I didn't get dining plan for my visit 3/8.

songstress815

Earning My Ears
Me, my mom and my two kids are leaving for Disny March 8th. We didn't get the dining plan because my mom has had her stomach stapled and a lot of times we will share meals with my kids who are 10 & 12. After reading everyone's posts, I am getting scared to death that i made a mistake. We plan on bringing snacks to the park and we don't want the emphasis to be on eating, but we do want to have a good time. I have made reservations for a character breakfast and at the Garden Grill. I have also made a reservation for BOMA, but am considering cancelling that. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get through this vacation without spending a fortune on food, but still having a good time? :confused3

do the double cheeseburger extra bun at 80 cents = two cheeseburgers
do bring snacks and drinks. and looks at the menu at couter service rest.
on deb's unoffical web page and think of some cheaper meals that don't feel like counter service. tusker house is a good one in AK and I think meals could be split there.

Do a lot of sharing. Most of the portions are big.

One of the flatbread sandwiches at pop can feed two adults for 7.19 if you're on a budget. So can a noodle bowl at the same location. That's less than Mickey D's slop. I like the get a double burger and an extra bun rather than two singles. They have a toppings bar at Pecos Bills and Cosmic Rays.

I would not do the meal plan in your case. I can tell already, you'd spend more on it than off it simply because of the appetite factor.

Just one Half Chicken and ribs meal at Cosmic Rays could probably feed all 4 of you for about 15 bux
When in doubt, order too little. You can always get a mickey bar or eat a banana later.
Go for more of the bigger items and share rather than order a single hot dog for everyone.
A buffet probably isn't for you. Boma is a buffet. Boma is about 30 a shot for your two kids as well as you. They're above children's age. I'd probably save it for another time if you're on a budget.
If you want to splurge for one nice meal, hit one of the a-la-carte places rather than the all you can eats and share. If you watch it, you can probably get out of a place like Kona or Spoodles for undrer $50 whereas you're at $90 for the 3 of you at Boma.

My 10 year old and I always share CS meals. We always split a double cheesburger. The best discovery I made for avoiding spending a ton of money on drinks is to buy the single serving packets of crystal light ( or any generic brand - Walmart's are good). You can add them to water bottles or ask for water with the counter service meals and add them. They taste great and are all calorie free.

Last year I had dining plan, but in previous years I have packed a rolling, collapsable cooler with water and snacks. I line the cooler with a small cardboard box (like the kind you get with computer paper). Then I put what I want to take with me in the cooler. Although the cooler is small enough to be a carry-on, I always check it with my regular luggage. When it's empty I use it for dirty clothes.

Have a great trip!

Max is my favorite cat! pixiedust:

If you bring a cooler and can get to the Wal-Mart or grocery store, buy drinks, breakfast food, snacks, and sandwich items. We don't eat every lunch or breakfast in our room, but we do occasionally.

Having breakfast in the room is a time saver because some can eat while others are occupying the bathroom. When we do take a mid-day break at our resort, making sandwiches in our room is convenient and inexpensive. We don't have to worry about where we are eating or waiting in line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!