I don't know anything about Disney Land....

florida-again

DIS Cast Member<br><font color=red>According to th
I posted a thread about not being sure whether to go back to Florida for the second year running and someone suggested Disney Land instead. We'll be going for two weeks and won't be hiring a car. Is there enough to do offsite to take up two weeks (we actually prefered the offsite activities in Florida so probably would in California too). We're a couple, both 20, is it worth a trip? What about at xmas time? What will the weather be like?

Several of the rides are better at DL than DW - like Space Mtn, Thunder Mtn, Raging River (at CA) and of course theres Indiana Jones. DL is different. I had heard SO many times that they are "just the same" - and I had been to DL about 8 times. I went to DW last month and there are a lot of differences.

There is a LOT to do in CA. I keep going back for vacations. You can go to Seaworld, Universal (it's a lot more "real" than MGM), 6 Flags (Magic Mtn), Knotts Berry Farm. Beverly Hills, do some Hollywood tours (go look at all the handprints), go to the beaches, drive down 101 - go to the Hearst Mansion...

I would run out of $$$ long before I would run out of things to do... in fact, I can't imagine running out of things to do...

Weather...hmmm.... well, it's going to be "miild" but I'm sure you knew that. I prefer going in October. Smaller crowds and mild weather. I know a lot of people that go around Christmas and they all say it is very crowded. I read that the least crowded time to go is the weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Two weeks might be a bit much for Disneyland on its own, but there are plenty of other sights - such as a few days in San Diego to see the Zoo and Seaworld and maybe Mexico, Universal Studios and Hollywood, maybe even Las Vegas (about 5 hours drive).

But, Christmas is THE busiest time of the year at DL - busier even than Summer holidays. Between school break up on December 16 and the return after New Year the place is packed with lines of 75-90 minutes common for the major rides. Any chance you could come a bit sooner or later? Early December and later in Janiuary there are virtually no queues.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter