I can't tell if we've landed...Spring Break 2018 with Grammy and the teens-UPDATE 9/30

Don't forget to write a TR :thumbsup2

Oh, I definitely will!

I'm here! I'll be back to catch up :wave:

Well, hello!!

Following!

:welcome:

I've followed your last few trip reports and I'm finally chiming in!

Awesome! :welcome:

Hopping over from your cruise TR

This one will be MUCH longer! :P

Joining in. Looking forward to hearing about your trip.

Thanks for joining!

Following. Can't wait to hear about your trip!

:welcome: Thanks!

I'm here and not shockingly late for once!!! Can't wait to hear all about the trip

We have fond memories of going on that over and over on our first trip together in 2010 when we could still get paper fastpasses. Boy, do I miss those days…sigh.
::yes:: Ugh, miss those paper fastpasses, too. I don't care what anyone else says, you could totally get more repeat rides in back then. I've come to accept FP+ but I still can't call myself a fan.

Then there are my two teens, first DS16. Most of the time, you'll see him like this…
:laughing: oh yeah, that goes for all 16 year old boys!

I'm here and not shockingly late for once!!! Can't wait to hear all about the trip

You're never shockingly late, you're fashionably late :P And not at all late this time, :welcome:

Ugh, miss those paper fastpasses, too. I don't care what anyone else says, you could totally get more repeat rides in back then. I've come to accept FP+ but I still can't call myself a fan.

Same :sad2:

April 3, 2018: There's a hole in my bucket...

I was going to start this post with April 4th, Travel Day, but I wanted to go back first to April 3rd…the day before travel day, and tell a little story.

Mom and I went to get our traditional "day before vacation pedicures." We wanted to try a new place but the fancy place we wanted to try was really small and there was going to be more than an hour wait. We decided to forget that plan and go to the nail salon at the mall since I wanted to go there to look for a lightweight jacket anyway.

The salon was really busy but they took my number to text when they'd be ready and mom and I headed to Macy's where I got the most perfect Northface wind-breaker. They texted shortly after that and we headed back for our pedicures. The two ladies were directing us where to go, there were two seats right next to each other. So I was kind of putting my stuff down and getting ready to sit when I see Mom going to the chair next to me and instead of putting her butt down in the chair, she was kind of lowering herself into the bucket of water where your feet go. I swear, it was like watching in slow motion and before I could even get the, "What the heck are you doing???" words out of my mouth, you guessed it…she had fallen in :rotfl: The two nail ladies helped her up and OUT of the bucket but she was soaked! The lady getting a pedicure on the other side of my mom, while very sweet and asking if she was okay, could NOT stop laughing. And I could not stop laughing. The whole thing was completely ridiculous and even now writing this, I have a serious case of the giggles :rotfl2:

We eventually got our pedicures done, but I couldn't wait to get the heck out of there!

Anyway, back to travel day…

April 4th, 2018

The kids went to school as usual and being the mean mom that I am, I refused to let them get out early since they were already skipping out a couple days ahead of their Spring Break.

I packed the car with all of our luggage…and yes, we bring WAY too much...
1.jpg

When the kids got out at 2:20, I had this little surprise for them…
2.jpg

You know how much teenagers love getting into a minivan with awesome Mickey artwork on the window :rotfl:

Once all evidence that they were about to have fun was destroyed, they got in the car and off we went to the airport, which is about a 30 minute drive for us.

We got through security very quickly, thanks to my TSA-precheck…I guess because I have it, everyone got it. It's really the greatest thing ever :-)

We sat at the gate and ate some homemade sandwiches. Our plane was on-time…
3.jpg

And before long we were boarded and off to Florida…
4.jpg

Allie and I watched The Greatest Showman to pass the time, while Nicholas played games on his phone and Mom read some magazines.

The flight must have been going pretty smoothly because just before we started descending, mom turned to me and said,
5.jpg

"I can't tell if we've landed, or not?"

This just cracked me up and I said, "Oh, you'll KNOW when we've landed." :rotfl: She's just too cute. Obviously, her words stuck with me and I kept coming back to them as the title of this TR because it just makes me smile :D

We eventually did land and headed to the fake-o-rail. I spotted this on the way…
6.jpg
See you real soon, topiary Captain Hook!

We spent the night in the Hyatt at MCO. This was our second time doing this and I would definitely recommend it to people if your flight arrives late or if you are heading out on a cruise the next day, like we were.

After checking in, the kids were hungry again so we hit up the Chick-Fil-a
7.jpg
and brought it back to our room to eat.

Our room view was nothing great, but there was a nice outside balcony so we could actually step out and feel some nice, warm air.
8.jpg

We showered and were in bed by around 11 and had a great night's sleep.

The next morning we left most of our luggage in the room for DCL to transport, and we headed to our DCL bus.

I'll stop there, and in the next post will pick up on April 8th, when we headed to Bay Lake Tower :cool1:

Last edited:

Joining in. I'm taking my mom, she'll be 76 when we go, to Disney this November for her second visit so I'm looking forward to reading about your trip with your mom.

So funny about your mom at the nail salon, it cracked me up:rotfl2:

Wow that would be a smooth landing if you didn’t notice:rotfl:

I got TSA precheck for Andi and I this past year, best money I ever spent!!

instead of putting her butt down in the chair, she was kind of lowering herself into the bucket of water where your feet go. I swear, it was like watching in slow motion and before I could even get the, "What the heck are you doing???" words out of my mouth, you guessed it…she had fallen in :rotfl:
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: OMG dying here. How in the heck did she do this? Did she actually fall in or did she just lower herself to the wrong part of the chair? I would have been cracking up too!

2-jpg.328500

You know how much teenagers love getting into a minivan with awesome Mickey artwork on the window :rotfl:
Oh,I'm sure they loved you!

We got through security very quickly, thanks to my TSA-precheck…I guess because I have it, everyone got it. It's really the greatest thing ever :-)
Love this too! I get pre-check through my work and anyone that is ever on the reservation with me gets it too. Though we've made the mistake of booking 2 reservations before if we were using points for one of us and not the others, and learned the hard way you don't get it that way.

"I can't tell if we've landed, or not?"
:-) Must have been some kind of smooth flight if she didn't know if you'd landed.

We spent the night in the Hyatt at MCO. This was our second time doing this and I would definitely recommend it to people if your flight arrives late or if you are heading out on a cruise the next day, like we were.
I love doing this too. Though lately we've been on the early morning flights as that is Jason's preference. Not me, but gotta keep the hubby happy :-)

Joining in. I'm taking my mom, she'll be 76 when we go, to Disney this November for her second visit so I'm looking forward to reading about your trip with your mom.
:welcome: It's so much fun, just tell her to stay out of the pedicure bucket :P
So funny about your mom at the nail salon, it cracked me up:rotfl2:

Wow that would be a smooth landing if you didn’t notice:rotfl:

No landing is THAT smooth!

How in the heck did she do this? Did she actually fall in or did she just lower herself to the wrong part of the chair? I would have been cracking up too!

Ohhhh…I wish I knew…I watched it happen and STILL can't figure out what she was trying to do :rotfl: I'm only sorry that I didn't have my camera ready for it!

I love doing this too. Though lately we've been on the early morning flights as that is Jason's preference. Not me, but gotta keep the hubby happy :-)

He's married to you, isn't that enough to keep him happy?! :love:

I typically choose whichever flight is cheaper, even though I end up spending money on a room…I figure it's a wash with all the money I've saved, plus I feel like vacation starts sooner :P. #Disneymath

The lady getting a pedicure on the other side of my mom, while very sweet and asking if she was okay, could NOT stop laughing. And I could not stop laughing. The whole thing was completely ridiculous and even now writing this, I have a serious case of the giggles :rotfl2:
OMG I would be dying. Of embarrassment and laughter lol and I would be texting my sister right away!

I packed the car with all of our luggage…and yes, we bring WAY too much...
I do the same thing. The last two times Steve and I went by ourselves he asked me to try doing just carryon so I did. I managed but I hated it and I told him never again! It's too stressful for me o_O

:rotfl2: This reminds me of when Ricky first saw my business sign magnets on my car! They came in the mail, I put them on, and I went to pick him and two of his friends up at school earlier this year. There's a side lot for you to pick up at the high school so I see them walking towards me when Ricky stops, his friends following. I can tell he mouths "What the F*@k" while looking at the car :rotfl:and when they got to me he said he won't ride with me with the signs. I told them all that's fine, they can walk home - they got in. But he always threatens to pull them off!

Once all evidence that they were about to have fun was destroyed
:laughing:

We sat at the gate and ate some homemade sandwiches. Our plane was on-time…
I recognize that flight board :goodvibes

I get pre-check through my work
One of these days, your work is going to regret giving you pre-check...................................

How were the crowds over Spring Break? We are planning a trip next year at the same time and I’m already stressing about the crowds.
Looking forward to your trip report...

So I was kind of putting my stuff down and getting ready to sit when I see Mom going to the chair next to me and instead of putting her butt down in the chair, she was kind of lowering herself into the bucket of water where your feet go. I swear, it was like watching in slow motion and before I could even get the, "What the heck are you doing???" words out of my mouth, you guessed it…she had fallen in :rotfl: The two nail ladies helped her up and OUT of the bucket but she was soaked!
WhaaAATTT?!?! I don't understand how this happened :laughing: Your poor mom :laughing:

2-jpg.328500

My pre-teen son would have loved the signs and then quickly realized how uncool they are and taken them down too :lmao:

when we headed to Bay Lake Tower :cool1:
Can't wait to hear about BLT. It's one of the resorts we're considering for our next trip!

OMG I would be dying. Of embarrassment

I was! :blush::blush::blush:

This reminds me of when Ricky first saw my business sign magnets on my car! They came in the mail, I put them on, and I went to pick him and two of his friends up at school earlier this year. There's a side lot for you to pick up at the high school so I see them walking towards me when Ricky stops, his friends following. I can tell he mouths "What the F*@k" while looking at the car :rotfl:and when they got to me he said he won't ride with me with the signs. I told them all that's fine, they can walk home - they got in. But he always threatens to pull them off!

That's awesome! :rotfl2:

OH my this is too funny! I don't even know what I'd do if I saw someone do that :rotfl:

That was definitely a first for me…and probably a first for everyone else in that salon!

What'd you think? I really thought I'd like it more than I did, but it was a nice film!

We love that movie. The was our second time seeing it and I liked it even better the second time :lovestruc

How were the crowds over Spring Break? We are planning a trip next year at the same time and I’m already stressing about the crowds.
Looking forward to your trip report...

We find the crowds very manageable, but I guess it depends on when your break is. We were lucky enough that ours fell the week after the week after Easter so crowds were dying down.

WhaaAATTT?!?! I don't understand how this happened :laughing: Your poor mom :laughing:

NO idea! One for the books, for sure!

My pre-teen son would have loved the signs and then quickly realized how uncool they are and taken them down too :lmao:

My kids would have loved that a few years ago…guess those days are long gone :rotfl:

Can't wait to hear about BLT. It's one of the resorts we're considering for our next trip!

We love BLT :love: This was our third stay there and it feels like home to us. And you definitely cannot beat the convenience of walking to the MK!

Sorry, guys! I was hoping to have an update yesterday but I cannot upload my photos to the post the way I always have. I was hoping it was just a glitch, but I just tried again today and I'm having the same trouble.

Hopefully this gets fixed and I'll be back soon!

Last edited:
I'm back! That glitch seems to be fixed for now :D

So I left off on April 4th, we were just heading to our cruise on the Wonder. To read more about that, click here
This brings us to:

Sunday, April 8, 2018: A Little Bit of Pixie Dust

We had an amazing time on the cruise, and 3 days later we disembarked and said good-bye to the Wonder-
1.jpg

and hello to WDW!
2.jpg

We were on one of the first busses at Port Canaveral, but we got on around 8am and sat on it until we finally left around 9 am. I think they wait for the busses to fill before taking off. The ride wasn't bad and we were passing this beautiful sign around 10 am. I believe we made a couple stops before we reached BLT but when we got to BLT to check-in, I was surprised to hear that our room was ready. I was so excited but also nervous. I had Touringplans fax my request for a room and I wasn't sure if the room being ready meant that we got our request, or not.

Also, one more task I needed to attend to was that during our cruise, mom and I went to the DVC reception and signed up to talk to someone from DVC so we could get an extra 3 fastpasses. Before we headed up to our room, I went and inquired about this at the DVC desk. The guy was super nice and asked if we get 3 fastpasses, or 3 fastpasses/day for 3 days. I was like, "Sure! That'll work too!" and that's what he gave us. Nothing wrong with a little fastpass pixie dust to start out your vacation :wizard:

Anyway, once that was all squared away, we went to see about our room….

Lucky us! We got the EXACT room I had requested! We were staying on a standard view 1-bedroom to conserve some points. The room we got was
7412.jpg

which not only gave us a nice view of Bay Lake to the right…
bl.jpg

but ALSO gave us a MK view to our left :cool1:

This one is not zoomed at all...
9.jpg

and this one is zoomed...
10.jpg

We could literally watch the fireworks from our room every night without using a hefty amount of points to do so.

The kids were not excited about this at all and DM doesn't really understand how the whole points system works, but I know some of you all can appreciate this!

Coming from the tiny room on the cruise, it was so nice to be able to spread out in our 1-bedroom…
3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

More room pics continued in next post...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter