking until 61 days out. At 61 days before my trip, maybe DLP will be waiving cancellation fees for my dates or would offer me the voucher for travel in the future.

Thank you for posting the number! I think I was on the phone for a total of 5 minutes - refund issued!

Stacey

Thanks for the number. I called this morning, I need to clarify what is going on with my reservation. But since I booked on the DLP French website (to save some money) they transferred me there. That was at 9 am this morning. I am still on hold (6 hours later). I think at this point DLP is closed so I don't know if I really am on hold for someone or just being played...

Third time is a charm. Finally got through and was given option for refund or voucher to book at same price. I got a good deal and I will likely book again next year and would be nice to get the same price, but since I booked on French website (which is why I, personally, have had so much difficulty with this reservation, YMMV) I decided to go for the refund and rebook on US site, even if more expensive. They said it could take up to 2 mos. so I will see when I get refund. I did not get confirmation email which bothers me a little.

When was your trip scheduled for? I want to get a refund for my upcoming August booking which I booked on the UK site from the US.

Has anyone had success with the cancellation form?

I filled out the form on March 25th in order to cancel my May 30th reservation. It still has not been canceled so I am planning to call tomorrow. I booked on the UK website if that makes any difference.

Has anyone had success with the cancellation form?

I filled out the form on March 25th in order to cancel my May 30th reservation. It still has not been canceled so I am planning to call tomorrow. I booked on the UK website if that makes any difference.

As an update, I called the number in this thread and they were able to process my cancellation. They found my 3/25 request form but said that it had not been actioned yet (must be quite a backup). She was able to process the cancellation on the phone.

I´ve chatted with CM Aviva yesterday because I have cancelled my trip on March 25th via the online form and I´ve heard nothing since now.

Aviva told me that they have to book back each and every cancellation fee seperatly to all of the bookings and that this is a very hard and long work. Aviva told me that my chat will be hand off and hopefully I will receive my money soon.

It was once again a very friendly chat and easier than going through the phone line. But you have to be lucky to get this option on the official site at the moment.

P.S.
I have posted this in another thread also....sorry if thi was the wrong one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!