• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I don't know where else to ask this ...

Mistyhon

Earning My Ears
Does anyone know if Busch Gardens has passes for ppl with Disabilities . like Autismor sever anxiety . I know Disney does and Universal and so I feel ok but we would like to visit BG too but I am worried about my daughter and waits for rides and being in sun too long due to meds. :confused:

We are going for the first time in Dec to BG. I have spoken/emailed guest services and have been told that they have a card. It is aquamarine in colour in is called either a disability pass or an exit pass. It allows the person plus three others to use it. You simply go up exits and are boarded on the ride within a few minutes. The cm at BG "bragged" to me about how it is much better then WDWs GAC and offers front of the line access (whereas WDWs GAC does not). I have been reading the forum on bgtguide.com and the cms dont seem as organized as WDWs, so I guess I will just wait and see when we get there. I have also been told that you have to get a new card everyday and there is not a length of stay type card (like WDW offers).

When will you be at BG?
We will be there the last two weeks of December.
If you are there before me, can you let me know how it works out for you?
Thanks
Suzy V.

Yes, they have guest asst. - if i remember right it is either a wrist band or a stamp - we had one for my son and mom last summer - you use a lot of the exits to get to the rides and alot of them you can stay on more than one time around.....

I am hoping to get this type of assistance stamp/wrist band for DD on our upcoming Busch trip. Is there anything else youc an tell me about this assistance card. Did it make the ride wait times much shorter? Did you have any problems getting the stamp/wrist band at guest services? What did you say to guest services to get it? :Pinkbounc And did you have any problems using it throughout the park.
I have been told by Busch staff that it is good for up to 4 people.

ANY info. would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Suzy V.

riu girl said:
What did you say to guest services to get it?
Please don't share this type of specific information on the boards. Although it is comforting for people with special needs to have, it is also the type of information that people without special needs can abuse.

If you want to share this sort of information, you can PM the person who asked.

riu girl -- I PM'd you!

For others who are wondering w/o giving up to much info- they are very understanding to your needs there - and do have GAC cards to help you...
The park operators for rides are very helpful too when it comes to using them.
Especially if it is a child with the card they are very friendly and helpful...
I don't think too many know busch gardens will help that way because we didn't see many folks even those with obvious reasons to have them using them...

We were just there for the April Vacation(Busch Gardends, VA that is) We didn't need a GAC b/c of DS's wheelchair and obvious disabilities. They do indeed have one and you will find it is perfect for your needs. We spoke with someone in guest Services our first day and we all determined DS wouldn't need it. The CM's here were VERY helpful and we had a great vacation there. Please feel free to PM if you have any specific questions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter