I am so furious!!!!!!

DisneyBaby2004

DIS Veteran
I am on the phone with a CM now and she is trying to tell me that I am being charged $10 fee to add dining. If this is true someone please tell me so I can get off the phone.

DisneyBaby2004 said:
I am on the phone with a CM now and she is trying to tell me that I am being charged $10 fee to add dining. If this is true someone please tell me so I can get off the phone.
I've never heard of this before. I'd call back and get a new CM :confused3 Good luck

It's only ten dollars but I have been on the phone with her for about 30min.
The thing is I told her from the beginning that it's only $10 I don't care let's just book it but I would like to know why. Then it ending up being the prinicpal of the matter.

It has been an ordeal. The price came up over $10 so this is how it went: First (because I know EXACTLY what everything is going to cost me) she says the kids price is $11.99 - we argue about how NO it is $10.99. I asked her when did it change she said it has been that way all year - you know this is when I began getting frustrated. She put mw on hold and said you are right 10.99 - DUH!

Second - I asked her so why the difference. She tells me that because I am paying a "package price" so this is the price and she can not tell me what the prices of the diff components are. What!!??? - she must repeated this like 10 times. I explain that I know the price of each component and that doesn't make sense.

Third - So, I asked her so why the difference. I said could it be tax. She says she can't tell me because of the price...compenents...blah..blah... - I stop her and said I need to know whether 37.99 is after tax or before tax or any tax at all. More blah... blah... and after demanding to know she puts me on hold and comes back and says no tax.

Fourth - So, I asked her so why the difference. She then says because I made a change there is a ten dollar fee. I educated her on the $50fee and $100 fee but no where in all my many small printed documents was a $10 fee. Explained I do not want anything quoted to me I want to see it in writing.

So.....Many more words exchanged and after being on hold for another 10 minutes. (I guess she was hoping I would hang up) She comes back and says they will reverse the charge and tells me to consider this my warning (they will also put it on my reservation) about the $10. I interrupted her (yes-rude I know) confirmed that she said she was giving me my $10 and hung up the phone.

She said this was your WARNING???? What the heck? That is crazy

I'm wondering if we were charged this also.

We're booked through a TA. We originally had a room only for our last light & decided to go ahead & make it part of the package.

The total was about $12 more than I thought.

When I questioned the TA, she said maybe taxes. I said there shouldn't be any tax, but haven't had a reply from her.

DisneyBaby2004 said:
It's only ten dollars but I have been on the phone with her for about 30min.
The thing is I told her from the beginning that it's only $10 I don't care let's just book it but I would like to know why. Then it ending up being the prinicpal of the matter.

It has been an ordeal. The price came up over $10 so this is how it went: First (because I know EXACTLY what everything is going to cost me) she says the kids price is $11.99 - we argue about how NO it is $10.99. I asked her when did it change she said it has been that way all year - you know this is when I began getting frustrated. She put mw on hold and said you are right 10.99 - DUH!

Second - I asked her so why the difference. She tells me that because I am paying a "package price" so this is the price and she can not tell me what the prices of the diff components are. What!!??? - she must repeated this like 10 times. I explain that I know the price of each component and that doesn't make sense.

Third - So, I asked her so why the difference. I said could it be tax. She says she can't tell me because of the price...compenents...blah..blah... - I stop her and said I need to know whether 37.99 is after tax or before tax or any tax at all. More blah... blah... and after demanding to know she puts me on hold and comes back and says no tax.

Fourth - So, I asked her so why the difference. She then says because I made a change there is a ten dollar fee. I educated her on the $50fee and $100 fee but no where in all my many small printed documents was a $10 fee. Explained I do not want anything quoted to me I want to see it in writing.

So.....Many more words exchanged and after being on hold for another 10 minutes. (I guess she was hoping I would hang up) She comes back and says they will reverse the charge and tells me to consider this my warning (they will also put it on my reservation) about the $10. I interrupted her (yes-rude I know) confirmed that she said she was giving me my $10 and hung up the phone.

I'm just going to add my .02 from experience here. First, the CM cannot give you individual pricing components. Their system does not breakdown pricing on packages by component (so if you wanted to know the room cost and tickets and dining, etc. they cannot do it.)
Second, packages do not always come out to the penny the same way a room + cost of tickets + cost of dining is because they are done as a whole component. The rate should be *about* the same, but not necessarily to the penny.

Now, here is my take on what happened with you...it sounds like you had a package, and were inside of 45 days and added dining. If that is the case, and if you had already been issued your documents (generally 3-4 weeks prior to arrival), Disney charges at $10 "documentation" fee to issue new documents. This is a separate fee from the $50 change fee (which is generally waived when you increase the cost of the package.)
The documentation fee is VERY RARELY waived as they are having to print and mail you a new set of documents. That is likely the $10 difference (if it was only $10 and if she was able to get guest services to waive the fee.)

Sue Ellen

Just wanted to explain a few things....My first post asked about the fee - and if there was one so I could accept it and discont. the call. As her explanations for the $10 keep changing as did my frustration.

SueEllen said:
I'm just going to add my .02 from experience here. First, the CM cannot give you individual pricing components. Their system does not breakdown pricing on packages by component (so if you wanted to know the room cost and tickets and dining, etc. they cannot do it.) I did not need to know the prices of the compenents - I already did. I wanted to know if there was tax added. That had nothing to do with her component speech.

Second, packages do not always come out to the penny the same way a room + cost of tickets + cost of dining is because they are done as a whole component. The rate should be *about* the same, but not necessarily to the penny. And why do you think that is??? I really don't get that - nor do I really care. Just don't make things up.

Now, here is my take on what happened with you...it sounds like you had a package, and were inside of 45 days and added dining. If that is the case, and if you had already been issued your documents (generally 3-4 weeks prior to arrival), Disney charges at $10 "documentation" fee to issue new documents. This is a separate fee from the $50 change fee (which is generally waived when you increase the cost of the package.)
The documentation fee is VERY RARELY waived as they are having to print and mail you a new set of documents. That is likely the $10 difference (if it was only $10 and if she was able to get guest services to waive the fee.)
You are 100% correct. But where does it state this. As I said I don't mind paying $1 or $100 add. but you cannot just tell me about this mystery fee and not provide written info about this. That is just me - anyone else can pay and "accept" what someone tells them.
Sue Ellen

But thanks for letting me see another side of this situation. We leave on Friday.

This isn't directed at the OP, but really is just an observation about dealing with Disney's CRO, in general:

In most companies, telephone sales people are not expected to know all the ins and outs of how companies arrive at their pricing, and are often prohibited by their employers from revealing details of that pricing which are not for public release. Most companies won't reveal the internals of their pricing models to customers. They make offers, and customers have the option to either accept or reject.

In the case of WDW, all the CMs can do is tell you what it says on their screen. I've found that there isn't much to be gained from spending a lot of time trying to get them to provide more information than they're able to or allowed to. I find that that tends to just frustrate both the CM and me, and yields no constructive result. My golden rule is that if I don't like what a company is offering me, I don't buy it. If I've already bought it and want to make a change, then I choose between what I had originally, what they're offering me now, and canceling the whole thing, if that is still an option.

Have a great time on your trip!

I think we also got "charged" for the additional $10 when we upgraded our package to add the dining plan, I just didn't know about it.

We added the dining plan inside the 45 day-period and that's probably why we got charged. By the way, we are leaving this Saturday (SOOO EXCITED!).

One thing though, if you haven't made your ADR's, you'd better make them RIGHT NOW. We did our ADR's about a month ago, and many restaurants were already booked full.

Goodl uck.

buzzman88 said:
One thing though, if you haven't made your ADR's, you'd better make them RIGHT NOW. We did our ADR's about a month ago, and many restaurants were already booked full.

I know I am soooo excited too. My DS3 and DD6 does not know we are going. They think we have to leave the house early for carpet cleaners. :cool1: Let me tell you I started making my ADR's in March. Before I was really sure if I was going to add dining. I got all the times/rest. that I wanted but since then I have not been able to change anything. It should be great fun!!! Hope you enjoy your visit as well.

Just curious about this $10 fee. I haven't added dinning yet, I'm waiting for my Disney Visa rewards card. Anyway, why would my documents need to be re-issued if all I am doing is adding dinning. There should not be any additional documents. They would just add dinning to my ressie and I get my keys to the kingdom when I get there. What am I missing?

I had a similar experience with a mystery charge, two different times. When I booked my package, I booked room & tickets, no dining, NO insurance. I recieved my confirmation and it was all correct. I had booked the ASMu suite. Then, free dining came out. I called and added on the free dining (same dates). It didn't work for a while, then she figured out it doesn't apply to suites. So, okay, give me two rooms. The price (I was adding while on the phone) just didn't seem right, but she kind of shrugged it off. When I got off the phone, it was still over $150 over. So I called back. After 25 minutes on the phone, figured out that they added the insurance back on without asking me. It took another 15 minutes to delete that. Then it was still over $100 off. Even though the two separate rooms were less than the suite, it was coming out more! It was very frustrating, but I just finally gave up because I got the same "components" speech you did.

Of course, then I went and upgraded to the Polynesian, Disney definitely got my money anyway, but that is a whole new thread!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter