I give up - going to pack it in for now

So after learning they were cancelling everything I started checking the Disney app. My 3 ADR's turned up missing three days ago. I got the expected emails officially cancelling them yesterday. So my understanding is, and I get this from what I have read on here, that you can start trying to reserve again 60 days out? Also, I just planned on using the same app to access the reservation system. If anybody knows any of this to be incorrect please speak up and inform inquiring minds what's supposed to happen.

So after learning they were cancelling everything I started checking the Disney app. My 3 ADR's turned up missing three days ago. I got the expected emails officially cancelling them yesterday. So my understanding is, and I get this from what I have read on here, that you can start trying to reserve again 60 days out? Also, I just planned on using the same app to access the reservation system. If anybody knows any of this to be incorrect please speak up and inform inquiring minds what's supposed to happen.
Until Disney gives more information, that is the assumption. But as you know, things could change

They are cancelling all Fp’s Adr’s and all dining packages. They’re saying it’s to implement their new reservation system. Your choice as to whether to believe that’s the real reason or not. They sent out emails starting last night as well as posting it on DPG.
But from what I understand is that once the online reservation is up and running we can make new reservations. Not sure about the free dining

we are going back in August, I have to use my timeshare by November and this is my last chance. I am hoping it will be a different experience that we can remember. Yes we will miss the fireworks, parades, meet and greets. But less people might mean we can get in more rides. Fingers crossed.

But from what I understand is that once the online reservation is up and running we can make new reservations. Not sure about the free dining

That’s my understanding too but I think the dining plan is gone until at least next year, free or not. They could always change and start it back up, but I wouldn’t look for that to happen.

As far as I understood things, employees were not told that they all must come back immediately. So if they don't have their cultural representatives, they have to shift other CMs to those positions. They have some CMs now acting as the Social Distancing Squad. And they will probably need more CMs cleaning than they typically have in any one park at a given time. So if they also have some CMs not wanting to come back right away, I can easily see why they would decide to not open everything at once based on that alone.

Plus, they have to come up with rules and operating procedures and signage for every open location they have. Then they have to have transportation as well.

So I can easily imagine a list of reasons why the water parks might not be opening that go beyond just whether or not it's safe to be in the water with people.

That excuse just won't fly. If it's too dangerous to open a water park, it's too dangerous to open a theme park. But right now, as far as I know, they haven't officially said the water parks will be closed. They show opening on the 11th on the website.

All I'm saying is it is hard and not smart to open everything at once. Start small, see where you need to adjust things.

And yes, Covid cases are on the rise in Florida. I think how they are handling things as a whole is reckless at best. That is not something I am putting right at Disney's door, but on the government in charge.

All I'm saying is it is hard and not smart to open everything at once. Start small, see where you need to adjust things.

And yes, Covid cases are on the rise in Florida. I think how they are handling things as a whole is reckless at best. That is not something I am putting right at Disney's door, but on the government in charge.

I don't disagree with you about opening at all, but if you're going to open and you choose not to open the safest park you could, you're not opening it for another reason. I don't actually blame them. They aren't going to have enough people there to justify it being open, but I'm just not falling for the guest safety line. It's money, pure and simple.

I hope people don’t underestimate the combined dangers of Florida heat with mask-wearing. I wear a mask all day for work. I wore it today in 90+ degree heat for under 5 minutes and the danger of me passing out was much higher than the danger of me catching Covid from the many sources I come across in life.
Also, from the Florida Department of Health
“Testing” isn’t as telling as actual recorded deaths due to Covid, given the inaccuracy of many tests and the way the information is manipulated.

I hope people don’t underestimate the combined dangers of Florida heat with mask-wearing. I wear a mask all day for work. I wore it today in 90+ degree heat for under 5 minutes and the danger of me passing out was much higher than the danger of me catching Covid from the many sources I come across in life.
Also, from the Florida Department of Health
View attachment 499086
“Testing” isn’t as telling as actual recorded deaths due to Covid, given the inaccuracy of many tests and the way the information is manipulated.

I wouldn't trust any info Florida is putting out. Once you fire someone for refusing to falsify covid numbers you lose all credibility.

I wouldn't trust any info Florida is putting out. Once you fire someone for refusing to falsify covid numbers you lose all credibility.

Heres my thought most of us on here aren’t from FL so when we go on vacation and God forbid if we get infected we prob won’t know until we return to our home states and countries and if god forbid die our numbers being sick and dying would fall under our own state/countries numbers. So even if fla numbers are high the transmission rate in FL once things start opening again may be a lot higher.. if that makes sense

There is no way to special distance in things like wave pools, can’t wear masks in the water, a lot more bodily fluids. Have you ever been in the typhoon lagoon wave pool?

Chlorine and bromine (which Disney uses) both kill coronaviruses. Obviously social distancing would be encouraged, but it isn't going to travel through water treated with those substances.

Water parks are safer than theme parks and should actually be opening sooner than theme parks. Disney is simply running off virtue signal right now and pretending they're following medical advice.

Chlorine and bromine (which Disney uses) both kill coronaviruses. Obviously social distancing would be encouraged, but it isn't going to travel through water treated with those substances.

Water parks are safer than theme parks and should actually be opening sooner than theme parks. Disney is simply running off virtue signal right now and pretending they're following medical advice.
You know you can't fight rumor and propaganda with facts...

But what about when you are not in the water? On a lounge chair, walking around, getting a snack, entering the park? People aren’t in head to toe water the entire time they’re at a water park.
How on earth are they doing it at VB or every other water park in the area? However that is, that’s how Disney should do it.

They aren’t opening because of $$$$.

There are so many operational issues for every single park Disney opens. Maybe they just don’t want to deal with opening the water parks while they are trying to figure out their main parks. I don’t get why everyone is so upset about the water parks not being open. I’m sure there will be a million other water parks open in the US if going to a water park is the most important thing to you. For I would say the majority of people going to Disney, they are most interested in going to the four main parks so I can understand why Disney doesn’t want to sink all their efforts into opening a water park at this point.

How on earth are they doing it at VB or every other water park in the area? However that is, that’s how Disney should do it.

They aren’t opening because of $$$$.
Disney could open a water park I’m sure but maybe they just don’t think it’s the most pressing thing to open them at this point. Especially if as you say, every other water park in the area is open.

I’m not sure why everyone is so up in arms about them holding off opening a water park. There was a pandemic, not created by Disney.... seems to me like they are doing what they believe is right to keep people safe while also allowing people to still get somewhat of a Disney experience. There are a lot of things to get worked up about in the world , I’m just not sure this needs to be one of them.

But what about when you are not in the water? On a lounge chair, walking around, getting a snack, entering the park? People aren’t in head to toe water the entire time they’re at a water park.

It is very easy to spread out lounge chairs. Everything else is the exact same as it would be in the parks.

Look, water parks all over the country are doing it without any problem. Parks just as big as the water parks at Disney World. It isn't a difficult thing to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter