Hurricane (not mustang) Sally

Gulf Shores was definitely hit hard as well as Pensacola. We got it as well but it definitely weakened before it got to us. The 3 Mile Bridge between Pensacola and Gulf Breeze actually got damaged in 2 places. Going to be a while before things are back to normal.

Side note @tiggerdad, DW worked on decorations for our site while I was manning the EOC :rolleyes1

Wow.

When did they add the observation deck and little house on top of the fishing platform at the end?

j

Last edited:
Wow.

When did they add the observation deck and little house on top of the fishing platform at the end?

j

Yes that was part of the recent refurb they were soon to unveil.

The deck was designed to have its walking slats blown out during a hurricane to relieve stress on the structure. They can always replace the slats/deck pretty easily. The missing piers obviously have to be replaced but, sadly, they have experience in that too.

ED

Gulf State Park's Facebook page had an update from this past Saturday that they are still evaluating the campground infrastructure and may not allow campers until late October.

There also was flooding in the storage yard just to the right of the check-in building that got as high as the floors of the trailers so any lower storage compartments etc. got all wet.

I have a GSP reservation for early November (a traditional annual trip) so I'll have to wait and see. They might only open certain portions of the cg. Who knows.

Bama Ed

Gulf State Park's Facebook page had an update from this past Saturday that they are still evaluating the campground infrastructure and may not allow campers until late October.
I had the videos pop up on my news feed over the weekend. I knew the pier had major damage, but I didn't realize the campground was hit so hard. I'm sure everything will come through fine (and possibly better), but I feel for the snowbirds and anyone with a camper on the storage lot.

Ed, Hopefully November is far enough off that you can still get your trip in.

j

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!