How will an 11 month old react to Disney?

addieh

Earning My Ears
HI,

We are leaving in one week, and I am just wondering how other 11 month olds have done? Do they notice anything special at the parks? Do the characters scare them, or could they care less?

What about staying in the stroller, is this a problem?

I know every 11 month old is different, just wondering how others do.

Thanks!

Hi, we haven't been with an 11 month old but with a 15th month and also 3 months. No problems at all! We all had a great time. At both ages the kids slept great in the stroller so we didn't have to go back to the room we could go all day. I was nursing with the 3 month old and had no problems at all. I would suggest bringing the stroller the baby is use to. It may be bigger than you would like but since they will be in it all day long you want them to be comfy.
The characters were great! Suzie mouse from Cinderella was wonderful with our DS (3 months) she sat down on the ground and then we put him on her lap! You will have a wonderful adventure with a child that young! They may be nervous with the characters so just take it slow. Maybe do face characters first.
You will be amazed at how much fun they have! You know your child best so you may need to take breaks back at the hotel or you can just GO! Which luckily for us we could.

We took our son for his first birthday in November. I wasn't sure how he would react to characters, so I planned a character breakfast for our first morning. He loved it! He could see the characters walking around the restaurant before they came to him. The characters waved and walked up slowly to see what his reaction would be. When he smiled and giggled they came over and hugged, played, even colored with him! We wound up having 4 characters meals during our trip! Each child is different, so be flexible and go with what your child is comfortable with. The added benefit of the character meals is that you don't have to pay for your child since he will be 11 months old.

Definitely bring your own stroller. You child will be more comfortable and will be used to his own stroller. Our son fell asleep in his stroller when he needed to nap. But, we also made time for breaks at the resort for nap time as well. We'll be returning in March for a short 3 night visit. This time, we plan on letting him nap in the stroller so we can spend more time in the parks.

Have fun and enjoy experiencing Disney through your child's eyes!!

We took our DD when she was 10 months old. She LOVED all of the lights and music. She did not seem bothered by the character at all (they are really great with babies and small children). Keep in mind that you will get to ride many things together that you may not be able to ride as she gets older. At 10 months she loved the lights of the Haunted Mansion and Pirates of the Carribbean. However, at age 5, she now says she will definitely not ride them!

Our ds was 15 months old for his first trip last April and he loved it! We were just watching the home video of the trip this afternoon! We are going back this April too! He just turned 2 ~ he loves the video! We was able to fly free, eat free and NO DISNEY TICKETS FOR HIM! For a free trip, he definately enjoyed it! It's fun to see the video and how he started warming up to characters. Got to the point he would cry when they left!

He got to ride many rides too, let me see if I can remember some:
MK: Peter Pan, Pooh, Small World, Dumbo, Race cars, carrosel, Snow White, Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Caribbean, Buzz Lightyear, train, Swiss Family tree house, and I'm sure there is more I am forgetting.

AK: He loved the Boneyard, all the slides and sand! He's eye twinkled during the Lion king Show! The char were great!

Epcot: Spaceship Earth and get this: HONEY I SHRUNK THE AUDIENCE! YEPPERS!

MGM: Loved the characters, can't remember what we did! Oh yeah, BEAR IN THE BIG BH!

LOVED THE WATER PARKS TOO!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter