"I brushed my teeth, and I don't have cooties." An August DFTW and Disneymoon TR

Surf City:

The Beach Club Resort!
wqMIB5s.jpg

OOOOO!!!!

You're at MY place! I have managed the Beach & Yacht Club FAQ thread for the last 7 years, so if you ever decide to stay there and have any questions, let me know!

The Cape May Breakfast is fun- like you, I love the beach attire worn by the characters. We haven't done this breakfast since 2008 with our boys, Chip and Dale were at the breakfast then!

That stroll to the International Gateway entrance is awesome! Love being able to get to EPCOT so quickly.

How frustrating that N's family were not listening to your advice or following directions. Hope the rest of your morning/afternoon goes smoothly.

Great perks for promising to do the DVC tour!

:thumbsup2

"Are they about to tell us we came from monkeys?"
Disney Day 2 - Part 2

Glad everyone enjoyed Soarin'- a great start for the Disney newbies. Actually, EPCOT is a great park to introduce a group of adults for the first time.

LOL about Club Cool- that's amazing that N. and his dad were able to get everyone.

Even with the late start, sounds like they were able to get to experience some great attractions.

Yikes on the lunch-time drama.

I see that others have popped in to help you with the Friendship boats. What a bummer that you ended up taking more time and as much (or more) walking than if you had just walked. The boats are not my favorite.

Interesting spa appointment. The color is gorgeous, but really, the mouse head should be a no brainer for a manicure at the Dolphin. And who needs to hear about marriage issues the day before their blessed event?

:sad2:

I love your memorable stories from the night before your wedding.

Glad nobody was put off by your aunt's harmless repetition of stories.

Kudos for Nathan for saving the (wedding) day by managing to procure a balloon for your pictures.

You work well as a team- him getting your phone, you ordering for him, you helping with the IDs and of course, the balloon.

We did this for the kids one year. I love it, and yours looks absolutely fantastic, but I agree a big pain to lug around. However now that it's done and over with, so worth it like you said!

It was definitely a one-and-done for us, but totally worth it—I love seeing it up on the wall. :lovestruc

I like how you summed up your feelings on each part of the wedding :) I agree you will hold those memories forever, it's a GREAT wedding story to tell your family in the future, and it's something that so few people can do whether it be due to time, money, geography, etc. that it IS truly magical that you did it!

I agree, it's something so unique! If we ever have kids, I know I'll love showing them where their parents got married, and telling them all about the trip we took. :)

Now I can only imagine how you felt riding back to the resort when it was done :crazy2: Elated, excited, content, hopeful-exhausted, dehydrated, hot, drained lol. But I'm sure a nap took care of that!

Oh my gosh, it was wild. The emotions! I'm sure everyone who gets married goes through this in some way or another when it's "done," but our situation was just amplified by the early morning, what it took to get there, getting married in the happiest place on earth, etc., etc...

I’M IN!!

Oooh! DISNEY WEDDING!! UGH #GOALS

Yay! :welcome:

Canadian?! Hello from a fellow Canadian here!!

:wave2: Always good to "meet" another Canadian on the boards! What part of Canada are you from?

Ok…more similarities here…I work part time at a dinner theatre and part time with a princess company….bahahah

No way! Small world...

eU8rD9c.gif

IN love with the wedding dress!!!

Thank you!!! It was pretty dreamy :)

UGH I HATE CUSTOMS SO MUCH. Like, I fully understand why it’s a thing and I thank them for keeping stuff safe, honestly, I have no problems crossing into the States, even when I was going down to work for Disney & the guy had no idea which visa I was on, they let me through. BUT COMING BACK TO CALGARY IS THE WORST, they pull me over so many freaking times its insane! Vancouver was fine, they never asked questions about auditions or anything cause they’re so used to it but UGH I FEEL YA

RIGHT?! I absolutely appreciate and respect what they do there, and I totally know why it's important. But as someone who's literally the most innocent-yet-awkward person I know, it's so stressful!

Also, I assume this means you're from where we Maritimers call "Out West" then! So you can ignore my question about where you're from.

AWWE! So happy that the CM was able to make your day so much better already!! BLESS YOU for filling our a compliment card!! It REALLY does mean a lot to CM’s for doing it, especialy when they’re just fulfilling magic like they believe they should be, and it’s unexpected (if that makes sense)

John from NY is a really special guy! He just embodied everything I associate with the Disney experience/company. Most CMs really seem to try to go above and beyond, in my experience.

What kind of a role did you have at Disney? Which park? If you can say.

I was super NOPE to a new fireworks show, well..maybe not super, but I was a little salty about Wishes leaving, but knowing the song was coming from Hong Kong, and hearing parts of it prior to seeing it in person, I was okay with it. I ended up really liking it, and near the end when the narrator says something along the lines of “go, find your dream & live your happily ever after” I FREAKING LOST IT! Like, I’d been in such an ick place that year, and that was like, the motivation I needed to remember why I was doing what I was doing, and why I put so much work into it and like, cried like a baby lol.

Aww man! Heart-wrenching! I'm becoming more and more on board with HEA, but I had some pretty strong ties to Wishes...it'll never be a proper replacement for me, I don't think. But I may have room in my heart to love again... ::yes::

So I am a terrible wedding guest, showing up here late as can be! Please forgive my tardiness :laughing:

:laughing: Ok, you're excused!

I am totally joining in and I have to say, I am blown away by your wedding photos! They are absolutely stunning! I'll have to go back and look for the strand of hair that you weren't happy with, but trust me, NOBODY will notice anything but how beautiful you look!

Thank you so much! I do still get a little misty looking at them once in a while ::yes::

I love that Mickey and Minnie showed up at your wedding :love: We got married on the Disney Magic, but we, sadly, didn't have any characters show up. I think those pics are really fun and just so perfect for your wedding! And the Canadian Pavilion…wow! Just the perfect setting.

Mickey and Minnie really added something so special to the day! :lovestruc I think a wedding on the Magic would be beautiful! Nathan would have loved that...I don't dare ever cruise. I get sick on anything that moves. But yes, the Canada Pavilion is gorgeous! I'm surprised more people don't book it, even with the early morning ceremony time.

Sheesh! I keep getting so far behind. Well, I'm all caught up again and I have to say BEAUTIFUL! Beautiful pictures, beautiful ceremony, and beautiful bride! I'm so happy for you that it went so smoothly. I like the way you summarized the whole wedding experience. It makes me want to plan a renewing of our vows ceremony at Disney. But dear ole hubby would say No. So moving on... I hate that you only got a little bit of your cake. Our wedding cake story is what Clint would call a horror story. Let's just say he didn't get more than a bite of his groom's cake either. So so sad and he still hasn't let it go even after 8 years.

Haha maybe you'll find a way to convince the hubby on a vow renewal someday! :) The cake though...so tasty...for about three bites. I was determined not to be one of those brides who doesn't get to eat their cake, but it wasn't meant to be. I'll be filling up on Erin McKenna's on this next trip to make up for it! ...for that matter, I kind of spent the rest of the honeymoon trip filling up on Erin McKenna's, if I'm being honest. :laughing:

Hooray for your February trip. We've been back less than a week ourselves and I can't wait for our May trip.

Wooh! We're getting so excited! :hyper: We've got a "family trip" and then a "couple's trip" all to look forward to in the next few months. I hope you had an awesome trip! And you must be glad to already have another one on the horizon to be excited for! (It's always easier to come home when you know when you'll be back again. ::yes::)

:wave2:

I'm way late here, but like you said, we frequent the same trip reports and I look forward to reading this one.

:welcome:Thanks so much for joining in!!

Congrats on your wedding!!!

:love:

Thank you! :hug:

And :welcome: to the new cat in your life. She is beautiful. OMG what an awesome name! I bet there aren't many cats who share it.

She's a beauty, alright! She's settled in nicely, and we're learning about her quirks. I was always more of a dog person, and so's Nathan. But now that we have Stacey, I'm quickly turning into much more of a cat person! :cat::lovestruc

That is funny about getting cross-examined crossing the border. Glad they let you pass and did not unpack your car!

It was wild! I always have the worst luck saying just the wrong things at the border, even though I obviously never have any reason to be in trouble there. It could have been much worse though!

What I'm really interested in is where Nathan was working and where your meeting spot was- I live north of Boston, very close to the NH border. I suspect you traveled through my neck of the woods.

Oh no way! You're right, we probably passed near by then! We stopped just off the 95 not too far past the NH/MA border. Nathan's working near Boston at an event this weekend as well, but the exact name/location escapes me at the moment. Small world! :-)

That is fantastic that you hit it off with bellman John and were able to bond about his visit to your home turf.

It was such a great cast member experience! He told us all about some of the places he'd been, and they're places we visit all the time. His brother actually even lived in a small area outside of Halifax, which most non-locals would never have heard of, but where I work singing at a diner. We were probably within 5 minutes of each other at one point or another. Again, small world!

How nice that you got a "free" night at the Grand. I have never had the occasion to step foot in that resort.

It was wonderful! And even better that it was free!

Don't you love just being able to say "Yeah, we can pop into the Magic Kingdom for a couple of hours if we want"

Yes, this is the best feeling!

I sympathize with your height issues and had a similar problem watching HAE . My friends and I found decent spots way back on Main Street (we had to move back because people near the front had umbrellas up). Right before the show started, the two tallest people I have ever seen decided to stand right in front of 5-foot-me. They didn't even look back to see if they were blocking the view of a child, or anyone.

It really is a challenge! And people can be so rude. I'm sorry you had a similar frustrating experience! Hopefully next time will be better for both of us.

You're at MY place! I have managed the Beach & Yacht Club FAQ thread for the last 7 years, so if you ever decide to stay there and have any questions, let me know!

Yes, I remember seeing you had a connection to BC! It was awesome! I'd like to go back someday and stay here, so I'll keep that in mind, thanks!

That stroll to the International Gateway entrance is awesome! Love being able to get to EPCOT so quickly.

It's amazing! The walking paths to the parks were something I loved when we stayed on site at Universal, so this was a really cool thing for me. It's definitely a big reason I'd consider an Epcot resort in future.

Glad everyone enjoyed Soarin'- a great start for the Disney newbies. Actually, EPCOT is a great park to introduce a group of adults for the first time.

That's kind of what we thought about Epcot, too! It ended up being a good fit for them. They're talking about bringing Nathan's nephews at some point in the next couple of years, so then they'll have a good excuse to branch out and see the other parks.

I see that others have popped in to help you with the Friendship boats. What a bummer that you ended up taking more time and as much (or more) walking than if you had just walked. The boats are not my favorite.

Yes, I've got a handle on them now! Maybe I'll have to give them a shot again sometime! I'm not much of a boat person.

Interesting spa appointment. The color is gorgeous, but really, the mouse head should be a no brainer for a manicure at the Dolphin. And who needs to hear about marriage issues the day before their blessed event?

"Interesting" was a good word for it! But it got the job done :)

Kudos for Nathan for saving the (wedding) day by managing to procure a balloon for your pictures.

He really was a hero that night! ::yes::

Oh no way! You're right, we probably passed near by then! We stopped just off the 95 not too far past the NH/MA border. Nathan's working near Boston at an event this weekend as well, but the exact name/location escapes me at the moment. Small world! :-)

OK, I'm going to PM you and find out more about where Nathan is working and where you met up for your drive down. I have a few guesses...

:car:

Just read through your wedding updates. (And the photos you took of Isabella- so sweet!)

A-MAZING!!!

Since Su-Lynn stole "stunning", I'm going to say your photos were extraordinary. You and your dress were beautiful! Loved the color of the bridesmaid dresses. Such a brilliant blue.

I love, love, love that you had couples pictures taken at Magic Kingdom and EPCOT. You totally made the right choice with the Little Mermaid location shot. Love the one of you on the rocks. And of course the castle pictures. WOW!

From the ceremony- vows were awesome, thanks for sharing the story about your best man and your rings are spectacular.

Woo-hoo on your special guests. Most people would not be pleased to have mice invading their ceremony, but it worked for you! You also picked a great photo to go in your signed frame.

Your overview and honest review of what you loved, liked or didn't care for was interesting and will be helpful advice to others planning a DFTW

:bride:

Clearly I am very behind, but I just wanted to thank you for sharing your wedding day here. I loved reading it and seeing all the pictures, it all looked so beautiful. Also yay for your Feb trip, looks like 2018 will be a Disney filled year. Looking forward to reading more.

Love love loved all of the beautiful photos! My bestie and I are headed to Disney on Feb 21st and staying at Sports so we may end up seeing you around haha.

How has it been ten days since my last update??...I swear it was yesterday...

I'm currently one paper and two exams down, with one paper and one exam left to go! It's been a serious slog! My next exam is Wednesday, so I should be studying right now...but my brain needs a detox after writing my exam this morning (which was INTENSE!) so here I am! It's a nice break from how I'm spending most of my time: holed up at school, hunched over a computer, with a hot chocolate and my fuzzy Chapters reading socks...

3dPZEv8.jpg

(P.S. If you've never been to Canada and gone into a Chapters/Indigo store, I pity you. I could live there.)

Aside from finals, life has been busy enough on its own! My masters degree is in a health profession, so in order to qualify for practicums and other short/long-term placements, I need to be up-to-date on a lot of immunizations. They want our immunization records next month, so I've been running around from one clinic to another, trying to piece together the puzzle that is my health! :laughing: It takes some coordinating, because I've been working away at it since the summer, but some of the vaccines require multiple doses with certain amounts of time in between. I have two more appointments this week (because the required TB test takes FOUR separate clinic visits!! :eek:), and then I'll need more blood work immediately after we get home from WDW.

Instead of just studying, I've also been working! I left my job "princessing," and this week I'm leaving the diner singing gig, in an effort to preserve my mental health and have more time for school. BUT, I also have a seasonal gig with a company that does Christmas carolling! Between Friday-Sunday, I carolled for 8+ hours, mostly outdoors, and it was chilly! I'm still regaining feeling in my toes!!

(There are dozens of us, and we get grouped into quartets for different events. Often you'll be singing with new people for the first time at any given event. Here's a quartet I was in a few weeks ago...)
zAxyCH1.jpg

In other news, our FP day for February approaches! And I've just received word from N (who's on his way back from a show in Mass) that he picked up a bunch of parcels for me at my International mailbox...and I know what they are!!! Themed shirts and ears and such for our Marathon Weekend trip!! Photos to come soon. :hyper:

And now it's time to continue the saga—P.S. I just looked up saga, and I think this definition fits perfectly: "a long story of heroic achievement..." ...keyword: long. Will this day ever end!?? Possibly, in another two updates or so...

WEDDING DAY: Afternoon Adventures in Appearance Alteration
...and Also Naps.

Disney Day 3 - Part 8

When the motor coach pulled into CSR, it wasn't a moment too soon! I was soo ready to be showered, fed, and to begin a lengthy afternoon slumber. As you'll remember, I wasn't feeling very well once we started the ride back to the hotel. Once we got back to the hotel lobby though, my grandmother insisted on more photos, which probably took five minutes, but it felt like forever. It took a lot of self control not to have a meltdown.

When we finally got back to the hotel room, as much as I loved and appreciated having my family with me on my special day, I just wanted everyone to leave and give us some space to get some rest. Eventually things quieted down, and I changed into shorts and a tank top and took the 75 bobby pins out of my hair. ...yes, I counted. 75. I hopped in the shower, and continued to shampoo until the...hairspray?...perhaps glue?...was out of my hair. Then we napped on and off and nibbled on some snacks for a few hours. We had also put the wedding cake into the fridge in hopes that it would be revived and would be edible later. Spoiler alert: this was only moderately successful.

Somewhere in between naps, I decided I was too hungry to rely solely on snacks, and that I wouldn't start feeling better until I could eat a real meal. N offered to go get me something, but I was ready for a change of scenery. We went down to the Pepper Market for some quick service lunch. Of course I didn't manage to take pictures, and I don't even remember what N got. Maybe a flatbread? Or a burger? No idea. Those things just sound like him.

I went up to ask the chef what I should eat with my allergies. I remembered that the day before the chef had suggested something like a rice bowl with meat/veggies/etc. It seemed a little different from what I'd normally get at Disney, and a little more authentic to the theming, so I decided to try it. I ended up getting some kind of rice bowl with pork, beans, etc. And when I got it, I asked the chef if it would be too spicy because I don't like too much heat and I already wasn't feeling well. He assured me that it wouldn't be, and that there were two kinds of salsas/sauces, and one was spicy and one wasn't. He would only use the mild one. Great!

He was wrong.

I'm not just a wimp here, either. This thing was spicy!! I made N try it to make sure it wasn't just me, and he was expecting something quite mild, so when he took a bite he almost spit it out in surprise. Otherwise it would have been quite good! The pork was tasty, rice was cooked properly, etc. But I ended up throwing almost half of it away.

I also have a note here that we used our refillable mugs for some soda. We don't usually use the mugs enough to make it worth it to buy them, but we actually ended up getting the deluxe dining plan for our CSR stay, and the mugs, of course, were included! Now, back up here: on a previous trip, I'd vowed never to get the DxDP ever again...but this trip we got it for a very specific reason... It gave us 18 TS meal credits, which we used to pay for 18 of the 20 people we were about to host at Boma that evening! The TS credits worked out to cost somewhere around $37 each on the DxDP, and the meals at Boma out of pocket would have been somewhere around $46 a plate. Great deal!! It also meant that we had a whole bunch of snacks to redeem, and I made good use of some of them at Erin McKenna's later.

After lunch we went back to the room and I dozed for a while longer, until it was time for my appointment...at the La Vida Salon! I had anxiously been awaiting my chance to make a big hair change once my wedding was over, and now was the time! Most of my guests knew I was planning to cut my hair at some point. Most of them did not know I was going to do it between the wedding ceremony and the dinner that night!

The salon was fairly nice, small, and in the afternoon on a Thursday it was completely dead. I was the only person in the hair styling area for the duration of my haircut. They also have some spa services, and there's a La Vida Health Club right beside the salon part. When the woman cutting my hair came out to get me...I froze.

First of all, she was in her late sixties to early seventies. Her hair looked like this "Margaret Thatcher tribute hairdo" that I found on google by searching "old lady hairdresser"...
8ukEQNY.jpg

...except that hers was dyed jet black. When she asked what I wanted to do with my hair, I told her I wanted to cut it all off! I said I'd been waiting to get a pixie cut, and that I had some pictures of what I liked. She lost her mind on me, asking "Why would you DO that!?" She went on a rant about how she hated cutting off long hair, and how all these people with beautiful long hair wanted to cut it, and it was such a waste! But she assured me that she knew how to cut short hair, because she'd been doing it for years as all the different trends went by...and how for a while everyone wanted the "Mia Farrow"... EEK! I wasn't convinced!! :eek:

But I decided to just go ahead with it anyway! I'd already had a conversation with my stylist at home, and she told me to go for it, and that if I liked whatever they did then she would just maintain it...but if they made a royal mess of it that she'd fix it for me as soon as I got home. :laughing:

I'll give the lady this...she spent AGES on my hair. I guess this is definitely better than rushing through it and doing a sub-par job. At one point she begrudgingly told me that, "at least I had the perfect head shape for this cut," and that she would tell me if I didn't. :rotfl2: She also said that she would cut my bangs a little longer than the pictures I showed her...because I had a very long forehead and I wouldn't want to accentuate that! ...Grrreeat! Thanks! :thumbsup2 When she was finished, I was scared to look in the mirror, but when I did...I was pleasantly surprised!!

On my way out of the salon, I took this selfie to send my bridesmaids...

SpqBqCB.jpg

When I got back to the room, N loved it! He had been super supportive of the decision to cut it (which shocked the stylist who cut it! lol) and he's since decided that he actually prefers it short.

I had taken off all my makeup except my lashes before my shower since I felt it wasn't quite my style, so I spent the last bit of the afternoon getting to know my new hair cut, and re-applying my makeup more subtly for dinner. Then I slid into the more weather-appropriate white dress I'd brought for dinner.

RFpEni5.jpg

Something else I didn't mention was that after our ceremony, N and I were given a bag of small gifts and cards from DFTW, and other Disney groups involved in our day, like their events team, etc. It had some neat things in it, like a castle-shaped ornament thing you could put a tea light in, and a crystal-type prop thing that apparently was made for/associated with the Cinderella live-action movie. (Not sure what it was used for in the movie, or if they just manufactured a billion of them and housed them on set somewhere so they could gift them to people as special movie props?? But anyway, still neat.) But I think our two favourite things were: (1) a pass to see Illuminations: Reflections of Earth from the VIP viewing area during our stay, and (2) "Just Married" buttons with Cinderella/Prince Charming on them, which can be seen in my photo above. These buttons were awesome, because you can't get them ANYWHERE in the parks anymore! They only offer "Happily Ever After" buttons for married folks these days. We got so many comments on them from guests and CMs!

Now you may remember that we didn't use our included limo service for our wedding ceremony, so we decided to use it this evening instead! We met our bridal party downstairs in the CSR lobby—where Brad didn't even recognize me with my hair cut—and we waited for our limo to show up to take us to Boma...

Last edited:
And the photos you took of Isabella- so sweet!

Thank you!! She's pretty precious :)

A-MAZING!!!

Since Su-Lynn stole "stunning", I'm going to say your photos were extraordinary. You and your dress were beautiful! Loved the color of the bridesmaid dresses. Such a brilliant blue.

Thank you! I love how everything came together.

You totally made the right choice with the Little Mermaid location shot. Love the one of you on the rocks. And of course the castle pictures. WOW!

I loved that location! Thanks! It was all such a blur, and so special. N agrees that it's one of the best memories from the day, and the trip as a whole.

Woo-hoo on your special guests. Most people would not be pleased to have mice invading their ceremony, but it worked for you!

:laughing: Hadn't thought of it that way! No, normally mice wouldn't be invited guests!

Clearly I am very behind, but I just wanted to thank you for sharing your wedding day here. I loved reading it and seeing all the pictures, it all looked so beautiful. Also yay for your Feb trip, looks like 2018 will be a Disney filled year. Looking forward to reading more.

Thanks so much!!

We're looking forward to a year of Disney, as much as we can manage to squeeze into our time and budget :) And maybe even one or two non-Disney trips *gasp!*...but we'll see. :)

Love love loved all of the beautiful photos! My bestie and I are headed to Disney on Feb 21st and staying at Sports so we may end up seeing you around haha.

Thank you so much!! I'll have to keep an eye out for you on our last couple of days in February!

Cute socks!

(P.S. If you've never been to Canada and gone into a Chapters/Indigo store, I pity you. I could live there.)

I may have popped in from time to time... :rolleyes1

They want our immunization records next month, so I've been running around from one clinic to another, trying to piece together the puzzle that is my health! :laughing:

Good Lord! I have no idea what I would do.

"Umm... I remember having measles when I was a kid. Mumps too, I think. Everyone did."

the required TB test takes FOUR separate clinic visits!!

:faint:

I'll need more blood work immediately after we get home from WDW.

This after having just lost an arm and a leg!

I left my job "princessing," and this week I'm leaving the diner singing gig, in an effort to preserve my mental health and have more time for school.

I can totally get that.

BUT, I also have a seasonal gig with a company that does Christmas carolling!

Oh! Nice! :)

Between Friday-Sunday, I carolled for 8+ hours, mostly outdoors, and it was chilly! I'm still regaining feeling in my toes!!

8+ hours??? Did you even have a voice left after that???

In other news, our FP day for February approaches!

Woot!

"a long story of heroic achievement..." ...keyword: long. Will this day ever end!??

:hug:

and Also Naps.

Therrrrre you go.

I was soo ready to be showered, fed, and to begin a lengthy afternoon slumber.

Wow! What service! They do all the wedding stuff for you and shower and feed you! Nice!

Once we got back to the hotel lobby though, my grandmother insisted on more photos, which probably took five minutes, but it felt like forever. It took a lot of self control not to have a meltdown.

:rolleyes: Ah, well. Family.

took the 75 bobby pins out of my hair. ...yes, I counted. 75.

:laughing: I'm not sure if I have 75 hairs left on my head!

I hopped in the shower, and continued to shampoo until the...hairspray?...perhaps glue?...was out of my hair.

Whoa. You showered for 27 hours?

Then we napped on and off and nibbled on some snacks for a few hours.

:) That sounds really nice, actually.

N offered to go get me something

Husband material.

And when I got it, I asked the chef if it would be too spicy because I don't like too much heat and I already wasn't feeling well. He assured me that it wouldn't be, and that there were two kinds of salsas/sauces, and one was spicy and one wasn't. He would only use the mild one. Great!

He was wrong.

oops.

I'm not just a wimp here, either. This thing was spicy!! I made N try it to make sure it wasn't just me, and he was expecting something quite mild, so when he took a bite he almost spit it out in surprise.

I wonder if he grabbed the wrong sauce?

We don't usually use the mugs enough to make it worth it to buy them

I haven't bought one the last couple trips. Prior to, I did. But... just not at the resort enough when I solo to justify it.

It gave us 18 TS meal credits, which we used to pay for 18 of the 20 people we were about to host at Boma that evening!

That's so smart! I never thought of using it like that!

The TS credits worked out to cost somewhere around $37 each on the DxDP, and the meals at Boma out of pocket would have been somewhere around $46 a plate. Great deal!!

:worship:

Most of my guests knew I was planning to cut my hair at some point. Most of them did not know I was going to do it between the wedding ceremony and the dinner that night!

Must've been some shocked people at the dinner. :)

First of all, she was in her late sixties to early seventies. Her hair looked like this "Margaret Thatcher tribute hairdo" that I found on google by searching "old lady hairdresser"...

Oh, dear God.

She lost her mind on me, asking "Why would you DO that!?" She went on a rant about how she hated cutting off long hair, and how all these people with beautiful long hair wanted to cut it, and it was such a waste!

Yeah... because she owns your head.

and how for a while everyone wanted the "Mia Farrow"...

I would've run, screaming.

"at least I had the perfect head shape for this cut,"

Uh.... round?
Actually, I agree with her. People without heads should not get haircuts like that.

because I had a very long forehead and I wouldn't want to accentuate that! ...Grrreeat! Thanks! :thumbsup2

Oooohh... yeah... omg! I never noticed. Look at your forehead. It's like you're a freak of nature!

Yeah... .don't listen to her. I'm only teasing. You're very pretty and Nathan is a very lucky guy.

I spent the last bit of the afternoon getting to know my new hair cut

"Hi! I'm Meghan! What's your name?"
"Hi, Meghan! I'm your hair! Or what's left of me. What the hell, Meghan? What did I ever do to you? Then again, I'm awfully cute now."

I keep reading that as "Dancing for the Win".

a pass to see Illuminations: Reflections of Earth from the VIP viewing area during our stay

Nice.

"Just Married" buttons with Cinderella/Prince Charming on them, which can be seen in my photo above. These buttons were awesome, because you can't get them ANYWHERE in the parks anymore!

Oh! I didn't know that. I thought you could just pick those up by simply asking. Score!

Brad didn't even recognize me with my hair cut

"Why is this strange woman trying to push me into this limo?"

I may have popped in from time to time... :rolleyes1

Oh the lure of Chapters is just tooo strong!! All that new-book smell! The way they've perfectly engineered their marketing schemes and organized their merchandise to convince me that I absolutely need 2 dozen unnecessary gadgets I'd never heard of before... it's like a little slice of heaven!

8+ hours??? Did you even have a voice left after that???

I'd be lying if I said I weren't a little froggy this morning.

*ribbet!*

Wow! What service! They do all the wedding stuff for you and shower and feed you! Nice!

They really do go above and beyond! :rotfl2:

:laughing: I'm not sure if I have 75 hairs left on my head!

:rotfl:

Husband material.

I think I'll keep him.

He tend to do my bidding. ...not even so much "bidding" really, because it's usually without me having to ask. And he looks cute in a bowtie.

I wonder if he grabbed the wrong sauce?

That's the only explanation I can come up with. Otherwise we had a very different understanding of the word "spicy."

That's so smart! I never thought of using it like that!

It worked super well! I made sure to ask someone before we added the dining plan whether we'd be allowed to pay for all those meals for other people all at once with it. They said we could use our credits however we wanted, as many at a time as we wanted, whether we ate the meals or not. I took a screenshot of the chat window where they told me that, just in case. And we had no trouble. :) And then we had our passholder discount for the other two meals, and my mom had given me some extra money as a gift to cover drinks for anyone at the table who ordered them, so we really ended up doing really well budget-wise!!

Uh.... round?
Actually, I agree with her. People without heads should not get haircuts like that.

Good point! It's not just any headless horseman who can pull off this cut!!

Oooohh... yeah... omg! I never noticed. Look at your forehead. It's like you're a freak of nature!

Yeah... .don't listen to her. I'm only teasing. You're very pretty and Nathan is a very lucky guy.

I know. It's a wonder I even leave the house. :rotfl: I'm okay with having a forehead. I think it would be inconvenient if my eyes were situated along my hairline.

"Hi! I'm Meghan! What's your name?"
"Hi, Meghan! I'm your hair! Or what's left of me. What the hell, Meghan? What did I ever do to you? Then again, I'm awfully cute now."

:rotfl2:
Basically how it went down.

I keep reading that as "Dancing for the Win".

:laughing:

:dancer:

Oh! I didn't know that. I thought you could just pick those up by simply asking. Score!

Yeah!! They used to have "Just Married" pins. And they had "Just Engaged" pins, too. They merged them all together with anniversary pins and went with the "Happily Ever After" pin. I guess to simplify how many buttons they need to keep in stock? Now you can only get the "Just Married" ones online (Ebay, etc.) or you can get custom ones made from places like Etsy. It's quite a controversy! We actually had one bride approach us during our honeymoon and throw a fit at us because we got "Just Married" pins and they didn't. We told her it wasn't from Disney, just from the specific wedding company that does Disney weddings, but she was pretty hysterical and wasn't listening. :scared:

"Why is this strange woman trying to push me into this limo?"

I think he was single at that point, so he may not have even been too opposed to a strange woman pushing him into a limo! :lmao:

I looooooved reading all about your wedding day! I admire you planning this so far from home. Our wedding was an hour and a half away and everything was planned via email and facebook messages with florists/bakery/food/venue, and that was tough enough - I could have driven over there fairly easily if I needed to. Even with the weirdness you experienced, it all seemed to go pretty seamlessly, which must have been a huge relief. It all looked amazing!

I had flashbacks with the cake thing. We had two cakes at ours, the white wedding cake, with raspberry buttercream filling that I wanted sooo badly, and a chocolate groom's cake with choc covered strawberries and ganache all over it. I think I had two bites of each and I was so disappointed b/c I was incredibly excited about those cakes!

Your description of the hairdresser cracked me up - your hair turned out great despite her grouchy protestations.

Hooray for more Disney trips in the coming months, that's always a win!

Super excited for the next one and hopefully seeing you at DHS!! :dogdance::dogdance:

I can imagine how exhausted you were! I'm glad you guys were able to head back to the room and relax, nap and decompress!

The hair stylist sounds so rude! But I'm glad she did a good job and you were happy with the result!

I love your socks. I too love Chapters/Indigos. I always stop in when we go to Montreal to visit the in-laws. Here we have Barnes & Nobles and I could live there too. They had reading socks the other night and I had them then I put them back, now I want to go back and get them. I love your hair cut.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter