I got great news last night, but I wish they would have told me sooner.

mom2rb

DIS Veteran
So my son is at Houston Ballet. He tried out for The Nutcracker and made alternate. Well he has been going to all the practices and all he ever told me was that they taught him a new part. I just thought that he was now alternate for two parts. Last night I go ask what the rules are ( I never got any information about it). I was told that he did so well that they gave him a part in the show!:cool1: :banana: :woohoo: I am so proud of him. But now my whole family is rushing to get tickets for the show.

So if any of you in Houston are going to see the Nutcracker, let me know your dates and I tell you if my son is in that performance.

Congrats to him! He must have worked very hard for many years - I'm glad he's getting to see the fruits of all that labor! :cool1:

Very nice!!

My DD's former ballet instructors were principal dancers with the Houston Ballet - Grace and Tad Snider. They were excellent teachers, and spoke very highly of that company.

I know you are extremely proud of your son. My 13 year old daughter is performing for the 6th time this year with the Baton Rouge Ballet in their Nutcracker. She's not on pointe yet and the parts of course are not large but she absolutely loves being on-stage. On the form for the audition there is a line where you can refuse a part, my daughter says she wouldn't refuse any part, she'd do anything!! Do you know what part he's gotten? Every year we wish for the coveted party scene, but every year she gets picked for something else and now I think she's too tall for that scene. Hope your son has a blast and don't forget the flowers after the performance.

Tisha

I know you are extremely proud of your son. My 13 year old daughter is performing for the 6th time this year with the Baton Rouge Ballet in their Nutcracker. She's not on pointe yet and the parts of course are not large but she absolutely loves being on-stage. On the form for the audition there is a line where you can refuse a part, my daughter says she wouldn't refuse any part, she'd do anything!! Do you know what part he's gotten? Every year we wish for the coveted party scene, but every year she gets picked for something else and now I think she's too tall for that scene. Hope your son has a blast and don't forget the flowers after the performance.

Tisha

He is in the party scene. I don't think that boys get flowers. I plan on buying him a video game.

How exciting! Congratulations to your son!
I have thought about getting tickets .I think I just might now! I hope it's not too late.

Congrats to your son! My DD is 10 and this is her sixth year in the Nutcracker. It's a lot of hard work, but she loves every minute of it. Enjoy the show!

Congrats to him! My DD9 is doing the Nutcracker for the first time this year and she is so excited! Tons of rehearsals though- this is the first year she has been able to commit to doing it because she had too much going on to make all the required practices!

So my son is at Houston Ballet. He tried out for The Nutcracker and made alternate. Well he has been going to all the practices and all he ever told me was that they taught him a new part. I just thought that he was now alternate for two parts. Last night I go ask what the rules are ( I never got any information about it). I was told that he did so well that they gave him a part in the show!:cool1: :banana: :woohoo: I am so proud of him. But now my whole family is rushing to get tickets for the show.

So if any of you in Houston are going to see the Nutcracker, let me know your dates and I tell you if my son is in that performance.
Congrats to him

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter