Husband Insists on Staying at RPR

momof2inPA

<font color=6600FF>DIS Veteran<br><font color=FF33
My husband has a business trip to Jacksonville in October. We want to do Disney a couple days, but husband insists on going back to RPR. Is this practical to spend the entire time at a Universal hotel and go to Disney half the time and USO/IOA half the time? The hotels are kind of expensive unless you are getting the front of the line for the days you are staying there, but my kids loved the pool.

Has anyone stayed at Universal for a Disney trip?

Of course! When I went to Disney and USO in December, we stayed at RP. There is always Mears Transportation for transfers to Disney (only like $12 I think) , or even a taxi (but are expensive in my view). I know USO offers a Movie Star Shuttle as well, which takes you back and forth too.
Keep checking rates for October. May be slightly more expensive than Disney, but think of the benefits: front of the line access, less people, and don't forget Halloween weekends in October either!

We just did it! We stayed at RPR for four nights beginning Monday, February 16th (Presidents' Day). Of course, we did the Universal Parks too, but we went to Downtown Disney on Tuesday afternoon for some shopping. Wednesday morning we were at the Magic Kingdom for early breakfast at the Crystal Palace and spent the day there. On Thursday morning we opened MGM Studios and went to EPCOT in the afternoon. We had no problem at all. Traffic was fine (and this was a busy week).

We love the Royal Pacific (our second stay there) and we had a great time. We did a lot in four days!!!

If you have any questions, I will try to answer.

Thanks for the encouragement! I guess that's what we'll do. My husband will not have many vacation days, so we will probably only be able to stay for 4 or 5 days. Maybe if I start watching for rates now, I will get a good one. We have a few park hopper days and a plus left from our past Disney trip. So I'll have to figure out what Universal ticket works best. I wish we would have just bought Universal APH's when we went in January.

I completely forgot about the Halloween nights in October. My kids will love that. They don't scare easily.

We stayed at HRH last October and did MNSSHP at Disney. The kids loved the HRH pool and didn't want to go in the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter