How to STOP the WDW weight-gain YOYO

^^^ Exactly - Well, change the name of the resort and if you can't (or don't want to) stay within walking distance, just make the effort to get extra walks in...
I also deal w/ sugar addictions - I'm fine & then I "induldge" and then I feel like for weeks I have to battle getting over them... one things I've started doing is when I do allow myself a special treat, I follow it with several Very Low Carb days' & the only carbs I allow myself are veggies... sort of like a Purge :) It helps to get me back on track and lose the cravings. Good Luck!
I know what you mean about sugar addiction. Its just like having "just one" cigeratte after you quit smoking.

Buy an Airfryer... my DH has lost 8 pounds in a month and the ONLY change we have made to our eating habits is to cook with this thing mostly!

Buy an Airfryer... my DH has lost 8 pounds in a month and the ONLY change we have made to our eating habits is to cook with this thing mostly!

But this isn't about dieting, which I'm actually really good at. It's about strategies to make a Disney visit not as unhealthy and binge-causing. It's tough for us not to go overboard.

I know what you mean about sugar addiction. Its just like having "just one" cigeratte after you quit smoking.

This is a huge part of the problem! Sugar is so addictive to us that we get a taste and can't stop.

I am happy to report that I was a LOT more moderate this last trip than in the past. I did not overindulge and wherever I could, I focused on foods with as high a vegetable content as I could get (Loved the vegan and vegetation-heavy options at Pandora!). I also brought my own celery and carrots and almond butter so I had healthy vegetable-based snacks, and I brought some sauerkraut from home to eat a little bit every day, as I wasn't able to take the time out to Uber to Publix to get kombucha. I feel that these foods help with keeping my digestive tract moving, although at one point I did have to drink some smooth moves tea.

I didn't deny myself, exactly. I had treats, but less of them, and didn't eat too much at most meals. It wasn't always easy, but I reminded myself how sick I feel when I overindulge. Then I went right back to my regular diet when I got back home.

I have hopes that moderation is a thing that is possible for me, but takes LOTS of practice, since it's not my habit.

But this isn't about dieting, which I'm actually really good at. It's about strategies to make a Disney visit not as unhealthy and binge-causing. It's tough for us not to go overboard.
Ah.... then I am no help. We think of our Disney vacation as a vacation and eat accordingly. I cannot imagine trying to enjoy Disney food while trying to keep it healthy. EEEK!

Ah.... then I am no help. We think of our Disney vacation as a vacation and eat accordingly. I cannot imagine trying to enjoy Disney food while trying to keep it healthy. EEEK!

I don't expect to go totally healthy while at Disney, but I'm trying to avoid going crazy and gaining weight each and every trip, and then having the indulgences snowball in the weeks after the trip. It's a vicious cycle.

And you are right!

I had 8 days vacation last year on Spanish island and eat healthy, walked, had moderate amount of treats - I returned feeling supper happy and like i had vacation
I had 4 days vacation with friend same destination and didn't watch it at all. I returned feeling rubbish for few weeks after.

I changed my views how I view vacations and much prefer not having to diet after one! When I eat mainly junk, I feel junk so it's definitely not something I want in my life long term.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!