I can't tell if we've landed...Spring Break 2018 with Grammy and the teens-UPDATE 9/30

buzzrelly

DIS Veteran
Hello, All! Welcome to my latest trip report!

My mom, DS16, DD14 and I had a WONDERFUL trip April 4th-15th…we spent three nights on the beautiful Disney Wonder, followed by seven nights at Bay Lake Tower.

This was our fourth Spring Break trip to Walt Disney World and it is one of my absolute favorite times to visit. The weather is just perfect and the flowers and gardens at EPCOT are simply stunning. Plus, since we live in CT, by April I am so DONE with winter and I need to get away to warm up!

So, who are we?

I'm Kelly…
kelly.jpg

This TR writer, DVC member, crazy about Walt Disney World and Disney history. My dream is to visit Disneyland someday soon, but it just hasn't been in the cards for us yet. My DH, Mike and I visited WDW last October for the Food & Wine Festival, and we will be going again this year, but he did not accompany us on this trip. Don't feel bad though, he's not a huge WDW fan like me and once a year is PLENTY (more than plenty) for him! Here we are from last year's Halloween…errrr…Christmas trip??

k:m.jpg
We went for Halloween and ended up crossing over into Christmas, which was lovely, but we are going earlier in October this year to get more Halloween/Fall.

Joining me on this trip, however, was my Dear Mom…
grammy.jpg
We call her Grammy :love: She is adorable and just the sweetest person, ever. She does so much for everyone and I am so thankful to have her as my mom. Her first trip EVER, like ANYWHERE, was to WDW in 2010 with me and my kids. Ever since then she has loved it and we've been back together numerous times. She just basically goes with the flow, she is not into the planning and the details but is happy to do just about anything. The only rides she won't go on are the bigger, scarier rides like Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Expedition Everest, Tower of Terror, or Rock N' Roller Coaster. She'll go on everything else, but her very favorite is Splash Mountain. We have fond memories of going on that over and over on our first trip together in 2010 when we could still get paper fastpasses. Boy, do I miss those days…sigh. Like I said, she is up for most anything, but this was the first trip I really noticed we had to slow waaaaayyy down for her. Understandable since she'll be 75 soon, but it makes me a little sad to think about. Still, she gets around very well, albeit a little slower than she used to. On this trip I found myself trying to find ways for her to rest more or sit when possible. And I have to say, as much as people complain about the busses, we never had a problem with finding a seat for her on a bus or monorail. I found most people were very considerate and at least one person would give up a seat for her when needed.

Then there are my two teens, first DS16. Most of the time, you'll see him like this…
n.jpg

But occasionally, you'll see him like this (definitely has to be food involved!)...
n2.jpg

and maybe even sometimes, like this…
n3.jpg

:rotfl:Ahhh…teenage boys. I didn't understand them then and I don't understand them now :confused3

Nicholas is a good kid. He is on the swim team and works as a lifeguard and at a grocery store. He is working on getting his driver's license :scared1: and wants to buy a car when he does. His first trip was in 2003. Of course, he doesn't remember any of it, but he's loved it ever since. Fun fact-he learned to swim underwater in the pool at Old Key West in 2006 when he was four, and he's loved swimming ever since. His favorite ride is either RnRC or TOT, and he's happy as long as he's being fed…churros, dole whips and burgers are among his favorites.

And finally, DD14:
a1.jpg

Although in real life, this is the way we usually see her:
a2.jpg
:rotfl:

Allison is super easy-going, loves all things Disney as much as I do and is dreaming of going to Disneyland Paris someday. She also would like to do the DCP when she's older. I am so thankful for her sunny disposition, especially since I hear teenage girls can be monsters. She loves dancing and actually cut her trip short because she didn't want to miss a dance competition…more about that later.

So that's the who. I've already told you the:
When: April 4th-15th, 2018
Where: Disney Wonder and Bay Lake Tower
Why: Because…Disney! Spring Break! Disney Cruise Line! Flowers and Gardens! And SOOO Many more reasons!

I guess that'll do it for the introductions! As always, I have a ton of pictures to share so read along with me if you'd like, and don't be shy about commenting!

Up next-a short recap of travel day, including the reason behind the title of this TR :P

Also, here is the link to my Cruise TR, if anyone is interested:

A WONDERful three nights on the Wonder

See ya real soon!

Last edited:

Following along too! Your Mom looks amazing ….. It's always so much fun having 3 generations enjoying a Disney Vacation together.

You'll love Disneyland whenever you get a chance to go.

Looking forward to more!

Last edited:
Following :wave:

:welcome:

Joining in too! Anxious to read all about your trip (and am hopping over to read about your Disney cruise too!)

Thanks! Hope you enjoy it!

Following along! :wave2:

Hello there :wave2:

Yay! Following along, excited to hear about your awesome trip!:yay:

Thanks, it really was awesome!

Following along too! Your Mom looks amazing ….. It's always so much having 3 generations enjoying a Disney Vacation together.

You'll love Disneyland whenever you get a chance to go.

Thanks!

I hope I get to go soon!

Following along and will try to comment. Still trying to get better at commenting on trip reports. It is fun seeing families in different stages. We travel with our toddler, and it is crazy to imagine her as a teen.

Following along and will try to comment. Still trying to get better at commenting on trip reports. It is fun seeing families in different stages. We travel with our toddler, and it is crazy to imagine her as a teen.

:welcome: Thanks for reading! I try to keep up with a bunch of TRs myself and definitely get lost pages and pages behind sometimes! It's all ok, no pressure here :-)

It is so cliche, but I can't even believe how quickly those years between toddler and teen went. WDW is fun as they grow because as they change stages of their lives, the trips get more and more different. It's what has kept us coming back all these years :thumbsup2

Following along.

Hello, and :welcome:!!

This sounds like fun, always love reading about cruises + Disney World vacations!

My dream is to visit Disneyland someday soon,

You absolutely should, it has its own special magic! Don't forget to write a TR :thumbsup2

Her first trip EVER, like ANYWHERE, was to WDW in 2010 with me and my kids. Ever since then she has loved it and we've been back together numerous times.

This is so sweet and heartwarming!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter