HRH pool ?

essmom

DIS Veteran
I have read some disappointing reviews about the HRH pool. Several have said it is too shallow to SWIM in and call it a wading pool. I thought there was a 240 ft. slide. Any thoughts-I also read somewhere about a basketball goal in the pool and that so many boys just love it!! Please give me some input on the HRH pool. I realize we can pool hop but it would be easier to stay at HRh where our room will be!!!

The deepest part, by the basketball hoop is about 4 feet deep. It tapers up gradually from there to a zero entry by the sand beach section and has copeing around the other sides. The slide puts you into about 3 1/2 feet of water. Although it has no deep end, it was just fine for us and everyone I saw was having a great time. You really need to be pretty big to not be able to swim in 4 feet of water. They also have an underwater sound system and on certain nights they set up a huge screen on the sand and show movies for all to watch . Most kids like to watch from in the pool, as the name "Dive-in Movie" suggests. I rate the pool- 2 thumbs up!

The pool at the HRH is absolutely awesome. I can't believe anyone would have told you any different. We loved it. Yes it is not too deep, but that really is not a big deal since there is no diving board. It's plenty big, and a great place. The Hard Rock is a great hotel.

essmom--I have bored my fellow disers to tears with my stories about my son and the HRH pool (if you are interested you can look at my recent trip reports) Basically, he will stay in that pool as long as we let him. In August I think he was in 8-9 hours with hardly a break to eat dinner! He loves the basketball area. From the looks of things, several other kids do as well. I think you and your family will find plenty to amuse you at the HRH pool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter