• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I-75 construction

Aaron_of_London

Earning My Ears
Has anyone driven I-75 lately?

CAA says its under construction pretty much from Detroit to Orlando. We were planning on taking it but are uncertain of the degree of construction.

If under construction means sections closed or down to one lane and backed up traffic it could mean the difference between taking 20 hours to get there and days to get there. This would pretty much ruin any Disney itinerary anyone had devised.

Any info would be appreciated.

I would try Dave Hunter's Along the I-75 website to see if anything is updated. I-75 is the major corridor north south, so traffic is never affected that greatly.

We just drove it down on Oct 8th and back again on October 25-26. There is construction on some parts of it but there were minimal slow downs. It certainly wasn't constuction from Detroit to Orlando. The biggest slow down of the trip that we had was the construction on the 401 at Cambridge coming home. On the I75 we were delayed in total probably 1/2 hour which is to be expected driving anywhere because of accidents etc.

Hope this helps.

We noticed only minimal slow downs for construction last month when we drove that way. It was 2100 km and about 22 hours from our home in Burlington to WDW.
The worst construction we had was around Jacksonville on the way back up I-95.

I was also concerned when we went last month. The CAA triptik looks like one big construction zone. There was construction but nothing really major. We were travelling on both weekdays going down and on the weekend coming back and had no troubles. Just try to avoid the big cities during rush hour.

From London that means--2 hrs to Detroit
6 hours to Cincinnatti
Lexington ia an hour and half after that
Knoxville about 10 1/2 hours from home.
Atlanta is about 14 hours.

That's pretty much the big cities. We have driven I-75 very often and it's a pretty easy drive.

We made very good time coming home on the weekends.

Have a safe trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter