I Did It.......

Mrs.A

Wants a Castle like Cinderellas
I just booked the concierge at the AKL. I had a savannah view already booked and after reading all the wonderful things about the concierge services just couldn't resist.

Spoke to a very friendly and helpful CM. She only had good things to say about the resort and recommended the sun rise safari. I hope to get ressies for that.

I spoke to another CM :mad: earlier and requested a savannah view and she said they cannot guarantee a savannah view with the concierge service:eek: .

I did not reserve it just then came back to the boards to post a question on it and thanks to Jel0511 for answers I went ahead and booked it.

And a BIG THANK-YOU TO CASS all the information she has is great. Anyone debating on staying at the AKL, just visit her web page.

It has some real nice pictures of the resort. Hurry up Aug. and get here.
Thanks to everyone else for information also.

Hi Mrs A.

Congratulations! Doesn't it feel good to have everything all set?

When you know what meals/shows other requests you have just email the following address

WDW.AKLodge.Concierge@disney.com

Include your name, reservation number and dates... introduce yourself and say you are looking forward to your stay and give them any special requests or instructions. (even mention your room view preference again) and sunrise safari inquiries.

Concierge will email you back within a day or so... they will make a note to book the things you have requested and later will send you a personalized intinerary with the confirmation numbers & details.

You could wait for concierge to contact you... which is usually a month or so before your arrival... but there is no problem with you making the first move - the more contact you have with them the better you will feel. And afterall - the pre-trip itinerary planning service is part of what you paying for - so enjoy it.

Have fun planning your trip - is the "concierge part" still a surprise to your travelling companions?

>>^..^<<

Cass,

Yes it is a surprise to DH, DS 9 and DD 7. I hope I can keep it a secret until them. Especially the Sun Rise Safari. DD 7 will love going on it. (We all will) She is the animal lover. And hopes to see lions and tigers from our balcony. Not sure on those animals at the savannah?

I may have to call and request things, I do not want DH to come across it on the E-mail.

Thanks again for all your help, it is greatly appreciated. :cool: :cool:

Hi.. what a great surprise...

Let your girls know there are no preditors at AKL... no meat eaters.. just grazing animals that get along =)

However, at Animal Kingdom Park there are lions - you should see them on the safari.. also a cheetah, crocs and more.. also Tigers in the Asia area.

Have fun planning your trip.. email me anytime if you have a question

>>^..^<<

Mrs.A

When will you be going. We will be doing AKL concierge Sept 3 -7th

Hi dansyr,
We will be t the Swan Club Level Aug. 3 th 11, then to AKL Concierge Aug 11 to 15th.

Very excited and can't wait til then. :D :D :D :D

The AKL concierge is awesome!! We were there 2 times, once for 12 nights and will never forget it. They do everything they can to get you the view you desire and are very helpful. I'll never forget our 2nd sunrise safari-- the family in the seat in front of us kept flipping out over the RABBITS! Not the exotic animals but the bunnies. We were trying not to laugh too loudly. I am glad that was our 2nd time because they were very distracting. You know the ones- while everyone else is being quiet and respectful of others they practically yell back and forth at each other and made the stupidest jokes and thought they were so funny!

Congrats on booking it and hope you can keep it a surprise! I wish I was going there in August instead of January. But at least a planned trip to AKL is better than no trip at all! :)

On another note--for those that have used the concierge services at AKL (or any of the resorts for that matter), how far in advance have you contacted them. Obviously I am not going to contact them now, but was wondering how close to the 90 days out to you attempt to reach someone regarding PS arrrangements and such? We don't have a touring plan in place yet but I do have some idea of where we would like to eat on the January trip. I'd appreciate any comments or suggestions-thanks!

Welovedis,

The CM I spoke to recommended to call and reserve the Sun Rise Safari exactly 90 days to the day you want to go. It is offered on Tues. and Sat.

The E-Mail is
WDW.AKLodge.Concierge@disney.com

I plan on calling 90 days out to reserve the Safari. The CM said they will contact me I think in May to ask about what we want to do.

Have a wonderful stay. :cool: :cool: :cool:

Thanks for the response. I think I am a little fuzzy still this morning, but do you have to call the concierge or the hotel to set this up or email them about 90 days before you want to take the sunrise safari? From experience with other hotel (non-WDW) the concierge staff usually does everything for you as far as dinner ressies, etc... I was assuming they do this as well, but perhaps I am mistaken.

Thanks in advance for the help!

welovedis,

Hi, You have to let them know you want to do the Safari and they will set it up for you.
The very nice CM told me to book it exactally 90 days, I plan on calling or e-mailing the concierge staff at that time. It books up fast she said.
The number for the concierge services is 407-938-4755.

The concierge staff will call you to see if you want to make any reservations for dinner or shows. I think the CM said they will call 60 days in advance about this.

I honestly don't remember I was so excited booking the concierge service and thinking about the Sunrise Safari.

The lady who uses <<^.^>> as a user name has alot of infomation about the AKL. If you come across one of her posts, she has a web site on the AKL, and is really good to check into.

Have a wonderful stay at the AKL.

We'll be there in Aug.. :eek: :cool: :cool: :) :) :p :p

Originally posted by Mrs.A

The lady who uses <<^.^>> as a user name has alot of infomation about the AKL. If you come across one of her posts, she has a web site on the AKL, and is really good to check into.

LOL Mrs. A,,,, I know my name is tough to type.. but where are my eyes? lol

>>^..^<<

Here they are ..

I think its time for my afternoon coffee!!! like maybe a full pot.

Sorry <<^..^>>

Have a good day. :) :cool: :cool:

Thanks for the info! I'll probably get in touch with them at about the 100 day mark and just send a nice email with some of the basic PS we want and mention the sunrise safari, etc...

I agree that<<^^..^^>> (or whatever lol) has a great site, I have seen her pics a month or two ago.

I appreciate all the info so far and hope you have a great trip!

Originally posted by Mrs.A
Here they are ..

I think its time for my afternoon coffee!!! like maybe a full pot.

Sorry <<^..^>>

Have a good day. :) :cool: :cool:

LOL.. no problem Mrs. A... have your coffee and then we can work on my whiskers!!

>>^..^<<

LOL Cass,

I'm so embaressed, <><>^^><><?????. I think I'll say Cass for now on.:eek: :eek: Today is just not my day.

ROFL.. MrsA!!!

A little too much coffee I think! Well at least you didn't give me 2 sets of ears like SOME PEOPLE do!!

Maybe you should call me Cass =)

>>^..^<<

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter