I got my flu shot today šŸ’‰

dh and I both got ours yesterday
DS last week and DGD and DIL the week before that

The girls and I got ours earlier this week. My arm is finally looking/feeling normal. I always get a big red welt.

This is something that I need to do as well. They are giving them out where I work but there are many local places I can have it done as well. This is something that I have done every year and this year it has been on my mind twice as much because of our current situation. My son already had his done. Honestly I'm just excited to finally get chipped by my government. :0 Kidding of course, kidding, I can't believe that I have to write that but such is our current condition.

The girls and I got ours earlier this week. My arm is finally looking/feeling normal. I always get a big red welt.
I honestly didn't even think about that until you mentioned it. If I move my arm up it's a tiny bit sore, but not much, and I haven't taken anything for pain. Got lucky again!

DH will have to go in to the doctor this year, instead of getting it at Publix, like we usually do (avoiding crowds). DS is still too young (our Publix won't do flu shots under 18), so I have to call tomorrow to get them both an appointment at the PCP. I am getting mine next week at Publix; I had to wait for my ear/eye/sinus infection to completely clear up.

My parents and I got ours on Thursday. I had asked my doctor and she sad around mid September this year.

That is just before the latest we can get it for work - a hospital!
Yeah, my mom was a nurse. Only shot she ever had to have for work was a Swine Flu shot in 1976. The hospital "suggested" anyone living in the same household also get one. I was 19 and still living at home when I wasn't away at college, so I got one. She retired in 1985.

I got mine on Thursday at Safeway. It wasn't crowded at all.

I was supposed to get it at work on Wednesday but had a meeting at the same time. I missed the guy by less than 5 minutes - I watched him drive away. :headache:

Last year, I couldn't get it at work because I'd been sick with a sinus infection. Then, the stores ran out. I ended up not getting it until late December or early January. I didn't want to run into that situation again!

Doctor says wait until November 1st. That way it it still in full effect during the normal peak of flu season.
Interesting. We donā€™t live too far apart and my doc said to get it as soon as it was available.

In any case, we all got them Tuesday. Theyā€™re doing drive through and it was super simple.

Yeah, my mom was a nurse. Only shot she ever had to have for work was a Swine Flu shot in 1976. The hospital "suggested" anyone living in the same household also get one. I was 19 and still living at home when I wasn't away at college, so I got one. She retired in 1985.
I feel like I know your Mom from your posts about her. I like how proud you are of her. She sounds like quite a lady, and a great nurse!

Our local Target was giving you a free $5 gift card if you did it so we had spontaneous flu shots for the family so mom could take those gift cards to buy ā€œnecessitiesā€ šŸ˜‚

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter