I believe that Universal will be getting my future Disney business

Well, I'm not sure where I should post this, but I was looking for some general UO info and this thread seemed at least semi pertinent.
Our family has done quite a few Disney vacations, typically staying onsite and entirely in the Disney bubble. But, with all going on this year we thought this might be the time to expand our horizons. I'm tentatively thinking of a trip over Christmas, maybe ten nights or so and possibly staying at the Swan/Dolphin via a Costco travel discount.
I'd love to try a few days at UO, but I have no idea where to start. I think there are three parks? But I'm not even certain of that. So, if anyone has a suggestion or even a link to a UO for beginners I'd appreciate it. I think I'd also love to squeeze in a trip out to Kennedy Space Center, but that's another topic :)

Well, I'm not sure where I should post this, but I was looking for some general UO info and this thread seemed at least semi pertinent.
Our family has done quite a few Disney vacations, typically staying onsite and entirely in the Disney bubble. But, with all going on this year we thought this might be the time to expand our horizons. I'm tentatively thinking of a trip over Christmas, maybe ten nights or so and possibly staying at the Swan/Dolphin via a Costco travel discount.
I'd love to try a few days at UO, but I have no idea where to start. I think there are three parks? But I'm not even certain of that. So, if anyone has a suggestion or even a link to a UO for beginners I'd appreciate it. I think I'd also love to squeeze in a trip out to Kennedy Space Center, but that's another topic :)
I personally have a thing for the Unofficial Guides by the folks that also run the TouringPlans.com website. They are relative quick reads and give me pretty much all the info I need about the parks, rides, shopping, lodging, transportation, and restaurants throughout the properties and surrounds. I just read the Unofficial Guide to Universal Orlando 2020 by Seth Kubersky, and although the book was written/printed prior to Covid, updates specific to the Covid related changes at UO are on the website.

Orlando informer is also a good website.

I think OI is a good read for someone new to UO.

The park sticky’s also worth reading.

I used to support both until Disney’s massive AP price increase last year. Sadly, that priced me out which is a shame because I do enjoy the Epcot festivals.
Yeah - I really do enjoy Epcot, even if it is a shadow of it's former self, but the cost to go for a day is ridiculous - even more so now that you cant park hop.
The last straw was when Germany started selling the same beer they sell all year in a smaller cup for the same price during F&W - just a money grab. I wont even go into the standardization of food across the parks - but there was a time the restaurants had daily specials like real restaurants and all the ingredients did not come from the Disney central Kitchen.
In the past I would get a two day hopper and shuttle bus from Universal, but the last three years I have not bothered.

I like the low key less planning of Universal, but for me, Universal needs some work. Harry Potter World is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G, but beyond that the rest is okay. We like the Hulk, Hollywood Rip Ride, Men in Black, Mummy, and Minion ride (just 'cause I'm a sucker for the Minions) -- but, I'm not a big fan of the 3D movie screen type thrill rides and that's the way that Universal has gone with all their new rides.

I haven't been to Volcano Bay yet. It looks cool.

The 3 d was removed last year from the minions ride
For me, it’s not as much fun for me.

those that could not do it as a
3 d ride, had no issues doing it when it was changed

I like the low key less planning of Universal, but for me, Universal needs some work. Harry Potter World is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G, but beyond that the rest is okay. We like the Hulk, Hollywood Rip Ride, Men in Black, Mummy, and Minion ride (just 'cause I'm a sucker for the Minions) -- but, I'm not a big fan of the 3D movie screen type thrill rides and that's the way that Universal has gone with all their new rides.

I haven't been to Volcano Bay yet. It looks cool.
This is a very common complaint and a fair criticism - I still cant believe they wasted all that space to create a fast and the furious screen ride. They could have done something cool with that space and IP.
Also once you have done these screen rides a couple times it looses its appeal. I rarely ride Spider man or Transformers any more. Shrek I have not done in years. Fallen I did once. Fast in the furious twice - just to verify it was really that bad. Kong is Ok but I'm not going to wait for it I think part of the issue is they spent all the money on HP - which was obviously the right choice. I assume the screen rides are cheap and can be easily re-themed.

Just fyi, there are 2 theme parks and one waterpark at Universal as well as an entertainment district called CityWalk. I suggesrt the Universal app.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!