I am leaving on Wed.....Hope we can fly in to MCO

Hockeychic

Going for Dopey 2025
We are leaving Wed morning.......I hope Ivan has moved enough that we can fly in on Wed morning......I have been a mess this last week wondering what was going to happen.

Anyone else flying in on that day??? Have you heard if the airports are going to stay open???

Go away IVAN go away!!!!

As of tonight it looks like you will be OK.........maybe some wind and rain, but the track so far has it heading straight up the gulf and into the panhandle.......but that could change, I for one hope not, I have been a mess for a month, people are on edge, they aren't sleeping, it's been very stressful for us living here. But I think you will be fine..........but then again Ivan has a mind of his own!

Ivan is not expected to come anywhere near Orlando. I wouldn't worry about it in the least. I live here and after going through two of these storms I've been watching very closely. This one won't affect us....

Thanks for the info.

I can't imagine what all of you in Florida have been going through these last few weeks. Much more then any State should have to deal with. I hope this one just disappears into the Gulf.

Sending tons of Pixie Dust your way.

Kim

We too are scheduled to fly into MCO on friday (counter may be wrong) I decided to let SWA make the decision for us. Since it's Dh's birthday trip, he's all ok about it. I do hope that Central Florida doesn't have to weather another one -- Charlie and Frances were enough. I hope to be saying thank you to CM's for working and asking about their families.

We're flying into MCO on Wednesday (about 6pm). I think we should be okay, but I plan to check the flights on line and call inthe morning also, to be sure.

I feel so bad for the Floridians. I'm used to Nor'easters, and ice storms. Those are scary, but the hurricanes are horrifying! That wind!

I am flying out of MCO Wednesday at noon. I haven't heard anything about delays - and I don't think they will close since the projected path is now making landfall in Alabama.
I do have a feeling that flights might be a little delayed since they will avoid going over the panhandle and Gulf Coast. So depending where you're coming from or going to it might take a little longer than expected.

We are due to fly into MCO Weds around 11:30 am. For now, I think it looks like the airport should remain open - as long as Ivan stays to the West. He seems to be moving pretty slow right now, so I'm hoping we get there without any trouble. We'll be double-checking our flight info out of Cleveland before we head to the airport. We can't wait to start our vacation!! I thought for awhile that we might not get there on-time due to Ivan. It's looking good for now. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter