"I brushed my teeth, and I don't have cooties." An August DFTW and Disneymoon TR

The pictures with the "life size mice" are amazing! I can't even believe you had to do more pictures without them...ugh.

Sad you didn't get to fully enjoy your cake before it turned into soup!!

Love the signal N may (or may not!) have shared with Mickey :) That makes a great story. I vote you go with it! :)

Hi there! I have loved reading your report until this point and can't wait to read more! Your wedding was so gorgeous (had I known Disney weddings didn't have to cost a million dollars when I got married, it would have been a no-brainer!). I adored your makeup, but I totally know what you mean about not feeling like yourself. Your pictures at the Canada pavilion, with the sunlight coming through, are absolutely stunning. Thanks for taking the time to share!

Your rings are gorgeous, your dress is gorgeous, your whole wedding is gorgeous!! Congratulations! What an amazing memory! :love:

Ahh such cute pics with Mickey & Minnie!!

I'm sorry everything felt sorta rushed and that you had to take MORE pictures without the mice due to family requests. All the pics came out so lovely though.

Overall it sounds like you are happy with your decisions and how everything went! Of course there was bound to be some hiccups, but I'm glad you can look back on everything and be satisfied.

The photo mat came out so cute! We did that one year, it definitely is a pain to carry around but looks like it was worth it!

I'm not surprised that people wanted more pictures without Mickey and Minnie. Everyone seems to need to get every possible combination of people in every photograph at weddings. But I hadn't really even thought about it at the time, so it was a pain to have all the pictures be done and move on to something else, just to get us all set up for more pictures again!

Yeah, I'm sure every big day has a few hiccups, but it all came together pretty great!

I love having the photo mat! It makes such a neat souvenir!

The pictures with the "life size mice" are amazing! I can't even believe you had to do more pictures without them...ugh.

Sad you didn't get to fully enjoy your cake before it turned into soup!!

Thanks! I'm not surprised that Nathan's family wanted more pictures since they weren't Disney fans. But when I tried to make their case with Nathan the other day, I was like, "I get it. They weren't traditional wedding pictures." And he was like, "Yeah, because it wasn't a traditional wedding!" :) Oh well.

Love the signal N may (or may not!) have shared with Mickey :) That makes a great story. I vote you go with it! :)

I know, the cake issue was so sad! I'm already looking forward to getting back to Erin McKenna's this month so I can make it right, but of course the cupcakes won't be quite the same without all the fancy wedding decor.

I choose the believe it was a true story! Stranger things have happened. :)

Hi there! I have loved reading your report until this point and can't wait to read more! Your wedding was so gorgeous (had I known Disney weddings didn't have to cost a million dollars when I got married, it would have been a no-brainer!). I adored your makeup, but I totally know what you mean about not feeling like yourself. Your pictures at the Canada pavilion, with the sunlight coming through, are absolutely stunning. Thanks for taking the time to share!

Thank you so much!! Yeah, a Disney wedding can be incredibly expensive if you want it to be, but they also have middle-of-the-road options for starving students like myself and Nathan. :) i loved the Canada pavilion in the morning! When the sunlight started to shine through it felt so magical! ...and then it felt hot! lol

Your rings are gorgeous, your dress is gorgeous, your whole wedding is gorgeous!! Congratulations! What an amazing memory! :love:

Thank you so much! It's really one for the books, for sure. So special!

Thank you!! I loved our rings. We picked them out together. Nathan typically likes more of your black/tungsten kinda rings, but we didn't like that they can't be resized or cut off, etc.
Zack was really torn on the pros and cons of the different metals available, until he found the one he ended up with. This reminds me, I never finished our ring drama story in my PJ! I'll have to put it in the TR.
This is so cute!! I'm glad your photographers went with it—it probably meant a lot to him to have those pictures! My grandmother is pretty photo-happy. But she's always taking pictures with her digital camera that are out of focus and she can never figure out why. :laughing: Or she'll think she's taking a picture and then not understand why it didn't work because the camera was making a sound as it focused, but it never actually took the picture.
:laughing: My grandma bought disposable cameras up until she passed away a few years ago, basically for the same reasons as your grandma. I think he ended up with some good photos for sure thanks to the photographers :) I also made him a book from Walgreens that I just picked up last night, now I need to mail it down to Arizona for him.
100% agreed. For some people that's the dream, and if that's the case and you can afford it then I'm certainly not going to be one to judge. We spent money on things that other people wouldn't understand or want, too, I guess. Everyone is different. But I couldn't possibly justify it. It's very pretty, but it's impractical (you need separate transportation to the venue and then the carriage just takes you around a loop once you get there) and it's over in a flash.
I was so surprised when I heard from other people that it was just for show really. It wouldn't have made our list unfortunately but for those who want it and are good with the price - good for them!
Oh no!! That sounds so frustrating and scary! I'll be tuning in for this story.
As a spoiler, it all worked out. But it was a big pain and there's things to it that I think were just unique to our situation, but it kind of turned me off trying to do an event through them again.

I love the pictures with Mickey and Minnie they are so awesome, so cute! What a great memory of your wedding day.

I thought your dress, hair, and makeup were all lovely!

Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful and fun wedding day! I loved reading about it and your photos from the day are just so wonderful. Congratulations!!

This reminds me, I never finished our ring drama story in my PJ! I'll have to put it in the TR.

Interested to hear how this all went down...

I also made him a book from Walgreens that I just picked up last night, now I need to mail it down to Arizona for him.

Ooh how nice! My grandmother just got a coupon from her timeshare place for a free photobook up to a certain price from a website, so I just put that together online for her with wedding photos. It should be in within the next week or two. :)

I love the pictures with Mickey and Minnie they are so awesome, so cute! What a great memory of your wedding day.

I thought your dress, hair, and makeup were all lovely!

Thanks, Caroline! Mickey and Minnie's visit was really one of the highlights of the day for sure, and the whole trip for that matter.

Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful and fun wedding day! I loved reading about it and your photos from the day are just so wonderful. Congratulations!!

Thanks so much! It was a pretty special experience for us both and for our families. :)

Girl I just powered through your TR so far. This is awesome! And I don't always comment but I had to in this case because our first song was also "Promise." I'm still not sure how I got my husband to agree to that. He's so lukewarm on Disney. But I guess it was subtle enough. Isn't it a gorgeous song?

Hope married life is treating you well and that we are fortunate enough to run into each other at the world sometime.

Girl I just powered through your TR so far. This is awesome! And I don't always comment but I had to in this case because our first song was also "Promise." I'm still not sure how I got my husband to agree to that. He's so lukewarm on Disney. But I guess it was subtle enough. Isn't it a gorgeous song?

Hope married life is treating you well and that we are fortunate enough to run into each other at the world sometime.

Thanks so much for reading!! It's such a beautiful song! Glad you got his okay on it, because it fits so perfectly for weddings. It would be wonderful to run into you someday if our WDW visits ever cross paths :)

Thanks so much for reading!! It's such a beautiful song! Glad you got his okay on it, because it fits so perfectly for weddings. It would be wonderful to run into you someday if our WDW visits ever cross paths :)

Absolutely! I'm a local, so I can usually sneak down there any time.

Sounds like your wedding day was a beautiful day! The readings you had were really pretty and the pictures turned out great. So cute that you had Mickey and Minnie there!

Sorry you didn't get to eat much of your wedding cake. DH and I didn't get to eat much of anything at our wedding reception, we had picked out some great things for the buffet, too. We did get to eat some of the cake, though. My aunt thought enough to save us a couple slices that we took with us to the hotel later that night. We ended up eating it in the Atlanta Airport on our layover, LOL.

Sounds like your wedding day was a beautiful day! The readings you had were really pretty and the pictures turned out great. So cute that you had Mickey and Minnie there!

Sorry you didn't get to eat much of your wedding cake. DH and I didn't get to eat much of anything at our wedding reception, we had picked out some great things for the buffet, too. We did get to eat some of the cake, though. My aunt thought enough to save us a couple slices that we took with us to the hotel later that night. We ended up eating it in the Atlanta Airport on our layover, LOL.

It really was beautiful and special! It went by in a blur, but there are enough memories and photos to make it last. :)

It seems like not eating is a pretty common phenomenon for brides/grooms. Too bad because the cake was delish! I love that you ate your wedding cake in the airport! :laughing:

:wave2:

I'm way late here, but like you said, we frequent the same trip reports and I look forward to reading this one.

Congrats on your wedding!!!

:love:

And :welcome: to the new cat in your life. She is beautiful. OMG what an awesome name! I bet there aren't many cats who share it.

:cat:

Be back soon to read all about it.

Photo mat: we brought this to get signed through the trip, and it was a huge pain to lug around. I kept it in a giant ziplock to keep it from getting rained on, and as much as I tried to keep it in good shape, the corners had started bending by the end of the trip. I still think it's worth it though, because it hangs on our wall now and I love it.

We did this for the kids one year. I love it, and yours looks absolutely fantastic, but I agree a big pain to lug around. However now that it's done and over with, so worth it like you said!

I like how you summed up your feelings on each part of the wedding :) I agree you will hold those memories forever, it's a GREAT wedding story to tell your family in the future, and it's something that so few people can do whether it be due to time, money, geography, etc. that it IS truly magical that you did it!

Now I can only imagine how you felt riding back to the resort when it was done :crazy2: Elated, excited, content, hopeful-exhausted, dehydrated, hot, drained lol. But I'm sure a nap took care of that!

I’M IN!!

Oooh! DISNEY WEDDING!! UGH #GOALS

Canadian?! Hello from a fellow Canadian here!!

Ok, this may be super long, I’m going to take notes as I go & I’m pretty far behind currently lol!

Ok…more similarities here…I work part time at a dinner theatre and part time with a princess company….bahahah

YAAASSS DAK LOVE!!!! and same, I’d chose MK if i could only choose one but DAK does NOT get enough love!!

IN love with the wedding dress!!!

UGH I HATE CUSTOMS SO MUCH. Like, I fully understand why it’s a thing and I thank them for keeping stuff safe, honestly, I have no problems crossing into the States, even when I was going down to work for Disney & the guy had no idea which visa I was on, they let me through. BUT COMING BACK TO CALGARY IS THE WORST, they pull me over so many freaking times its insane! Vancouver was fine, they never asked questions about auditions or anything cause they’re so used to it but UGH I FEEL YA

omigosh i didn’t realize there was a citrus superhero!?!? whatttt>?!?!

AWWE! So happy that the CM was able to make your day so much better already!! BLESS YOU for filling our a compliment card!! It REALLY does mean a lot to CM’s for doing it, especialy when they’re just fulfilling magic like they believe they should be, and it’s unexpected (if that makes sense)

UGH obnoxious firework/parade people are the worst. I will forever miss Tokyo because of this! I was super NOPE to a new fireworks show, well..maybe not super, but I was a little salty about Wishes leaving, but knowing the song was coming from Hong Kong, and hearing parts of it prior to seeing it in person, I was okay with it. I ended up really liking it, and near the end when the narrator says something along the lines of “go, find your dream & live your happily ever after” I FREAKING LOST IT! Like, I’d been in such an ick place that year, and that was like, the motivation I needed to remember why I was doing what I was doing, and why I put so much work into it and like, cried like a baby lol.

Okay, i’m going to call it there, I’ve got to work, but I will be back tonight for more lol!

I read through your road trip adventures.

That is funny about getting cross-examined crossing the border. Glad they let you pass and did not unpack your car!

What I'm really interested in is where Nathan was working and where your meeting spot was- I live north of Boston, very close to the NH border. I suspect you traveled through my neck of the woods.

Sorry to hear you encountered so many crazy, dangerous drivers. YIKES!

Love your pictures at the Welcome to Florida stop.

Glad you arrived safely.

:goodvibes

That is fantastic that you hit it off with bellman John and were able to bond about his visit to your home turf.

How nice that you got a "free" night at the Grand. I have never had the occasion to step foot in that resort.

Don't you love just being able to say "Yeah, we can pop into the Magic Kingdom for a couple of hours if we want"

Hooray for rides on Mine Train and Splash. LOL on N leaving you hanging on the ride photo- that is nice of you to defend him.

So annoying to have the rude family barge into your space and then be obnoxious about it. I sympathize with your height issues and had a similar problem watching HAE . My friends and I found decent spots way back on Main Street (we had to move back because people near the front had umbrellas up). Right before the show started, the two tallest people I have ever seen decided to stand right in front of 5-foot-me. They didn't even look back to see if they were blocking the view of a child, or anyone.

At least you got to see the show since it turned out to be your only chance.

::yes::

So I am a terrible wedding guest, showing up here late as can be! Please forgive my tardiness :laughing:

I am totally joining in and I have to say, I am blown away by your wedding photos! They are absolutely stunning! I'll have to go back and look for the strand of hair that you weren't happy with, but trust me, NOBODY will notice anything but how beautiful you look!

I love that Mickey and Minnie showed up at your wedding :love: We got married on the Disney Magic, but we, sadly, didn't have any characters show up. I think those pics are really fun and just so perfect for your wedding! And the Canadian Pavilion…wow! Just the perfect setting.

I'm looking forward to reading about the rest of your trip and upcoming trips!

Sheesh! I keep getting so far behind. Well, I'm all caught up again and I have to say BEAUTIFUL! Beautiful pictures, beautiful ceremony, and beautiful bride! I'm so happy for you that it went so smoothly. I like the way you summarized the whole wedding experience. It makes me want to plan a renewing of our vows ceremony at Disney. But dear ole hubby would say No. So moving on... I hate that you only got a little bit of your cake. Our wedding cake story is what Clint would call a horror story. Let's just say he didn't get more than a bite of his groom's cake either. So so sad and he still hasn't let it go even after 8 years.

Hooray for your February trip. We've been back less than a week ourselves and I can't wait for our May trip.

Looking forward to more updates!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter