How to get from National Car Rental to CCI?

Rachael Q

DIS Veteran
I thought I saw this on a sticky but now I cannot find it.

We arrive at 7.30pm into LAX on Thursday Sept 14th. I am not sure which terminal - we are flying SouthWest from Seattle. We are picking up a car at National. Am I right in understanding that National is not in the terminal and we will need to take a shuttle? Does the shuttle leave from the arrivals level?

What it the best, quickest way to get from the National Car Rental lot to the Candy Cane Inn?

Yep, you get a shuttle to National after you pick up your bags just outside the doors - it is clearly marked and the shuttles come by frequently.

Here are the directions we got from MapQuest:
Head East on Arbor Vitae from National towards Aviation BLVD
Turn R on Aviation go 1.5 miles
Turn L on W. Imperial Hwy
Merge onto I-105 E go 15.6 miles
Merge onto I-605 S go 2.5 miles
Merge onto CA-91 E go 7.7 miles
Merge onto I-5 S toward Santa Ana go 4.8 miles
Take the Harbour Blvd Exit
Take the Harbour Blvd S. Ramp
Merge onto S Harbour Blvd
Make a U-turn at W. Katella Ave onto S. Harbour Blvd again
You are there - 1747 S. Harbour Blvd.

Not being local, I don't know if this is the shortest or best way but we found it without any problems using these directions! :)

Hi Rachael - blast, I get in at exactly the same time as you and end up at exactly the same place - if only I didn't have to spend 45 minutes clearing customs, I'd offer to personally direct you to the Candy Cane!!!

to get to National, you'll pick up a shuttle outside your terminal at LAX. you'll find out exactly where by looking up at the coloured panels above your head in the central reservation (that will make sense when you arrive and see lots of people standing in the middle of the road with suitcases!). I'm not sure exactly which colour you need to make for for 'rental car shuttles' but it's very clear when you get there - you then stand there gazing frantically down the road until you see the National Bus, then jump up and down waving, they'll then take you to the depot. It's fairly easy.

The directions lsited are also right, although we prefer to go 405 (I think) then 22 and drive up Harbour. It just means you're on the same side as the Candy Cane, and we always stop at the Del taco on the way up the road (hey we don't get that in NZ, it's exciting for us!!). there's lots of options to get there. Anyway, see you at the WISH meet if not before - Helen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter