HRH - Help! Need some clarity?

grumbada

Imagineer Wannabe
Greetings Everyone!

About a month ago, I made a 2-night, 2 adult only reservation for Fri. 11/2 and Sat. 11/3 at HRH. I had the Entertainment card, but they'd said they had nothing available for the Entertainment but was able to reserve a garden view (all that was available for AAA) at the AAA discount of $149 per night plus tax... I called this week, the Entertainment discount still not available but was able to switch to a Pool view room at the promotional rate of $139.50 a night plus tax. Each time they just tell me that the weekends book up fast, etc.etc...

Is there any chance that they'll ever let me use the Entertainment discount for this ressie? Maybe at check-in?

More questions... I've heard much talk on these boards about possible upgrades when you go to check in... Does that mean you upgrade to a deluxe (for example) at another discounted rate?

Also, they tell me each time that Pool and Garden View rooms are only available with 2 queen-sized beds. Is this true? New hubby is over 6'5" and might need a little extra room and otherwise 2 queen-beds might just be a waste of room space for us.

I really don't mean to be stickler. I generally have a tendency to "Make-do" with what I get, but I've never stayed at a resort this nice and want to make sure that our experience there is as wonderful as we can afford... Which may not be again for some time to come.

Help?
:confused:

Don't know about bed availability - we had a kid suite - but I would NOT count on getting a further discount at check-in. You may luck out and get an upgrade (talked to some people who got bumped up to concierge level last week) but from everyone we talked with when we were there 10/1 -10/3 reservations are pretty much back to normal and weekends are booked. Have a great time!

When we stayed at the HRH last Aug, we had a poolview room...when we got there our room was upgraded to a deluxe poolview room, it was huge....

Patty

Go to the Loew's website and sign up for a Loew's First card. It might improve your chances of an upgrade.
I'm not sure, but I thought they had a few rooms with king size beds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter