I feel like Disney is ditching my childhood:-(

Are you talking about rides? As a child of the 70's, I can understand that, but they haven't gotten rid of everything and I still get to subject my children/grandchildren to stuff like Small World and the Country Bears. ;-) As far as movies, there is still a lot of those in the parks-Ariel, Belle, Aladdin, Toy Story...

Change can be hard, but we would be unhappy if everything stayed the same too.

That's how I felt when Horizons and Dream Flight left. I have fond memories. I am too claustrophobic for Mission Space, so won't ride Horizon's replacement. And I do love seeing all 9's on Buzz Lightyear.

Well, I'm a child of the 50s-60s but the answer for me is I like what they are doing. The classics will never fade (Snow White / Dumbo / Peter Pan etc etc). classics for my kids keep getting better (Little Mermaid / Aladdin / Beauty and the Beast) and now classics for my grandchildren (Nemo / Frozen / Moana). All well represented in the parks.

Sure - certain attractions are replaced (I can't believe I'm going to miss the Great Movie Ride - I used to make fun of it since the CMs weren't allowed to deviate from a real corny script). But it made sense - the movies they represent their - except for a very few like Wizard of Oz and Mary Poppins - aren't really popular anymore. Even at 65 years old, I don't reminisce about Busby Berkeley musicals that my parents watched.

But there is still something for everyone -

(I just wish they'd re-release Zorro on DVD!)

I will always support the change but I well be heart borken if they get rid of old fantasy land meaning iasw that ride alone has a family back story pp there are a few others and cop to me cop is what Disney is about just hope they can keep some of the classics for future generations

I will always support the change but I well be heart borken if they get rid of old fantasy land meaning iasw that ride alone has a family back story pp there are a few others and cop to me cop is what Disney is about just hope they can keep some of the classics for future generations

I'm not particularly worried about the classics, but you never know. In any event, the Muppet Courtyard is not one of those.

I agree with the OP. Our first trip with our kids was '83 and it seems a lot of the original rides are gone. Mr. Toad, Snow White's adventure, 20,000 League under the Sea, the Skyway....there are many, many more. Lots of attractions in Epcot are gone, The Great Movie Ride in DHS is now closed. I feel like every time another attraction from the originals closes, we lose a little bit of the old magic. And I miss the old Disney magic.

I have to believe this would never happen. COP and IASW hold such an important place in Disney history. I know the original IASW went out to DL after the '64-'65 World's Fair, but, even so, I too would be so heartbroken if they ever closed either.

I have to believe this would never happen. COP and IASW hold such an important place in Disney history. I know the original IASW went out to DL after the '64-'65 World's Fair, but, even so, I too would be so heartbroken if they ever closed either.

Even if not Disney originals they have such a Disney vibe imo

I have been going to WDW since the first year it opened. I have had a lot of practice at saying goodbye to things I've loved over the years. I try to remember what Walt said about the parks continuing to evolve and change, but it still makes me sad when I lose a favorite. I would give almost anything to have just one day in Epcot with Horizons, the original Imagination, Walter Cronkite in SSE and the World of Motion all running again. I miss the Skyway, If You Had Wings, and the original Main Street Electrical Parade at MK. There are resort restaurants I miss, shops I miss, and shows I miss. Even with all that, I can still enjoy and appreciate the newer attractions, shops and shows, and still have great Disney vacations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter