I did it.....I took the PLUNGE! My first Solo Trip Booked for my 50th birthday!!

VickynMicMouse

Disney World or Bust !!!
I am so excited but nervous at the same time. I will be traveling October 10th thru 13th The 12th being my birthday. I had to book a Disney Springs Hotel due too all Values being booked already. I will be staying at the Holiday Inn Orlando, I will link my ressie in a few days so I can book FP.
Does anyone know how the transportation is from the Disney Spring Area to the Parks??? Or would I be better off just taking my rental car and parking. I plan on getting Park Hopper passes for 2 days so I can come and go as I see fit. I know the 12th is EMH Magic Kingdom so I will be there for rope drop. Where can I get my Birthday Button and I am going to get Birthday Ears and maybe a shirt made. Heck you only turn 50 once right:)
:bday: :mickeybar :earsgirl: :dogdance::cake: Doing the Happy Dance
Can anyone share some advice secrets etc??

Well... HAPPY BIRTHDAY in advance to you!!! How exciting!
Since you’re doing solo, I just think using the Disney transport would be best and imho, safer then having to do all that walking alone thru lots and it’s so confusing with traffic patterns and roads.
If you ve stayed disney springs before, it too gets hectic in that area with traffic.. are u driving in or using the rental from airport? No magical express?? That’d even cut expense, and maybe get in a mod? It’s just me I suppose, but after a long day and nite in the park, last thing I want to do is drive and then figure it all out. Here’s Wishing you a Super Spectacular 50th and an Amazing Magical Happy Birthday at Disney, WooHoo!

I am so excited but nervous at the same time. I will be traveling October 10th thru 13th The 12th being my birthday. I had to book a Disney Springs Hotel due too all Values being booked already. I will be staying at the Holiday Inn Orlando, I will link my ressie in a few days so I can book FP.
Does anyone know how the transportation is from the Disney Spring Area to the Parks??? Or would I be better off just taking my rental car and parking. I plan on getting Park Hopper passes for 2 days so I can come and go as I see fit. I know the 12th is EMH Magic Kingdom so I will be there for rope drop. Where can I get my Birthday Button and I am going to get Birthday Ears and maybe a shirt made. Heck you only turn 50 once right:)
:bday: :mickeybar :earsgirl: :dogdance::cake: Doing the Happy Dance
Can anyone share some advice secrets etc??

Make sure you get a free "celebrating birthday" button from guest services.

As the other poster said, it's better to just use Disney Transportation if you're flying in. You can always use a ridesharing service (including Minnie Vans0 if you want to use the dough saved from not renting a car.

Congratulations! Your hotel may have limited transportation. I *believe* there will be buses from this area every 30 minutes strting an hour before parks open and stopping 90 minutes after close. (Please double check.) Disney Springs will only have buses to the parks after 4PM to avoid people trying to park at Disney Springs for free. The occasional Uber would not be terribly spendy and also an option.

Congrats! I don't think you'll be disappointed.

I'm not 100% sure about the transportation from a DS resort but I know some of the resorts have their schedules posted on their site.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts