I Can't, I'm Not Wearing a Princess Dress! - New TR link!!!!

Not a bad way to end our time in the parks. It was a fun trip. And a challenging one. Normally on the last day I'm dragging my feet saying one more ride until we just can't stay any longer. This time... well we left with the park open another 4 hours and I'm currently sitting on my balcony less than 10 minutes away by boat with no urgency to run out and go back. Not that i don't want to be there but this week has just been physically and mentally draining for some reasons I'll share later. I'm finding though that I love FP+ for some reasons but for others it really makes the trip more difficult. I feel like we were always up against the clock and I was constantly on my phone using the app. And that sucks. Especially coordinating for so many people it really sucked a lot of the fun out of things. I'm sure it will be better looking back in a few weeks but as I sit here, for the first time ever, I feel relieved that I can just sit back and relax and I'm not running to hit aFP slot for Space Mountain.

That looks like a rough ending and sounds like you had a bit of a tough go of corralling the crowd. But also that it was a good and fun trip in ways too. Looking forward to your TR ; it'll be interesting to hear what made it hard for you guys.

I'm sorry this trip presented more challenges than you expected. You had a lot of factors to contend with this time around. Additional family members, another kid, the July heat, and heavy crowds. Hopefully once you're home and settled the good memories will stand out and outweigh the struggles.

And side note: I hope your beach days aren't getting completely rained out. My parent's house is along the gulf and it's been raining nonstop here. I don't think I'm going to be able to manage a beach day before Disney, which is going to break my poor DS's heart, so I hope the same isn't happening for you all!

I'm sorry this trip presented more challenges than you expected. You had a lot of factors to contend with this time around. Additional family members, another kid, the July heat, and heavy crowds. Hopefully once you're home and settled the good memories will stand out and outweigh the struggles.

And side note: I hope your beach days aren't getting completely rained out. My parent's house is along the gulf and it's been raining nonstop here. I don't think I'm going to be able to manage a beach day before Disney, which is going to break my poor DS's heart, so I hope the same isn't happening for you all!

I hope you have a great time with your family and at Disney World!

We got to PCB at around 8pm Sunday. Woke up at 4 to the loudest thunder I think I've ever heard. We got out on the beach this morning for about 2 or 3 hours before we were chased back in by black clouds and thunder coming across the gulf. We got lunch and waited out the downpour for a couple of hours and then headed back out for the afternoon. It sprinkled off and on all afternoon but it isn't like we were trying to stay dry...

Coincidentally, DD has very sensitive skin and we've yet to find a sunscreen that doesn't give her a rash. Because of that we avoid using it if we don't have to. We got through Disney without using sunscreen after she got a bad rash the first day and had no problems. Thought we'd be fine on a cloudy overcast day where we were only out for a few hours at a time and she gets a burn. Awesome parenting...

we've yet to find a sunscreen that doesn't give her a rash.

Been there! I baby sat a child who was allergic to one of the chemicals in sunscreens. Her mom used California Baby with great results, the trouble is the stuff is crazy expensive. We use zinc (white non-nano zinc powder) and just add it to lotions we like.

Not a bad way to end our time in the parks. It was a fun trip. And a challenging one. Normally on the last day I'm dragging my feet saying one more ride until we just can't stay any longer. This time... well we left with the park open another 4 hours and I'm currently sitting on my balcony less than 10 minutes away by boat with no urgency to run out and go back.

I read this and at first (before reading the rest) I thought "Nice! He's happy and can just relax now..."

Not that i don't want to be there but this week has just been physically and mentally draining for some reasons I'll share later.

... and I'm really sorry to hear that. It takes so much time and planning to pull off a multi person Disney vacation.

I'm finding though that I love FP+ for some reasons but for others it really makes the trip more difficult.

Hmmm.... yes, I get that.
Some aspects I really like. Others... not so much.

Especially coordinating for so many people it really sucked a lot of the fun out of things.

Yep. I get that too.

:hug:

Not that i don't want to be there but this week has just been physically and mentally draining for some reasons I'll share later. I'm finding though that I love FP+ for some reasons but for others it really makes the trip more difficult. I feel like we were always up against the clock and I was constantly on my phone using the app. And that sucks. Especially coordinating for so many people it really sucked a lot of the fun out of things. I'm sure it will be better looking back in a few weeks but as I sit here, for the first time ever, I feel relieved that I can just sit back and relax and I'm not running to hit aFP slot for Space Mountain.

I understand Andy and I'm sorry for you. I had a herding cats experience in Feb and it was just 7 of us and only 1 toddler. I've never herded squirrels, but as I said, they're vile creatures so I presume herding squirrels is worse and you had more of them. It was hard to get 7 to agree on a course of action or plan, so I can only imagine how hard it was. Hoping your time in PC is more relaxing. Even if you get rain, you can still take a few breaths and say ahhhhhh. Hope it's :smooth: and :cloud9:

Hi everyone! Obviously, I'm back home. I have been back for over a week now. I just haven't had Dis time. Trying to catch up at work so that I can then have some downtime to catch up here. Unfortunately, that won't happen anytime soon. I'll be out 2 days this week for meetings and another day for some doctor's appointments for the little guy. So I'll only be getting farther behind.

I hope everyone is doing well and I'll get caught up with everyone and start writing about our trip eventually.

I hope...

No worries! We're all here when you have the time! Looking forward to hearing about the big family trip and hopefully all in all you had a good time!

Hi everyone! Obviously, I'm back home. I have been back for over a week now. I just haven't had Dis time. Trying to catch up at work so that I can then have some downtime to catch up here. Unfortunately, that won't happen anytime soon. I'll be out 2 days this week for meetings and another day for some doctor's appointments for the little guy. So I'll only be getting farther behind.

I hope everyone is doing well and I'll get caught up with everyone and start writing about our trip eventually.

I hope...
I just put a very similar update up, Andy. It's tough to stay caught up around here. Even harder when you've been gone or find yourself in a busy season. We're all here. Most of us far less than we ourselves would like to be. ;)

I get it. Always hard to start digging out of the e-mail/things to do pile when you get back from vacation. I'm getting ready to leave soon, so I'm actually going to lobby you to take your time getting started. That way, I'll have less to catch up when I get back! :thumbsup2:rotfl:

I hope...
Whenever you can, Andy :)

Ok, I'm asking for advice... if you used to use Photobucket, or I guess even if you didn't, what services do you recommend using for TR pictures?

I've decided to write one from our July trip, and I just need to figure out the picture thing before I can post. I've used flickr in the past and am not a fan, but flickr and PB are really the only ones I'm very familiar with.

Thanks!

Ok, I'm asking for advice... if you used to use Photobucket, or I guess even if you didn't, what services do you recommend using for TR pictures?

I'd love to help, but I'm still using PB... at least for now. I've got until December 2018 to come up with an alternative.
Hoping someone has some thoughts.

I'd love to help, but I'm still using PB... at least for now. I've got until December 2018 to come up with an alternative.
Hoping someone has some thoughts.
Thanks... I could just keep going with PB, but I'm lazy and don't want to come back later and fix it when the pictures go away so I figured I should start with something new on the new TR.

I've decided to write one from our July trip, and I just need to figure out the picture thing before I can post. I've used flickr in the past and am not a fan, but flickr and PB are really the only ones I'm very familiar with.

Thanks!

I followed along on your TR without commenting (i think) so sorry to look like a stranger jumping in, but I just wanted to tell you what works for me.

I've been using Google photos. I've been using it for my pictures for a number of years and I love it because it automatically backs up from all my devices and it's free. So I added the pictures for my TR to a "shared" album, and choose the option that anyone with the URL can view the pictures. Then I go through the pictures - google has a viewer, but you can right click to open in a new tab/window, and then I copy the URL of the picture from there (it may work from the viewer too, but I like to go straight from the picture). The URLs are crazy long, and they don't look like a picture URL - there's no .jpg or anything, but it works!

Hope that helps!

Thanks... I could just keep going with PB, but I'm lazy and don't want to come back later and fix it when the pictures go away so I figured I should start with something new on the new TR.
I know there's a limit on to how many you can post, but uploading directly, in the long run, is your best bet. If any of the other free services changes their terms like PB did, you'll be in the same boat. :sad:

I followed along on your TR without commenting (i think) so sorry to look like a stranger jumping in, but I just wanted to tell you what works for me.

I've been using Google photos. I've been using it for my pictures for a number of years and I love it because it automatically backs up from all my devices and it's free. So I added the pictures for my TR to a "shared" album, and choose the option that anyone with the URL can view the pictures. Then I go through the pictures - google has a viewer, but you can right click to open in a new tab/window, and then I copy the URL of the picture from there (it may work from the viewer too, but I like to go straight from the picture). The URLs are crazy long, and they don't look like a picture URL - there's no .jpg or anything, but it works!

Hope that helps!
I just went to your PTR and I'm not seeing the images (except for the one you said "(thanks Google for the picture!)"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!