I got a letter from Disney...did you?

zachsmomie

Mouseketeer
Today in the mail I got this letter from Disney.

"Guests who moved a reservation from Disney's Port Orleans Resort to a Disney's Deluxe Resort or a Disney's Home Away from Home Resort , please note:

If we offered you a special rate for an upgrade from Diney's Port ORleans Resort to a Disney's Deluxe Resort or a Disney's Home Away From Home Resort and you purchased this upgrade, you may cancel the upgrade within 10 days after the date of purchase if you do not wish to use it and receive a refund of any amount already paid for the upgrade. To cancel the upgrade, call (407) WDISNEY/(407) 934-7639."

April 2003

What do you think this is all about?

That kinda sounds to me like they just want you to know that you didnt HAVE to take the upgrade option and you COULD cancel it if you wanted to without a penalty.

I wonder what would happen since they ARE closing and they called and offered you an upgrade and you had a fit and said you refused to pay more.... hmmmmm

There were several people reporting that they were told over the phone about the 10 day time limit when they got the upgrade.

I suppose this would prevent any problems should codes come up. It looks to to me like after 10 days, your only option would be to cancel the reservation and place a new one. While codes are always applied to rack rates, it could get confusing I suppose. For most people I don't think it matters, codes aren't going to be below the upgrade. There are quite a few though who paid rack rate for POFQ and their upgrade rate isn't nearly as cheap.

"I wonder what would happen since they ARE closing and they called and offered you an upgrade and you had a fit and said you refused to pay more"

No one was forced to pay more. They offered an even switch to a moderate or an upgrade to a deluxe at unheard of rates. If you wanted neither of those I think they'd give you your money back along with their most sincere apologies. ;)

I'll venture a guess ......

I see by your counter that your trip is really soon so if you booked thru WDTC you are within the period where cancellation penalties would apply. Maybe they are giving you the chance to cancel without those penalties since many people may have accepted upgrades from an unexpected phone call without consulting family members or budgets.

I was told about this policy when I upgraded to the AKL, but I was so excited to get the upgrade that I didn't really think to question it.

This is just my guess, so take it for what it's worth....

Cathy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter