Hurricane watch 2018

NHC is now once again watching multiple places in the Atlantic.

For Florida the one to watch is the one coming off Africa right now. IF and BIG IF again IF it were to develop it would be around Florida first week of October.

Did I mention the word IF IF IF

Just monitor it for now and that is all.

The other ones WILL NOT be a problem for Florida or anyplace else for that matter.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    154.1 KB · Views: 23

Joining in! I am meeting my daughter for our first Food & Wine trip Oct 4-9th. I thought we would be past all this. I will be watching constantly now! :surfweb:

Stoking the fires of paranoia because sometimes it's fun - lol

From our most trusted source here in Houston

"The main thing Eric and I will be monitoring is in the Caribbean. If we look at the modeling, it’s generally showing an increasing risk that something tries to develop in the southwest Caribbean in a little less than two weeks. That’s a climatologically favored area for tropical development in October. Usually, systems develop there and lift north toward Florida or the Bahamas."

https://spacecityweather.com/092118-dreary-unsettled-weather-returns-houston/#more-8576

Of course, something coming in from the Gulf would be a west coast strike - not like Irma that came more off of the Atlantic

"The main thing Eric and I will be monitoring is in the Caribbean. If we look at the modeling, it’s generally showing an increasing risk that something tries to develop in the southwest Caribbean in a little less than two weeks. That’s a climatologically favored area for tropical development in October. Usually, systems develop there and lift north toward Florida or the Bahamas."

https://spacecityweather.com/092118-dreary-unsettled-weather-returns-houston/#more-8576

Of course, something coming in from the Gulf would be a west coast strike - not like Irma that came more off of the Atlantic

I agree, the Caribbean will be the most concerning the next 3 weeks. After that we should start the step down towards the end of the season.

:scared:

We have to keep our eyes on Kirk.

At this time I dont think it will make it past the Islands. Too much wind shear and it will probably get torn apart.

Just keeping one eye on it for now

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    86.3 KB · Views: 14
We must keep our eye on NEXT WEEK to MIDDLE OF NEXT WEEK.

Models are now hinting at "something" trying to develop in the Caribbean and move north.

Unfortunately the October pattern for Hurricanes DOES NOT favor Florida.

So for now we wait and see what happens.

Attachments

• Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    54.6 KB · Views: 14
We must keep our eye on NEXT WEEK to MIDDLE OF NEXT WEEK.

Models are now hinting at "something" trying to develop in the Caribbean and move north.

Unfortunately the October pattern for Hurricanes DOES NOT favor Florida.

So for now we wait and see what happens.

Thanks Spridell for the heads up! Is the time frame you are referring to around Oct 8-17? Just wanted to get a handle on the time frame you are referring to. The models are confusing to me as far as getting time and days out of them. :confused3

Thanks Spridell for the heads up! Is the time frame you are referring to around Oct 8-17? Just wanted to get a handle on the time frame you are referring to. The models are confusing to me as far as getting time and days out of them. :confused3

From about the 8th until the 15th I would say we have to watch the Caribbean to see if anything comes out of there.

Some models show something some don't. So it's a wait and see as of right now.

In October we switch to storms forming the Caribbean. The days of the storms coming off Africa and we can see them 10+ days out are over.

Unfortunately since Florida is so close to the Caribbean any storm forming there and reaching Florida could happen in a matter of 3 or 4 days.

For now nothing to worry about. Just have to monitor.

Also here is a handy tool so you can decipher what times are on the computer models. ALL times on the modes are in UTC.

For example in the picture I attached (and referring to the handy chart attached) 12Z Wed October 17 would be 7am EST. So that picture attached is showing conditions at 7am Wed October 17.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    139.3 KB · Views: 13
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    252.1 KB · Views: 12
Also here is a handy tool so you can decipher what times are on the computer models. ALL times on the modes are in UTC.

For example in the picture I attached (and referring to the handy chart attached) 12Z Wed October 17 would be 7am EST. So that picture attached is showing conditions at 7am Wed October 17.

Thank you so much!!! I am there 10/4-9 and feeling better!:thanks:

NHC now watching the area below Cuba in the Caribbean.

Whatever comes out of here should move North over the next 7 to 10 days

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    114 KB · Views: 19

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter