I am becoming a Luddite. Thank you Live phone services!

vwlfan

DIS Veteran
All‘s well that ended well thanks to DVC member services. No thanks to online reservation system.

Got online at 8 AM sharp to book a four day’s stay for my daughter and her family. They wanted a two bedroom at either BC or BW. I knew it would be tough at 7 months out. No BC availability but BW had a lockoff. chose that.

my contract points available for 2020 came up and I was 44 points off which I knew. But the system would not let me borrow from 2021.

being semi literate in the mystery of borrowing I figured that I had no points available.

Luckily I had the wits to call MS at 9, thinking my mission was hopeless, firstly that I hadn’t the points, and secondly because the availability I’d found at 8 AM would be long gone by 9AM.

Happily I was wrong. Paris, the MS cast member saw that I did in fact have the points. And that a BW 2BR was available. She booked it for me without any problem.

the mystery as to why I couldn’t have done this online is moot but once again affirms the worthiness of a trained professional.

Grateful to her! BUT I hung up without taking the survey and feel badly that I could not praise this lady.

does anyone have the web link for Dvc surveys?

All‘s well that ended well thanks to DVC member services. No thanks to online reservation system.

Got online at 8 AM sharp to book a four day’s stay for my daughter and her family. They wanted a two bedroom at either BC or BW. I knew it would be tough at 7 months out. No BC availability but BW had a lockoff. chose that.

my contract points available for 2020 came up and I was 44 points off which I knew. But the system would not let me borrow from 2021.

being semi literate in the mystery of borrowing I figured that I had no points available.

Luckily I had the wits to call MS at 9, thinking my mission was hopeless, firstly that I hadn’t the points, and secondly because the availability I’d found at 8 AM would be long gone by 9AM.

Happily I was wrong. Paris, the MS cast member saw that I did in fact have the points. And that a BW 2BR was available. She booked it for me without any problem.

the mystery as to why I couldn’t have done this online is moot but once again affirms the worthiness of a trained professional.

Grateful to her! BUT I hung up without taking the survey and feel badly that I could not praise this lady.

I was trying at 8am this morning, too, for a 2BR standard view and, voila, I had it. Clicked to book and a 1BR P/G view room was listed as what I was booking. Dont know how it flipped to that. I had selected to see availability of a 1BR and 2BR at BWV and clicked on the 2BR when it showed as available. Was ticked. I went back and got a 1BR standard. I am walking to get to marathon weekend. Would like a 2BR for 2 nights but can do a 1BR for 4.

What 2BR did you get...P/G or standard?

I sometimes get the message you don’t have enough to book, and I know I do and I just hit proceed, Sure enough, points are there and I finish the booking process,

I know this isn’t exactly your situation but I agree sometimes the system acts silly,

I am so glad you got what you needed!

I have gotten an error message when I have had to borrow. I needed to borrow for my last day. So, I booked the reservation for one day less and then called to add the final day. I never had an issue before my last booking.

Send an email to:

Members@disneyvacationcub.com

Sending an email is better than taking the survey. With an email, you can be specific and emails seem to be given more weight than the generic surveys.

I was trying at 8am this morning, too, for a 2BR standard view and, voila, I had it. Clicked to book and a 1BR P/G view room was listed as what I was booking. Dont know how it flipped to that. I had selected to see availability of a 1BR and 2BR at BWV and clicked on the 2BR when it showed as available. Was ticked. I went back and got a 1BR standard. I am walking to get to marathon weekend. Would like a 2BR for 2 nights but can do a 1BR for 4.

What 2BR did you get...P/G or standard?

Lockoff

Interesting, I didn’t know the word Luddite had found its way across the pond. The Luddite movement started a mile from my house, and a new pub launched near me last year (in a 100 year old building) with the Luddite brewery in the back.

Interesting, I didn’t know the word Luddite had found its way across the pond. The Luddite movement started a mile from my house, and a new pub launched near me last year (in a 100 year old building) with the Luddite brewery in the back.

just seemed to be the right word to use!

just seemed to be the right word to use!
It’s the correct word to use, just didn’t realise it was used in USA. They were a movement in the industrial revolution that thought the machinery would take their jobs, so smashed it up and marched. Sorry to go off topic!

Love that you did! I’m an old history teacher and it just popped out of the crevices of an old brain.😀

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!