how to reserve specific loop??

mja451

Earning My Ears
Going for 2 weeks in August (we like the heat). DH raised in Florida. Anyway, I remember reading on an AOL board how to try to reserve a specific loop. Something about faxing the front desk at Fort Wilderness ahead of time. We are driving, so will be on the road for 2 days. Last year stayed at FW Cabins and loved it. Would never stay anywhere else. Any info? Also, this year we are staying twice as long for less money than last time. It really pays to read the boards!!

usually when we get the ressie we request a specific loop (we like 1400 and 300) then when we check in we tell them what we had requested. it wouldn't hurt to call them before you leave too. it taked us 2 days to drive down too. so far we have camped there 3 times and the only time we did not get what we requested (1400) was because it was closed. The good thing is that we then tried 300 and really liked it too. these are prefferred loops so I don't know if that keeeps your request better that some other loops.

good luck and don't worry! the staff at ft. wilderness are really helpful. We're going back this aug for 7 nights starting the 16. Have ressies again in Jan for 14 nights.

Because our friend is having Knee surg. in Sept and we are going in early Nov. I called yesterday and gave them 2 request loop sites and was told they would add the request to our paper work. I'm also going to fax them the request just to CMB so to speak

I have always gotten the requests that I have made.

When I make my ressies, I make the requests then. I put the #1 request that I want first and so on down the line from there. Because alot of times, they can not give you ALL the requests that you want, but try to give you your first pick.

Then about 4 days before I am to arrive, I send them a nice fax stating how I can't wait to be there and if it is possible to get the requests. I give them the requests, confirmation number, etc. Then, the next day, I'll give them a call too. (yes, it may seem like over kill, but I've always gotten the requests I wanted). :)

Originally posted by sltrawick
Then, the next day, I'll give them a call too. (yes, it may seem like over kill, but I've always gotten the requests I wanted). :)

Do you call the campground directly, using the number on the back of the confirmation? it seems to me in the past that my requests were listed on my confirmation sheet, but they weren't this time, so i am a little worried.

I would call FW directly.

I didn't have all my requests on my confirmation page, so I called them about it and they do have it on there computer. I would call and double check with reservations to make sure that they do indeed have your requests down.

so can you tell me the direct number and fax number so I can try your idea?? We've never had any problem, but I really want to be reassured this time. I am concerned that with the fairy tale package it may be crazy

Sure, the fax number is: 407-824-3508

and the phone number directly to FW is: 407-824-2900

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter