I can't tell if we've landed...Spring Break 2018 with Grammy and the teens-UPDATE 9/30

We were at the very first party and it was crowded sold out, it was still so awesome, we had a great time.

It was hotter than Hades and it was still so much fun, I think you will enjoy it.

Thanks! I hope so! that's the one I keep hearing so much about and the DisUnplugged guys kind of hated it. It's good to hear some positive reviews :goodvibes

Our trips overlap some! And we are actually going to be in the same park on two of the days. I have a PTR going for the trip but I haven't started writing our day to day stuff yet. Here's a brief summary of the days we overlap.

DH and I arrive on Friday 10/19 and we are just doing DS that afternoon with dinner at House of Blues. We are staying one night at All Star Sports.

Saturday, 10/20 we move over to All Star Music and my Mom, Brother & SIL arrive around 10 am. We will be heading to HS for the day. We actually have an overlapping FP for TOT. Ours is from 11:05 - 12:05. We have a lunch ADR at Brown Derby at 12:30 pm and FPs for Alien Saucer Swirl and RnRC in the afternoon.

Sunday, 10/21 we are starting off early at MK. I originally had EMM booked but it was cancelled. We have lunch at BOG and then will head out for an afternoon nap. We head back that evening and are doing dinner at LLT at 5:10 pm and then MNSSHP that night. Right now our FPs are BTMR and Space Mtn in the AM with 7DMT right before dinner. I'm fairly certain that they will be moving the opening time to 8 am (mainly since they cancelled EMM) so I'm hoping to catch it just right and move our 7DMT to the morning so we have a longer break.

Monday, 10/22 - Morning is probably going to be sleep in after the party then we are heading to Epcot for Food & Wine. FPs in the afternoon for Test Track, SE and LWTL.

Tuesday, 10/22 - We are heading to AK for the whole day with dinner at Yak & Yeti and FPs for Safari, FOP and EE.

Wednesday, 10/23 - another sleep in day (my brother & SIL like their sleep). Mom and I will probably be up though because my DH is heading home that morning. Lunch at Big River Grille, afternoon at HS with FPs for SDD and RnRC. Evening at Epcot for more Food and Wine.

We are staying through Saturday but I'll end this here since you will be gone. I'll keep an eye out and say hi if I see you!

Your plans look great! You are going to LOVE slinky dog! We did the Passholder Playtime last week and we rode it 6 times! We rode A.S.S. 3x that morning and it's really fun, with Alien country music. Sounds weird but it's really cute. (I loved how the DIS has blocked A.S.S. from being spelled without the dots LOL.)

Food and Wine was great, and the time you are going will be so much better for the type of food they have in the booths. Everything is so rich and hearty that eating it was not too appealing in 90 degree heat so I didn't have as much as I normally would have partook in the cooler months. Everything I did eat though, was very tasty.

Yachtsman was amazing as usual. They have modified the menu slightly but it's not really too different.

Have a great time at MNSSHP! We did it labor day and it was pretty empty. I hope the same for you both!

Sounds like a fun trip you have planned! I have never done GG PPO but I feel like I've read on others reports (or possibly youtube reviews) that as long as you have a reservation in that 8 o clock hour they seat you closer to 8 anyway. Like 98% sure! lol

Our trips overlap some! And we are actually going to be in the same park on two of the days.

That's awesome! I'm definitely up for a DisMeet, if you are!

I have a PTR going for the trip but I haven't started writing our day to day stuff yet. Here's a brief summary of the days we overlap.

I'm going to head over to your PTR :goodvibes

Saturday, 10/20 we move over to All Star Music and my Mom, Brother & SIL arrive around 10 am. We will be heading to HS for the day. We actually have an overlapping FP for TOT.

Sounds like this is the day to do it :thumbsup2

You are going to LOVE slinky dog!

I can't wait!

We did the Passholder Playtime last week and we rode it 6 times!

That's awesome! I have the worst timing…with all the DVC/APH special things, we are not there for ANY of them :sad1:

(I loved how the DIS has blocked A.S.S. from being spelled without the dots LOL.)

So THAT'S how you do it! :laughing: I think I forgot and got the ***

Yachtsman was amazing as usual. They have modified the menu slightly but it's not really too different.

It's been a long time since we've been, but we loved our meals there.

Have a great time at MNSSHP! We did it labor day and it was pretty empty. I hope the same for you both!

Awesome! You're making me feel better. That first party sounded like an actual nightmare and not the one with Jack and Sally :scared1:

I have never done GG PPO but I feel like I've read on others reports (or possibly youtube reviews) that as long as you have a reservation in that 8 o clock hour they seat you closer to 8 anyway. Like 98% sure! lol

Wow, is this true?? So maybe I should keep our 8:35 and try to check-in really early? Thanks for the tip!

That's awesome! I have the worst timing…with all the DVC/APH special things, we are not there for ANY of them :sad1:

Yeah usually I miss out on all the after hour events. I hope they are offering more next year, but it's always on a Wednesday and so can never make it when we're just doing a long weekend kinda thing.
Awesome! You're making me feel better. That first party sounded like an actual nightmare and not the one with Jack and Sally :scared1:

I hope it's good for you too! My sister spent the time on line for characters, and we just went on a bunch of rides and did some magic shots, watched the parade and fireworks. It was a great night!

And now, back to the Trip Report-

APRIL 13, 2018
ONE SAD MAMA

I last left off with Allie and I leaving the MK to walk back to BLT to catch the DME. I had called ahead of time to see if I could take the DME to MCO and then come back on it and they set it up and told me it wouldn't be a problem.

I could have arranged for a private car or gotten a rental car for the day, but I really don't mind the DME…in fact, I kind of like it. I find it relaxing to sit on a big, comfortable bus and let someone else drive. Also, if I used a car service, I probably would have wanted to leave around 3 hours early anyway (I get very anxious until I get through the security gates at the airport, so I like to get there early), and this was free.

enhance

Our bus pulled in at 11:13am...
enhance

and by 11:23 am, we were on our way.
enhance

We stopped at the SW desk and I got a companion pass so I could go sit and wait with her at the gate. I guess this isn't a very popular time to fly out of MCO because getting through security was a breeze.
Allie got some lunch at McDonald's and we sat by her gate to wait.
enhance

By 2 pm, her plane had landed at her gate…
enhance

Just after that they started boarding.
We had purchased EBCI on opening day when we bought our tickets, and she got A48.
enhance

She was totally happy and excited and after she boarded, I stood there for a long time with a lump in my throat,
watching her plane depart…
enhance

enhance

I even videoed until I could no longer see the plane :sad:

Allie's dad works at BDL and has security clearance there so he met her at the gate, and then he brought her to her dance comp that weekend. When she landed, she texted me to tell me she got there safe and sound :cool1:

I walked back downstairs and caught the DME and was back at BLT by 3:20 pm.
enhance

Nicholas and Grammy were still in the MK, so I dropped my stuff off in the room and walked over to meet them. I met up with them near Liberty Square and we decided to go into the Hall of Presidents. It was actually REALLY crowded in there. I was trying to take pictures of some of the display cases but it was hard with all the people in front of them.

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

It was actually more interesting than I remember, and Nicholas really likes history so he enjoyed it too.

We had a dinner at ADR at Liberty Tree Tavern so we didn't want to go too far away. We hung out in Liberty Square taking pics for a while, before we checked into LTT.
enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

We checked into and had just a short wait before we were seated…
enhance

Our server brought out the menu, not that we had a choice, but I guess to let us know what we were getting…

enhance

They brought our drinks, and shortly afterwards came The Declaration Salad…
enhance

This was delicious. I am usually not a fan of getting mostly iceberg lettuce in a salad,
but the dressing was so good that it made up for it.

The rolls came out next, and these were also very good. Just your basic Arnold rolls, but they were nice and soft and fresh.
enhance

Next came the meat, potatoes and veggies...
enhance

We all really liked everything. This was so much better than I thought it would be, especially the pot roast which I am really picky about. But let's be honest, the best part of the LTT dinner…

Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake!
enhance

enhance

Yum!

Now that I'm looking at these pictures, I'm kind of sad I didn't make an ADR here again in October.

This was our first time at LTT, but we will definitely be back someday!

We walked around a bit after dinner…
enhance

and went for another ride with 999 Happy Haunts…
enhance

Nicholas had to become my photo subject by himself. He was a good sport about it…
enhance

enhance

But after a while, even he reached his limit :laughing:
enhance

We had a nice (photo free) walk back to BLT.

Up next, our second to last day and we return to EPCOT!

I really want to eat dinner at LTT, Andi always vetoes it! The food looks really good and all my favorites.

I'm not going to lie, part of the reason we've never eaten there is because Allie is such a fuss! I didn't book it until after we found out she wasn't going to be with us. If she were there, she would have even a bunch or rolls…and that's it!

I last left off with Allie and I leaving the MK to walk back to BLT to catch the DME. I had called ahead of time to see if I could take the DME to MCO and then come back on it and they set it up and told me it wouldn't be a problem.

I could have arranged for a private car or gotten a rental car for the day, but I really don't mind the DME…in fact, I kind of like it. I find it relaxing to sit on a big, comfortable bus and let someone else drive. Also, if I used a car service, I probably would have wanted to leave around 3 hours early anyway (I get very anxious until I get through the security gates at the airport, so I like to get there early), and this was free.
That was good you were able to stay with her! I know my mom probably would have done the same thing in your place!

We all really liked everything. This was so much better than I thought it would be, especially the pot roast which I am really picky about. But let's be honest, the best part of the LTT dinner…
Looks so yummy!

I really want to eat dinner at LTT, Andi always vetoes it! The food looks really good and all my favorites.
Me too! May?

That was good you were able to stay with her! I know my mom probably would have done the same thing in your place!

Even though I have no doubt she could have navigated through MCO by herself, there was NO way I could have sent her off on the DME by herself. It was hard enough letting her get on the plane by herself and it was a non-stop flight with her dad meeting her at the next gate!

Looks so yummy!

It was…I'm actually looking to see if I can A-get an ADR for October, and B-fit it into our schedule. It's not looking good…unless I cancel Tony's on our first day :scratchin

Me too! May?

Aw, you're killing me! Every time I see anyone talking about the May plans I get super jealous…I so want to go!

https://www.disboards.com/threads/garden-grill-ppo-reservation-question.3653201/

I found a thread on it! I would think if you got there early enough you would definitely be seated in time to get out by park opening!

Wow! Thanks for posting this! I don't know how I missed your post until today, sorry :sad2: So maybe I'll just keep the 8:35 am ADR and try to get seated a little early :thumbsup2 Of course, if the TP reservation finder finds me something earlier, I'll move it. It's funny, a couple weeks ago I was getting texts every day with 8:45-8:50 reservations, but nothing since then. I think people were making their FP reservations and ended up cancelling their breakfast plans and now I may have to wait until the week of when people are considering changing plans again.

APRIL 14, 2018
TUPELO HONEY

Just another perfect day...
enhance

Allie was up early and texting me pictures of herself, getting ready for her dance comp:
enhance

enhance

enhance

Sigh, I already missed this face :love:

Grammy, Nicholas and I had a whole day ahead of us though, so we weren't going to sit around being sad.

We were heading to EPCOT this morning:
enhance

We kind of took a crazy way to get there because I was realizing that the only "you are here" mug that I had not gotten yet was the DHS one and I needed to fix that. We took the bus to DHS and Grammy and Nicholas walked straight to the boat launch while I ran into DHS bagless and got my mug. Getting into DHS was really quick without a bag, but the Starbucks line was ridiculous. I had come this far,however, so I was NOT leaving without a mug. And truthfully, they had a good system and the line went quick enough. The funny thing is that I hate Starbucks coffee, but I love those mugs!

Usually we love DHS and will go at least twice each trip, but with all the construction going on there, we just weren't feeling it.
enhance

The boat launch line wasn't very busy at this time of day and we were soon on our way to EPCOT.
enhance

enhance

We entered EPCOT through the IG, and totally skipped our first FP since we didn't arrive until 11:30.
enhance

Instead, we went to one of my favorite QS locations in all of WDW. Can you guess where we were heading?
enhance

enhance

If you guessed, Les Halles Boulangerie-Patisserie, you'd be correct, yum!
enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

Everything is just so pretty there :lovestruc

I ended up getting a Chocolate filled pastry:
enhance

Grammy got this…is it a Napoleon?
enhance

And Nicholas got whatever this is…who knows, because he ate all of it before I could get a picture :rotfl:
enhance

Afterwards, I wanted to get some nice pics at WS, but instead I got:
enhance

And:
enhance

I finally got a halfway decent one and released my prisoner:
enhance

Peter Pan and Hook were way more cooperative:

enhance

We came across the Honey Bee-stro:

enhance

And I saw this sign for Tupelo Honey:
enhance

It reminded me of my Allie and I got a little sad again.
If you don't know, Tupelo Honey is a really lovely song by Van Morrison…"she's as sweet as tupelo honey…"

Also, I didn't really know what Tupelo Honey was, I only knew it from the song,
so this was kind of interesting to read about,
and such a pretty area.
enhance

enhance

Nicholas decided he needed a dessert for his earlier pastry and got this:
Local Wildflower Honey-Marscapone Cheesecake
enhance

He even humored me and allowed me to take a picture…I may have bribed him and told him I would get it but I get a picture.
You gotta stay one step ahead of these teens :laughing:

He's not a real cheesecake fan so I'm not sure why he chose this, but he ate the whole thing so it couldn't have been too bad.

We slowly headed towards The Land to ride on Living With The Land, and took pictures of the gorgeous flowers.
I think this view is one of the best reasons to go to WDW in the Spring :flower:

enhance

We arrived at The Land just before our FP would have expired:

enhance

Usually I take a bunch of cute pics on LWTL, but for some reason, I was looking through all my pics and this is what I got..enjoy:

enhance

So weird :rotfl2:

Since we got to LWTL right at the end of our FP time, we were finishing right at the beginning of our next FP time:
enhance

Afterwards, we headed out for a mid-day break, as we typically do. Good-bye SSE, see you in a couple hours.
enhance

Meanwhile, in CT (but really Rhode Island since that's where the comp was):

enhance

enhance

Up next, we head back to EPCOT at Nicholas' request for dinner!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!