I Found My Happily Ever After! A Jan '19 TR! + Bonus August TR *COMPLETED 12/2*

I’m betting SDD or TSM FP, both would be awesome!

Sci-Fi is always a nice cool place to relax, we go often!

I love your TSL pictures, the green army men are a fun attraction to watch!

I think the biggest thing Sci Fi has got going for it is that it's dark and indoors. Hanging out in there during a sunny FL day can really re-energize you. Shame the food wasn't more noteworthy, though.

I always hear very similar reviews about Sci Fi. It seems Disney has figured out that it can get with atmosphere alone and doesn't need to step things up on the menu front.

I love all of your pictures in TSL. We also got to see the Green Army Men while holding a SDD FP and it just made me so grateful that we were able to snag the FP and enjoy other parts of the land, rather than battling a god-awful line.

I agree about Sci-Fi. We ate there once and it was fun but the food just reminds me of like Applebees lol.

Love the TSL pictures! Oo can't wait to see what FP you scored!

I agree about sci-fi, at least you got a chance to relax. Love your SDD picture, Kyle looks wide awake now :rotfl2:

A few minutes before, we squeezed our way onto Main St and found a decent spot.
I love being two childless adults when it's time for HEA. Just gotta squeeze in somewhere inconspicuous and you can still get a great spot without all that waiting!

We got up, packed up our stuff, and headed to the airline check in.
The English language cannot sufficiently describe my love for airline check in.

After that we used our FP for RnR! We tried to be cute with our photo!
So cute!

I had on my Muppet themed outfit today so I made Kyle take pictures of me in a bunch of spots :goodvibes
LOVE!!

Not even 2 minutes later we got a text!
Gotta love that Disney magic.

Last days are never the best, but so far it seems like you guys made the best of it!

OOH! What did you end up getting last minute???

The answer to come soon!

I agree completely on your thoughts of Sci Fi. The surroundings are cool and the food is... fine. I'm not in a hurry to go back but I would certainly try it again!

And, of course you scored a final Fastpass! You can't let your good streak die! :thumbsup2

Yes exactly!!

Hahaha up until the very end I was still getting lucky FPs!

I have been silently following this TR since the beginning. and the entire time all i have wanted to say is:

we all deserve a Kyle in our lives.

You got lucky with him it seems! You trip seemed so fun from beginning to end. I can't wait to see how it wraps up!

Awww thanks for commenting! I am very lucky to have Kyle :) We had a perfect trip!

I think that is fair. It's burgers, but it's just fun.

You just looks so happy!

Yes for sure!

I do! haha I was loving SDD!

What a great idea to sneak in an ADR somewhere on your last day! I agree at Sci-Fi. The atmosphere and ambiance is amazing, but the food is not the best in the world. The milkshakes, though, are... did you try one of those?

Your TSL pictures are awesome! I didn't spend as much time in TSL as I'd expected I would on my August trip. But I was so impressed! Disney Imagineers continue to absolutely amaze me :goodvibes

I didn't end up trying a milkshake! If i ever go back I will have to!

Thank you! I really fell in love with the land, it made me so happy!!

I’m betting SDD or TSM FP, both would be awesome!

Sci-Fi is always a nice cool place to relax, we go often!

I love your TSL pictures, the green army men are a fun attraction to watch!

The answer soon to come!

I always think of you when it comes to SciFi because I know it's a favorite of yours!

Thank you! I really love TSL :goodvibes

I think the biggest thing Sci Fi has got going for it is that it's dark and indoors. Hanging out in there during a sunny FL day can really re-energize you. Shame the food wasn't more noteworthy, though.

I definitely agree! I bet especially in the summer it's the perfect place to get a meal! The food wasn't bad by any means, just pretty average!

I always hear very similar reviews about Sci Fi. It seems Disney has figured out that it can get with atmosphere alone and doesn't need to step things up on the menu front.

I love all of your pictures in TSL. We also got to see the Green Army Men while holding a SDD FP and it just made me so grateful that we were able to snag the FP and enjoy other parts of the land, rather than battling a god-awful line.

I think you make a good point!

Thank you! I totally agree with you!

I agree about Sci-Fi. We ate there once and it was fun but the food just reminds me of like Applebees lol.

Love the TSL pictures! Oo can't wait to see what FP you scored!

YES! This is such a good comparison lol

Thank you!

I agree about sci-fi, at least you got a chance to relax. Love your SDD picture, Kyle looks wide awake now :rotfl2:

Yes I was grateful to be indoors and not fighting for a table at a QS location. Hahaha SDD definitely woke him up!

I love being two childless adults when it's time for HEA. Just gotta squeeze in somewhere inconspicuous and you can still get a great spot without all that waiting!

The English language cannot sufficiently describe my love for airline check in.

So cute!

LOVE!!

Gotta love that Disney magic.

Last days are never the best, but so far it seems like you guys made the best of it!

Haha right?? We definitely took advantage of being a party of 2!

YES!!! It makes everything so much easier!

We were having a great afternoon!

February 2 - Our last ride and heading home :(

While in line for SDD I kept refreshing and was able to get a FP for RnR! I was glad since I got to ride ToT twice that Kyle would get to ride his favorite twice as well!

It was cool that we got to see Kyle's name come up in one of the posters, and that it even includes the city you are from!

When we got off I desperately tried to get a 5th FP for something we could ride before we left. I was hoping so bad to get an Aliens one since the line was still too long. And of course tons of times were popping up for all the rides (TSMM, Aliens, RnR, ToT) for later in the night, but nothing that would be good in the near future. I was bummed, and I'm sure a lot had to do with the fact that we were leaving. So after a few more tries I gave up and we headed out of the park. So I did NOT end up getting ride Aliens Swirling Saucers at all this trip! Next time hopefully!

When we got to the bus stop we saw an AoA bus there so we decided to just hop on that and walk over to Pop.

We had about an hour to kill before our DME pickup so we found a booth at the food court to wait it out. Kyle got some food and I looked around the gift shop a little and did some last minute pin trading.

Right at 4:30 we boarded the bus for our sad trip to the airport!

I had a terrible time going through security. I had a few leftover snacks in my bag which I didn't take out. They gave me a super hard time and basically took everything out of my carry on bag (which was pretty stuffed and carefully packed) to rifle through it. The worst part is when they were done they just threw everything back at me! I had to sit on the floor and somehow stuff everything back in. I was frustrated but relieved that that part was over. We made it to our gate with plenty of time to spare. And honestly I can't really complain- we were VERY lucky! This was the day that the TSA agent committed suicide inside the airport. I had heard about it right before we left but didn't mention it to Kyle because I didn't want him to start stressing. But by the time we got to the airport everything was functioning as normal and we didn't experience any delays.

We had the sweetest flight attendant on our flight! She was having some trouble with the overhead bids and since Kyle was tall enough, he helped her out on two different occasions. After the 2nd time, she insisted that she get him a complimentary drink. So he took her up on her offer and got a Jack Daniels & Coke. Before she went to get it, she came over and asked "can I get your girlfriend anything?"; he proudly corrected her and said "actually she's my fiance, we just got engaged". She was SO sweet and insisted on bringing me champagne! So when she came back she had 2 bottles of Jack Daniels and 2 bottles of Champagne for me. She also brought us some extra snacks too! It was such a nice gesture and a really nice way to close out our trip of bliss!

We made it home on time and my cousin Liz was wonderful enough to pick us up from the airport. She had a cute little celebration waiting for us and made us the cutest frame!

There was obviously lots of celebrating after we got home and everyone was very excited for us!

And that is the end of this fantastic & magical trip! I know everyone wants to be updated on wedding plans but at the moment there are none! It's been a busy year with a lot of other things taking priority. BUT I do hope to get the wedding planning process started soon and will try to keep everyone updated :)

In other news, I snuck a trip to Disney back in August! I had no intentions of going back this year...I feel like that's what everyone who plans a spontaneous DIS trip say :rotfl: But after the big trip in January + having some other expenses on my plate, the thought just never crossed my mind.

But my best friend was doing her bachelorette weekend in Fort Lauderdale. I mentioned to my friend who lives in Orlando (S as I have referred to her in this TR :)) that I'd already be making my way down to Florida and she was all for me coming to visit. So after Fort Lauderdale I made my way up to Orlando for a few days! I let S know a few of the things I wanted to do but otherwise I left all the planning in her hands!

I was there for 4 nights and we did SO much and I crossed a lot of new things off my list, including:
-staying at AoA in a Little Mermaid Room
-going to Trader Sams
-attending Villains After Hours

And the biggest treat of all- I attended a preview of SWGE! I'm going to tack on a mini TR of my trip so stick around if you want to read about it!! :goodvibes

Nice score on RnRC! It's a shame you missed out on Alien Swirling Saucers, but I'm sure you'll be able to ride it sometime.

Uh, TSA. >:( My last trip to Orlando I set off the detector and then the hand swab showed a "suspicious" substance. (I'd been to MK the night before and watched the fireworks, so who knows?!) I had to stand and wait for FORTY-FIVE minutes in bare feet (I'd worn flip-flops) while the flippant male TSA Officer supposedly called for a female officer for a more secure pat down. I'm quite certain he didn't actually call immediately as the very lovely female TSA officer said I shouldn't have waited that long. I've not been a fan of TSA since.

Nonetheless, what a lovely flight attendant on your return trip! That turned the tide back to a lovely trip after your TSA experience. Your friends and family also did a nice job of celebrating your recent engagement.

Thank you for the wonderful trip report!

It was cool that we got to see Kyle's name come up in one of the posters, and that it even includes the city you are from!
It's little touches like these that are so awesome! I remember the first time I saw them a couple years ago and my jaw just dropped (I was also a little creeped out but mostly amazed haha)

Bummer that you couldn't find another FP but it sounds like you still packed in a lot on your last day at DHS!

The worst part is when they were done they just threw everything back at me!
That's the WORST! I can definitely feel your pain. And then sometimes they have the audacity to get ticked with you when you have to take time to repack everything.

So when she came back she had 2 bottles of Jack Daniels and 2 bottles of Champagne for me. She also brought us some extra snacks too! It was such a nice gesture and a really nice way to close out our trip of bliss!
That is amazing! Disney magic carrying over, right there ;)

She had a cute little celebration waiting for us and made us the cutest frame!
Precious!!

And the biggest treat of all- I attended a preview of SWGE! I'm going to tack on a mini TR of my trip so stick around if you want to read about it!!
Yay can't wait!!

While in line for SDD I kept refreshing and was able to get a FP for RnR! I was glad since I got to ride ToT twice that Kyle would get to ride his favorite twice as well!

Awesome! Also, this is an incredibly sweet thing for you to think of! :love:

So I did NOT end up getting ride Aliens Swirling Saucers at all this trip!

You need another trip now!

The worst part is when they were done they just threw everything back at me! I had to sit on the floor and somehow stuff everything back in.

Ugh that is so frustrating! I would be annoyed too!

And honestly I can't really complain- we were VERY lucky! This was the day that the TSA agent committed suicide inside the airport.

Oo I forgot about that! I had flown in the day before and could only think about how traumatizing that must've been for people who were there.

She was SO sweet and insisted on bringing me champagne! So when she came back she had 2 bottles of Jack Daniels and 2 bottles of Champagne for me

Aww great pixie dust!

48367238181_b9d45d3b21.jpg

I love this :love:

But my best friend was doing her bachelorette weekend in Fort Lauderdale. I mentioned to my friend who lives in Orlando (S as I have referred to her in this TR :)) that I'd already be making my way down to Florida and she was all for me coming to visit. So after Fort Lauderdale I made my way up to Orlando for a few days!

When I saw you posting going to Florida, I was wondering if you were gonna have any Disney time but I was still so surprised when you really did! I can't wait to hear about it! It looked like an amazing few days!!

What a wonderful trip you all had!!

Sorry the TSA dug through all your things. They scare me at MCO, they yell so loud and bark at you constantly. They had to examine all our candy from MNSSHP several years ago so we always put it in checked luggage now!

I love the frame your cousin made.

I am excited to hear about your mini Disney trip, sounds wonderful!

Loved following along on your report! I can't wait to hear all about the wedding planning and of course, your August trip too!

The worst part is when they were done they just threw everything back at me! I had to sit on the floor and somehow stuff everything back in. I was frustrated but relieved that that part was over. We made it to our gate with plenty of time to spare. And honestly I can't really complain- we were VERY lucky! This was the day that the TSA agent committed suicide inside the airport. I had heard about it right before we left but didn't mention it to Kyle because I didn't want him to start stressing. But by the time we got to the airport everything was functioning as normal and we didn't experience any delay
Yikes! I think I might have heard about that... They were probably not in the best of moods.

e champagne! So when she came back she had 2 bottles of Jack Daniels and 2 bottles of Champagne for me. She also brought us some extra snacks too! It was such a nice gesture and a really nice way to close out our trip of bliss!
SO nice! Again, sometimes a small guesture goes a long way.

I was there for 4 nights and we did SO much and I crossed a lot of new things off my list, including:
-staying at AoA in a Little Mermaid Room
-going to Trader Sams
-attending Villains After Hours
I saw some of your photos. Can't wait to hear about!

And the biggest treat of all- I attended a preview of SWGE! I'm going to tack on a mini TR of my trip so stick around if you want to read about it!! :goodvibes
Def sticking around.

I didn't end up trying a milkshake! If i ever go back I will have to!
You must! It's the best thing on the menu :thumbsup2

I had a terrible time going through security. I had a few leftover snacks in my bag which I didn't take out.
Oh no - that sounds horrible. I hate having my stuff messed with, especially when it was all neat and organized.

This was the day that the TSA agent committed suicide inside the airport.
Oh my gosh, I had no idea :sad1:

Before she went to get it, she came over and asked "can I get your girlfriend anything?"; he proudly corrected her and said "actually she's my fiance, we just got engaged".
Awwwww :lovestruc And how nice of her to give you champagne :goodvibes I guess if you've gotta come back from Disney, that's the way to do it :laughing:

We made it home on time and my cousin Liz was wonderful enough to pick us up from the airport. She had a cute little celebration waiting for us and made us the cutest frame!
How sweet!!!

Excited to hear about your August trip! And wedding plans... once you've made some :rolleyes1;)

Nice snag on the RnR FP. It's a bummer that you missed AS2, but there's always next time.

What a nice gift to have waiting when you got home! I can't wait to hear all about your mini trip and your wedding plans.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter