HS EMH during SWGE Opening days?

sarcasticblonde

DIS Veteran
We are in WDW September 8-14th and I called to get the hours for the parks (180 day ADR window is approaching and the park hours aren't online for my dates). Was surprised that there weren't any EMH for HS in the morning or evening. Is this common? Hours are 9-8:30pm that whole week we are there supposedly.

We are in WDW September 8-14th and I called to get the hours for the parks (180 day ADR window is approaching and the park hours aren't online for my dates). Was surprised that there weren't any EMH for HS in the morning or evening. Is this common? Hours are 9-8:30pm that whole week we are there supposedly.
This will change. When? Who knows.

I imagine the park might be open late reply than 8:30 as well.

If EMH are add would that mean resort guests can get in by 7am? So should be there by 5am? o_O

Fer reference, during our 2018 trip (which was a couple weeks after TSL opened), every day at HS had regular operating hours of 8:00am-10:30pm with morning EMH from 7:00-8:00am.

And in 2017 for AK when FOP first opened, they had regular operating hours each day of 8:00am-11:00pm with EMH each night from 11:00pm-1:00am for Pandora only.

If you are checking into a resort later during the day that you arrive are you still eligible for Morning EMH? We are in driving distance and are planning driving down after work and camping out to get in... but if an hour worth of people get in ahead of us, its obviously not worth it.

If you are checking into a resort later during the day that you arrive are you still eligible for Morning EMH? We are in driving distance and are planning driving down after work and camping out to get in... but if an hour worth of people get in ahead of us, its obviously not worth it.

Doesn't matter when you arrive at your resort you qualify for EMH any day it's available. Whether it works for you that first day is unknown considering what might happen with SWGE

To compare, they added daily EMH when both Pandora and TSL opened. There has to be less than zero percent chance they'll have it for GE too. The question would be, I guess, for how long. 1 hour, 2? AM or PM? Both?
It means if you are off-site I'm not sure you'll ever get in GE, unfortunately. I guess it depends on how many Disney Resort guests want to go to GE. Especially now that there are even more resorts to get EMH and how many can get into GE.

To compare, they added daily EMH when both Pandora and TSL opened. There has to be less than zero percent chance they'll have it for GE too. The question would be, I guess, for how long. 1 hour, 2? AM or PM? Both?
It means if you are off-site I'm not sure you'll ever get in GE, unfortunately. I guess it depends on how many Disney Resort guests want to go to GE. Especially now that there are even more resorts to get EMH and how many can get into GE.
Will be there for the first few days of SWGE opening. Did Pandora/TSL have EMH right at the onset (day 2, etc) or was there a delay?

Will be there for the first few days of SWGE opening. Did Pandora/TSL have EMH right at the onset (day 2, etc) or was there a delay?
AM and PM starting on opening day. EMH on opening morning, 7 AM for resort guests 8 AM for others. At least I am pretty sure I have the times right. I think TSL was the same
PM was more than an hour but I'm not remembering now how long it was (it sucks getting old, LOL)

How long does that daily EMH period last? A month, two? I wonder if they might stop the daily EMHs after the first month or so, then restart them when RoTR opens.

How long does that daily EMH period last? A month, two? I wonder if they might stop the daily EMHs after the first month or so, then restart them when RoTR opens.

I think it will have to stay semi permanent for awhile. They need an incentive to drive folks to stay on site.

IIRC, the AM EMH for TSL was all of July and August.

At Pandora it lasted all Summer. Seems like TSM was not quite as lengthy but it may have been

At Pandora it lasted all Summer. Seems like TSM was not quite as lengthy but it may have been

Probably because Pandora opened a month earlier than TSL (Memorial Day Weekend v June 30?)
Plus, realistically, demand fell a lot quicker when compared to FoP. Doesn’t AS2 regularly run shorter lines than Navi these days?

Demand will stay high at SW:GE for a long time (especially since it’s starting in “off season” leading into already busy Late Fall & Holiday Season.

My 180 day comes on May 1st for dining and i was wondering when do you think they will announce EMH for Star Wars ? Was gonna wait and see what the hours were to make my reservations.

I know last year when we were booking our ADR 180 days (december 2017) in advance for June 2018, we were really looking to get into Pandora at Animal Kingdom, but all the EMH was for Epcot, HS, and MK. However, about two months before our trip in April, they announced brand new EMH specifically for guests wanting to get early access to Pandora which changed everything! I wouldn't expect real announcements until July or even August for GE sadly.

I know last year when we were booking our ADR 180 days (december 2017) in advance for June 2018, we were really looking to get into Pandora at Animal Kingdom, but all the EMH was for Epcot, HS, and MK. However, about two months before our trip in April, they announced brand new EMH specifically for guests wanting to get early access to Pandora which changed everything! I wouldn't expect real announcements until July or even August for GE sadly.

Thank you .. i guess ill just have to make the best of it and go with the flow..:flower1:

Obviously SWGE will be totally different and I don't think these two land openings can tell us much, but just for some info FWIW:

Pandora
5/27/2017-7/4/2017 - 8AM-11PM regular hours
7/5/2017-8/19/2017 - 9AM-10PM regular hours
85 total days
All 85 days had PM EMHs, 24 out of those 85 days also had AM EMHs (it was generally twice per week)

TSL
6/30/2018 - 8am-11pm regular hours
7/1/2018-8/25/2018 - 8am-10:30pm regular hours
8/26/2018 - 9am-10pm regular hours
8/27/2018-9/2/2018 - 9am-9pm regular hours
65 total days
After opening day, the next 64 days saw daily AM EMHs, with 8 of those days also having PM EMHs

Obviously SWGE will be totally different and I don't think these two land openings can tell us much, but just for some info FWIW:

Pandora
5/27/2017-7/4/2017 - 8AM-11PM regular hours
7/5/2017-8/19/2017 - 9AM-10PM regular hours
85 total days
All 85 days had PM EMHs, 24 out of those 85 days also had AM EMHs (it was generally twice per week)

TSL
6/30/2018 - 8am-11pm regular hours
7/1/2018-8/25/2018 - 8am-10:30pm regular hours
8/26/2018 - 9am-10pm regular hours
8/27/2018-9/2/2018 - 9am-9pm regular hours
65 total days
After opening day, the next 64 days saw daily AM EMHs, with 8 of those days also having PM EMHs
Always helps to have comparison data.
What were their opening days? 5/27 and 6/30? (forgive my faulty memory ;) )

The only thing I do remember for certain was EMH on opening day at Pandora

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts