I got my flu shot today 💉

Husband and I got ours Friday! My work does flu shot drives- for the first time in anyone’s memory, they RAN OUT of shots last week. And husband’s work (public schools) does a drive in October, but the school nurse was begging teachers to get theirs early because of concerns of supply.

We get ours mid October. Basically because this is when our doctors have said to get it so we kind of just stick to that timeframe for some reason.

Husband and I got ours Friday! My work does flu shot drives- for the first time in anyone’s memory, they RAN OUT of shots last week. And husband’s work (public schools) does a drive in October, but the school nurse was begging teachers to get theirs early because of concerns of supply.
I have heard the same thing.get it early, supply may be limited! :eek:

Publix gives $10 gift card which is nice to use at the store. Very nice, when DH and I get ours, $20 to use on groceries!::yes::
Calling Publix Pharmacist this morning.. I got a Mumps booster(yes, my routine blood work run at my annual well visit showed that my Mumps vaccine had worn off) 2 weeks ago and DH got a Tetanus shot which also protects against Whooping Cough(new grandbaby is coming in Feb, YIPPEE!:yay::cheer2:!)..we want to make sure that it is safe to get the flu shots since we both had shots 2 weeks ago..
Want to get it ASAP. .concerned there will be a shortage. :eek:

Doctor says wait until November 1st. That way it it still in full effect during the normal peak of flu season.

My son's pulmonologist says the same thing. We generally get it for him around mid to late October.

My workplace will be running a clinic but I haven’t heard when. I don’t think the public clinics and pharmacies have started up here yet - it’s still pretty early.

Just to explain the later flu shot as explained to me. Since the flu season runs through late-March, early-April, my son's pulmonologist noted that in some cases, for some people, the antibodies that develop after the vaccine is given start to wane at the 5-6 month mark. Since the flu season, on average where I live, seems to always be at it's worse in early March he recommended waiting until October (but no later than 1 November). That made sense to me and while I know the flu season really starts to increase in October, cases in our area always seem so low until late December.

Got ours last week. :thumbsup2 I had the flu in '98 and don't want it again, especially not this year.

Scheduled for Oct 9th. Doc says early Oct so it does not wear out before flu season is over.

DH and I got ours during the morning senior hours at WalMart. This was Tuesday and no one else in line!

Yep! Except it took 30 minutes at Walgreens, even though there was no one in front of me. Even though I had an 8:00 a.m. appointment, the cashier had to put it in like a prescription, and I apparently had to wait until the pharmacist got to mine. Don't think I'll do that again.

Yep! Except it took 30 minutes at Walgreens, even though there was no one in front of me. Even though I had an 8:00 a.m. appointment, the cashier had to put it in like a prescription, and I apparently had to wait until the pharmacist got to mine. Don't think I'll do that again.
This is *always* our experience and I really hate it. Trying to figure out where to do better this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!