How TOUGH is Spiderman Ride?

Mickey1

Mouseketeer
Hello all! I will be going to IOA in September...I really want to ride Spiderman...can you tell me about it? Like, is it really intense? Is it similar to Back to the Future for motion? Is it a high "motion sickness" type of ride? Thanks all!

In my opinion, not high"motion sickness" at all. I rode it three times in a row on my last trip in April and could not possibly do that with BTTF, Star Tours or Body Wars! It does whip you around a bit but it's not rocky and stomach upsetting. It is HANDS DOWN the best ride ever made... but I'm not unbiased! :D

It sounds like such a fun ride, I can't wait to go on it...the only ride I can't do is Body Wars....did it once years ago in HS and thought I'd pass out...I can do Star Wars and Back to the Future...if it gets to much I just look away from the screen for a moment.......

Spiderman sounds great....how is the freefall at the end? Does it feel real?

If you can do BTTF, you can do Spidey.

The drop feels like you are pointing downward, but it doesn't really feel like you're dropping because there's not that feeling in your stomach that comes with real drops.

I saw someone throw up her hands during the drop. :)

The ride isn't as jarring as BTTF. It's pretty smooth, actually.

The drop is AWESOME. I STILL am trying to figure out how they make you feel like you're dropping for miles and it's really only a short distance.

I agree about Body Wars, I was one of those people who was sitting o the side looking very ill after the ride! I found out during my last trip that it can be bearable if you keep your eyes closed!

The drop feels like you are pointing downward, but it doesn't really feel like you're dropping because there's not that feeling in your stomach that comes with real drops.

I ALWAYS feel like I'm dropping! I'm so gullible, lol. GREAT ride.

I always feel like I 'm dropping as well...

Call me gullible as well...

Its hard to describe really, its definetely multi sensory, you see the objects, hear noise, see the effects, all the while spinning and moving up and down.... all of that going on at once its really really interesting how it all ties together.

I absolutely loved this ride .. it was my favorite. The combination of the 3-d & motion was exciting. We rode it 3x before my son would finally put the 3-d glasses on. It was too much 'sensory stimulation' for him!!

Question. My DD's (ages 4 & 7) both do Star Tours, Body Wars with no problems. The problem they have is It's Tough to Be a Bug and are terrified of that show. Isn't Spiderman 3D? Would they freak with this ride? I am hesitant on them doing this because of how freaked they have gotten with It's Tough to Be a Bug. Thanks.

Kathy - They might be a little young for this ride ... my son was 9 when we did the ride and it was pretty intense. Things are right in your face because of the 3-D effect, along with the motions of the car. I would probably wait til they're a little older before attempting this one.

Cheryl, what? I don't understand what you mean!

Originally posted by AZKathy
Cheryl, what? I don't understand what you mean!

I'm sorry Kathy, it's kind of a joke because I had a panic attack on Spidey one time & Robin just happened to be there!:rolleyes:
But I did conquer the Spiderman today!!!! And Dr. doom also!

You will love this ride - it is my all time favorite ride. I, too, suffer from motion sickness, and cannot do Back to the Future. I had to have my husband and son ride Spiderman first before I would do it. My husband came to me and said "I promise you - you will not get sick and you will love this ride!" Boy, was he right!

Do it!

My 4 yr old DD loves this ride. She was so excited when she was tall enough. I was a little afraid that it would be too much for her. She saw the travel channel special and knew all about the effects so she knew what to expect. The last time she rode it she was so tired she fell asleep.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter